With the rumor mill alive and well regarding just exactly what came out of the Commission meeting discussion concerning Grays Harbor I e-mailed staff and they provided the following information. Also I previously posted links to the staff presentation to the Commission and that is all I know at the present.

To the question of lack of protection for the tidewater tribs performing well below escapement in recent years the D model shows two fish Rec Coho. Have to wait and see if some sanity arrives but I am not holding my breath as it appears most are in the "I want to kill a fish mode" at the present. Link to information. https://wdfw.wa.gov/sites/default/files/...02022_Final.pdf

FROM STAFF:

Morning ,

We are still in negotiation with the co-managers concerning GH commercial seasons, so no updated models at this time. The sport season in the model you attached is most likely the season moving forward.

We didn’t actually present a model to the Fish Committee, we presented and talked about the range of impacts from the original model runs, A-C. I hadn’t developed model D yet when we originally started preparation for the presentation. So, the Commission granted us permission to develop a package that basically doesn’t exceed 20%, I think that was the impact on Chehalis Coho from model A. When we finalize agreement with QIN, we will make sure to get it distributed as soon as possible.

MODEL D REC SEASONS:

Model 2 - NT Comm 2A/D 3-Wk 44, 2-Wk 45, 2C 4-Wk 43, 2-44; FW 1 fish Chehalis (FRAM 2124a)
Fishery Description
Sport
Marine 2.2 Dates Bag Limit
Area 2D only Sept 16-Oct 31 2 Adult bag: release Chinook (east of 2B only)
Area 2C only Aug 1-Sept 15 1 Adult bag: release wild Coho

Chehalis River Mouth to Hwy 6 No spring Chinook fishery
Chehalis River Mouth to South Elma Bridge Aug 1-Sept 15 : Release adult salmon
Chehalis river mouth to Fuller Bridge Sept 16-Oct 31 2 Adult bag: Release Chinook
Chehalis river mouth to Fuller Bridge Nov 1 Adult bag: Release Chinook
Chehalis river mouth to Fuller Bridge Dec 1 Adult bag: Release Chinook and adult wild coho
Chehalis River Fuller Bridge up to High Bridge Oct 1-Oct 31 2 Adult bag: Release Chinook
Chehalis River Fuller Bridge up to High Bridge Nov 1 Adult bag: Release Chinook
Chehalis River Fuller Bridge up to High Bridge Dec 1 Adult bag: Release Chinook and adult wild coho

Hoquiam Oct 1-Oct 31 2 Adult bag: Release Chinook
Nov 1 Adult bag: Release Chinook
Wishkah Oct 1-Oct 31 2 Adult bag: Release Chinook

Wynoochee Oct 1-Oct 31 2 Adult bag: Release Chinook
Satsop Oct 1-Oct 31 2 Adult bag: Release Chinook

Black River Oct 1-Oct 31 2 Adult bag: Release Chinook
Skookumchuck Oct 1-Oct 31 2 Adult bag: Release Chinook