10/21/2024

Originally Posted By: steely slammer
I can tell u right now that there isn't the fish WDFW said there will be..Maybe on paper but not in the river !!

You might be right...."time tells all" but the word I've seen and getting is there were many early coho caught/released during the 9/1 - 9/15 period of time. 9/16 - to present time, there is NO WAY to actually know the amount of legal fish caught by sport fishers......yea they have some people monitor some of the launch/take out sites but this is NOT done daily. Yea, there are models but timing of fish AND on the sports side "how many punch cards are actually returned", I'll guaranteed its not 100%, and at one time when I checked it was less than 50 %.

I know that WDFW and the QIN, use models BUT if the numbers used in the models are not accurate then the results aren't accurate.....yea it might be better than 200 years ago but "we still don't fully understand "why fish do what they do".

Guides are suppose to report "everyday", just what their boat caught EVERYTIME they have clients in their boats, I've never seen any mention of that in any models or even been able to find results in any WDFW computer documentation.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"