Hi Chris,

We saw a lot of fish hiding in the usual places, behind boulders, in the deeper section of runs, and on the apron of the tailouts (the amount of fish in the tailouts surprised me). Talk about the ultimate guide to reading rivers. The fish that we caught were actually from a series of deep holes that we couldn't spot fish in because of the depth. Shoot, we had no problem spotting fish from the bank, which is where we fished from. Plus, all of the folks who were fishing this particular river had fish on the bank, so we had no real advantage other than no stop signs or speed limits on the way. You can see a fish, but that doesn't mean you can get it to bite.

In all we saw probably 50+ fish while we were walking the banks, hundreds by air, but we only caught 7 fish total. Yeah, only. wink Lots of the fish we saw were in runs where there was nowhere to set down safely. That was our limiting factor.

I'm sure you would have jumped at the chance to fish like this, most folks would, and I am very greatful that Brad was kind enough to let me tag along.

Dan,

Thanks for the assistance on the picture!

We also saw 4 different herds of elk, from 4 to a dozen animals, but no real monsters. Had bear tracks and elk tracks on the river bank, and I think a coyote. Also saw some Native American fellows who connected on some elk, two raghorns.

Best of luck to all of you folks tomorrow, I'll be fishing the Wynoochee, but this time from a DB.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.