Whew! After reading all these posts, it makes the overall picture a little clearer when it comes to the Wild Steelhead future. Bottom line is there is still a ton of work to do, BUT we are headed in the right direction(although some cant break the conspiracy block). Lots of really good and insightful information...

Thanks to Smalma, Salmo, Todd, and others...Oh, and Mr. Vedder for "telling it like it is" thumbs

I dont know how you guys put up with the few knuckleheads that contradict everything you say.

If everybody would get on the same page, we could kick the left n*** off the commercials and buy out the tribe and have plenty of fish to catch.

About hatcheries....Who wants them eek ?? If we could get the nets out, and somehow improve ocean conditions(food supply), there would be ample "REAL" steelhead (10-25#ers) and no hatchery turds. Never gonna happen though, desighner steelhead hatcheries are probably the safest and smartest bet for now...
Holy crap, im starting to ramble and get emotional...goodnight
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown