I was able to have a decent conversation with Commissioner Jennings and some of the environmentalists. I told them we all want the same thing, a rebounded Puget Sound, be we all differ in the way we want to get there and closures we will never back. Maybe some common ground is all that is needed. It would be nice to see some of these groups to fund derelict net removal instead of closures. PSA has given thousands to NW straits but it is not enough. We need more $ as the stimulus money is gone.

By the way bottom dragging was closed in the Puget Sound and Straits at this meeting and per mine and slowleaks request they are moving on with emergency rule making to make commercial nets have mandatory marking and mandatory net loss within 24-48 hours. I gave them some paperwork from the NW Straits commision showing the nets left and amont they are killing per county. It drove the point home and now it is in the making regardless if HB1717 passes or not.
Join the Puget Sound Anglers Sno-King Chapter. Meets second Thursday of every month at the SCS Center, 220 Railroad Ave. Edmonds, WA 98020 at 6:30pm Two buildings south of the Edmonds Ferry on the beach.