Day 6...

My boat scores 3 for 6.

Based on a report from the previous day, there was a hellaciously good tide bite for kings at the Mud leading right up to the guides' 6pm quittin' whistle. Noel and Art and I were too distracted flossin' reds at Honeymoon at the time.... I found out after the fact.

So the next am, we strategize that the Mud is the place to be first thing in the morning. We strategized correctly. It wasn't hot and heavy, but a steady bite materialized and we plucked the biggest fish out of the run amongst 45-50 other boats. As I posted earlier, Team KeenEye had to endure extreme verbal heckling as we pinned the boat to the high bank and set up for some Release-A-Hawg photos. We were promptly reported to the Rangers for molesting/abusing fish.

My crew quit at their usual 10 am appointment with brunch. I jumped into a guide buddies boat to help deckhand and get an extra rod deployed for his crew. Great day of fishing but mid-day catching was non-existent.

Noel and Tanner motored down to Eagle Rock to pick me up at about 4 pm. Went down to the Pasture and got blanked. Popped back up to Mud for the end-of-shift bite that happened the day before. The fish started biting in earnest just as the guides ran out of time. Tanner scored his second fish in the 40 pound class.... a mortally wounded platinum buck that got stuck in the first gill arch. By the time that fish was landed and the horribly underexposed pics were taken, we were nearly flooded out. Nearly = just enough time for Noel to hook up again with a smaller platinum buck.

Attachments
07-21-11 FVE 50 inch RAH 1.jpg

07-21-11 FVE Jeff 50 inch RAH.jpg

07-21-11 FVE Jeff 50 inch RAH 2.jpg

07-21-11 Art 39 buck B&W.jpg

07-21-11 Art 39 buck headshot.jpg

07-21-11 Art 39 buck.jpg

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!