I have done more reading and the Wedge pack is the only one preying on the untended chow wagons in the national forest. There are about 4 more packs in NE Washington not currently preying on livestock. I think for the Wedge pack the damage is done and these wolves will not be able to adapt to normal prey. They should be culled. It is too bad cause these animals did not create this situation, but they will be killed for what has happened. I figure that its OK for stuffed animal lovers...I mean stuffed animal collectors..."big game hunters" to hunt them legally. I have no problem with folks legally hunting wolves anywhere.

The real problem is free ranging unattended livestock on public lands like the national forest. If they run their herds in the wilderness then they should not be surprised if some are killed by wild animals.

The state should be responsible since they leased grazing rights to the ranchers. Right? I mean would't you want to sue the state if you left your property unattended for undocumented packs of canadian predators to eat. Damn it is like the time I left my sandwich out and someone ate it. I should have sued beathead

And Hank I would not make a good cattle guard. I like fresh bovine too 3:) evil shoot

Edited by Ketaman (09/23/12 08:30 PM)