I am a tried and true Spiderwire fan. I have fished salmon, sturgeon, and steelhead with this line. Although it is more costly than the others it performs much better. I have used Tuff Line, Tuff Line Plus, Fireline, and the new Proline. The biggest difference to me is that the Spiderwire is 100% Spectra 2000. This makes this the strongest as well as the thinist of the bunch.

Don't let anyone tell you that the diameter is not much different. While sturgeon fishing I use 60lb (15lb mono diameter) Spiderwire, my buddy uses 60 lb Tuffline. Why is it that under normal conditions he has to use 10 to 12 ounces of lead when I can get by with 8 oz? While trolling for coho and chinook out of Illwaco I use the same line. My buddy uses 25 lb mono. I use less weight when mooching, and when using divers the smaller diameter allows the bait to get much deeper than his with less line out. This has resulted in many more hookups on my rod.

When I pull plugs in the river, I use 30lb.(6 lb mono dia,) When a fish hits it's game over. I have yet to have one come off. This includes silvers, kings as well as chums. My vote...Spiderwire (moss green). With the Proline coming in second. 80 lb Tuff Line makes great sturgeon leaders. The Tuff Line Plus is awfull. I know of two local sporting good stores that have sent back there stock because of complaints from customers. Good luck..

[This message has been edited by Paranoid1 (edited 03-10-2000).]