LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159173 - 09/07/02 12:03 PM How's fishing on the Skagit River?
dakota Offline
Egg

Wanting to drift the Skagit River possibly the Skykomish. Would appreciate some information. New to the sport. Is the fishing any good and if so what are you catching and how?

#159174 - 09/07/02 03:37 PM Re: How's fishing on the Skagit River?
jr5142 Offline
Fry

Loc: Mount Vernon WA
Gald to hear that you are putting intrest into the skagit dakota.....it is one of the better fisheries around, and seldom gets respect as so. 1st the spot to pull plugs k14, or k15's is the 101 north hole...if you cant find it go up past concrete and start asking... we pulled that hole about 2 dozen times friday morning and hooked, landed, and released 5 kings, 2 silvers, and 3 dollies between 5 of us. Second go to holiday sports (behind holiday market) it is on highway 20 right were it comes into burlington from anacortes. They have a great local posting board outside and always have the low down on skagit fishing. Anyways I cant give away all my secrets but email me at jr5142@hotmail.com if you have anymore questions! Hope to see you out on the skagit soon!!

#159175 - 09/07/02 05:53 PM Re: How's fishing on the Skagit River?
Smalma Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Marysville
Dakota -
If you are interested in salmon you might consider moving about 50 miles downstream of the 101 hole to where it is open for salmon fishing. Until the 16th of September the Skagit is open for salmon only from its mouth upstream to Gilligan Creek (4 or 5 miles upstream of Sedro Woolley); release all chinook.

Coho are just starting to showing up.

Tight lines
Smalma

#159176 - 09/08/02 08:40 AM Re: How's fishing on the Skagit River?
silverback Offline
Fry

Loc: Concrete,Wa.
keying om Skagit kings with large Quick-fish will soon get you an all expence paid vacation to the jail of the states choice!not to mention the ire of those that attempt to be legal

#159177 - 09/08/02 11:43 AM Re: How's fishing on the Skagit River?
fishbreath Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellingham,WA
I fished on Friday for half a day. Boy the river has changed quite a bit above the pipe line. A couple of my favorite holes are no longer. Completely washed out from the high, high water from spring. I did manage to hook three fish and landed one small Coho around four or five pounds that I let go. Not too much pressure over all on the river and did see a couple nice fish guys where cleaning.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bassmaster, jensen2592, PaulS, ROBYNS, SHARPSHOOTER
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (SpoonFed, 20 Gage, DrifterWA), 766 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63816 Topics
645850 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |