Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159455 - 09/10/02 01:55 PM Help on fishing in the Vancouver, Wa area
Lifeisgreat Offline
Parr

Loc: Snohomish
Ok the wife is dragging me to one of her horse shows this weekend in the Vacouver area. Problem is I haven't spent any time down there fishing so I don't know the area.
Can you great fish slayers out there give me a couple of ideas. I'll be there Fri-Sun. The wife suggested I tow the drift boat along.
My 13yo son is looking for old dad to come through with a good experiance.
I have all the equipment to fish for just about anything, I do alot of steelhead and salmon fishing on the SKY\Snoh systems, just lack the knowledge of the Vancouver, Wa area.
HELP please!

#159456 - 09/10/02 04:01 PM Re: Help on fishing in the Vancouver, Wa area
Bounty Hunter Offline
Smolt

Loc: Sadly in Seattle
If I was posed with the same delima (drift boat fishing near Vancouver) I would be thinking Drano Lake or the Lewis right now. The Lewis is 30-45 minutes back from whence you came, and is a nice drift (except for the savage bank fisherman at the meat hole, DO NOT FISH THROUGH THEM if you value your life). Drano lake is more of a plunking/trolling show and it's about 1hr 15 min east on hwy 14 (quicker down the OR side). Do searches on the board for either fishery and you should be set!

Good luck!

#159457 - 09/10/02 04:40 PM Re: Help on fishing in the Vancouver, Wa area
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
Holy cow, there are about 20,000 chinook going over Bonneville every day right now and they have to go right by Vancouver. People fish it with 12' Smokers and I've seen many drift boats. Just look for the boats, there may be one or two out there.

#159458 - 09/11/02 01:32 AM Re: Help on fishing in the Vancouver, Wa area
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
Go to Washougal on Hiway 14. About A mile past the papermill, you'll see a marina on your right. Put in, and motor upstream (I'm assuming you have a motor) about 2 miles. There will be a kazillion boats where the fish are. Anchor in one of the lines. Be happy. You can catch fish, but it's not quite as good, right out in front of the marina on the oregon side. There is a pronounced shelf marked by the red can. Also good fishing down near the mouth of the Sandy, which is across and down a mile or so.

Stay in the channel on the way up. About a mile above the marina, towards the washington side, way out in the middle of the river is a reef that may be close to the surface right now. It's near, and to the north of the green can marking the channel.

You'll need a good anchor and plenty of rope.

#159459 - 09/11/02 07:26 PM Re: Help on fishing in the Vancouver, Wa area
tippet2 Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Battleground, WA
You might want to consider just takin' a fly rod and fishing the Kalama. It is about 30 minutes north of Vancouver. Good for both steelhead and silvers, picked up a 14# coho this morning, lost two.
Most of the river is also open for bait and hardware. Too low to float in anything but a pontoon.
E-mail me if you want more info.

#159460 - 09/12/02 11:36 AM Re: Help on fishing in the Vancouver, Wa area
Lifeisgreat Offline
Parr

Loc: Snohomish
Hey, thanks guys for the ideas. I think I'll end up doing the Lewis and maybe the Kalama. I'm leaving the boat behind on this trip and doing the old hoof thing. Again thanks for the ideas I knew there were a graet bunch of guys on this board!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bassmaster, jensen2592, PaulS, ROBYNS, SHARPSHOOTER
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Salmo g., DrifterWA), 751 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63816 Topics
645850 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |