Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164936 - 11/12/02 01:52 PM I am Boycotting Sunbirds Sporting goods
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
I bought a reel last month (Quantum Iron) from Sunbirds Sporting goods in Chehalis WA. I used the reel twice and the drag went to hell on me. I tried to return the/exchange the reel today in the origonal box with all the origonal paperwork, reciept, warranty card, etc. the guy who dealt with me is named Eddie Phelps, a short little fat guy about 60 years old. He wouldn't exchange the reel. he told me that I was out of luck and that the only thing I could do was send the reel back to Quantum and wait for them to fix it. When I tried to explain that its right in the middle of Salmon season, he told me that it wasn't his problem. I then told him that I'd remember this when it came time to buy sporting goods again. He then started yelling and swearing at me. when I asked to see the store manager, he told me the he was in fact the store manager and that he made all of the decisions...... BTW, I later found out that he was lying to me and that the Store Manager is actually a fellow by the name of Gus Saloom (sp?) and that Eddie just didn't want to go and get Gus. I have contacted Quantum and let them know how their stocking stores are treating the people who buy their products and now I'm letting you know. Sunbird's Sporting goods will not stand behind the products they sell. If you try to call them out on it, they'll just start swearing at you and then ask you where the hell else you're gonna shop in the Chehalis/Centralia Area for Spoting goods...... So much for the customer always being right. Thanks for listening...... Any ideas?

#164937 - 11/12/02 02:52 PM Re: I am Boycotting Sunbirds Sporting goods
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Call the store, ask for the manager and see if you can talk to Gus.

#164938 - 11/12/02 03:18 PM Re: I am Boycotting Sunbirds Sporting goods
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
I asked for Gus repeatedly and Ed would not go get him. Ed says that it's his decision and his alone as to weather or not take a return or offer an exchange. So, for now I am doing the only thing I can do..... I am boycotting Sunbirds and giving them all the negative press I can. Maybe someone should let Sunbirds know that they're on the internet now...... Perhaps I will.

#164939 - 11/12/02 03:27 PM Re: I am Boycotting Sunbirds Sporting goods
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
adding another to the list..
1.auburn sports and marine
2.sunbirds sporting goods
ive never had any good things to say about quantum anyways, i bought a reel for over 117$$ and it went to crap even tho it was "fixed" one time before..ambassador all the way..

#164940 - 11/12/02 04:29 PM Re: I am Boycotting Sunbirds Sporting goods
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
That don't make me feel good. I was gonna try and return a pair of boots there that are loosing the bobs on the sole. Guess I've got a heads up on what to expect. I know the little fella you're talking about and have seen him in action before. I think they call it small mans syndrome. Thanks for the info.

#164941 - 11/12/02 07:06 PM Re: I am Boycotting Sunbirds Sporting goods
fish4steel Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: yelm, wa
I've dealt with Sunbirds down in Yelm and have never had any problems. LZZ, sounds to me like you ran into one individual a-hole. I would continue your efforts to inform the store manager. Who knows, the individual who was giving you a hard time may soon be looking for employment elsewhere; yours may not be a one time confrontation. Good luck.

#164942 - 11/12/02 09:34 PM Re: I am Boycotting Sunbirds Sporting goods
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Okay fellas, we're not going to have an everyday "Boycott this store ..." fest going on here. Carl's problem was a little extreme and that's why I left it alone.

Comments both good and bad have been made, so we'll just leave it at that smile

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bassmaster, jensen2592, PaulS, ROBYNS, SHARPSHOOTER
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Salmo g., DrifterWA), 751 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63816 Topics
645850 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |