THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#247655 - 07/04/04 01:18 AM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Lay off the guys running boats from 3Rivers. When it comes to running a boat on a river, they navigate way better than many of the other boaters I see out there.

It seems like people like to single them out just because they run a successful business selling sleds and like to get out and fish the rivers a bunch. They are not to blame for any of their customer's ignorance on the river. Does a car dealership tell customers how to drive their cars down the highway?
Cmon, give me a break.

#247656 - 07/04/04 05:55 PM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
escapee Offline
Spawner

Loc: Marysville, Wa., USA
every single fishery around here is more crowded than it has ever been, with boats and people on the bank. If 3 rivers wasn't selling all those Alumawelds then it would be someone else selling them. It is rediculous to blame the dealership for the boatmanship of their customers.

#247658 - 07/04/04 11:34 PM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
I think the Sky should be closed to any boat bigger than mine. ;\)

#247659 - 07/05/04 12:23 AM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
combie Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle
The point is, I have been fishing a sled on that river for 25 years and a drift boat before that and bank fishing before that. I never had a problem running my sled, I always looked out for the other guy, but then again, mine is not 24 feet long with a 200 HP outboard and a guy that thinks every hole is his because he is there.
It is 3 rivers problem, they turned the Sky into another Cowlitz. Now most of us will go to the FWD and campaign to eliminate sleds, including me! I can bank fish the Sky and use my sled on the big rivers.
Everyone knows why the Sky is full of huge sleds with owners that have no respect.

#247660 - 07/05/04 12:34 AM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
combie Offline
Juvenille at Sea

AuntyM
You need to see the ones running the boats, many very young owners and all friends of the owner. Trust me, I know as I watched the owner and his friends grow up. He used to follow us around picking up tips on fishing. That is how he got so good.

#247661 - 07/05/04 02:21 AM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
fishsteel66 Offline
Parr

Loc: Redmond
I don't know what you are all whining about. I have been on the river 20 times so far since it opened and have seen very few people. It seems that when the fish don't show in great numbers neither do many of you. Although I havent broken any records so far, I have enjoyed the solitude of my sled and have put more than my share of fish in the box through persistance. Although I wish the run had been much better and I always hope that all those on the river are successful, I'm not sure some of you have anything to compain about.

#247662 - 07/05/04 02:49 AM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Combie:

You got a "bone" to pick with the owners of Three Rivers, you go take it up with them. NO ONE here is interested in your petty squabbles.
Three Rivers not only supports this site, but has helped a large number of folks out with gear, boats, etc. (And no, I never bought a boat there don't have plans to. But I have attended workshops they host (for free too) and learned a lot about fishing methods, etc.).

As to people buying a sled and then running up to the Sky, Skagit, etc. It is their money, and their boat that gets torn up cause they don't know how to use it right. You sure as hell can't blame the seller of the boat for the way the new owner uses it...

Remind me never to sell you a weapon. You could use it illegally and then blame me because I sold it to you.

Good grief.

Mike

#247664 - 07/05/04 01:02 PM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
Lunch Time Offline
Juvenille at Sea

There's one point of consideration that people often over look. We all were beginners at some point, whether your in a sled, driftboat or on the bank. No one is an expert the first time we pick up a new hobbie. Just like driving a car when you had your permit. It takes years to learn how to operate your vehicle (car, sled, db, felt sole boots) and that includes interacting with others. Everything takes time and with time we gain experience.

So...... on a place like the sky, skag, cow....... or any place that permits the use of a sled, db, pontoon boat, or two handed fly rod..... your just going to have to deal with it. Bi@tching about it won't solve the issues, it just aggravates it.

I must brief on a few other points...... Bankies - when you wade up to your tits, my wake will more than likely crest the top of your waders. That is a fact of life. Another, if you don't like the fact that I speed up when passing I am sorry. I am doing it out of consideration for you. Next time just give me a slow down sign and I will. My wake will go from 5" to 18", if you are wading deep, you will be able to drink standing. \:\)

Dbers - I would like to apologize for passing to close at times. But, if the place I am running is skinny, the slot is narrow, and you are parked in the middle, I can only say "oh well." It doesn't hurt to give the sticks a few more cranks to slide over; make more room for the both of us. Oh yeah, one more thing. When I am free drifting a line - repeatedly, and you come around the corner and drop plug/divers in. You do not gain ownership of that drift. I will continue to fish around you. \:D I don't mind the company.

Oh, I've got another. Instead of giving some one the bird. Give them five at once and a big sarcastic smile. It will go a lot further.

But now.......back to the orignal topic. We can take the sleds out of the equation. In my opinion it is to low to run a sled. The price of a damaged boat does not exceed the desire to disrupt and disturb others while chasing chrome. I guess I will garage the barge and pull out the Alumaweld DB I bought at 3rivers and join the debate of DBers vs. Bankies vs Flyboys/girls vs. Pontoon boats vs. Eagle Watcher vs. Liberals vs. Conseratives vs. vs. vs. vs. vs. .......................................................................................................Blah, blah, blah!!!

Just my .01 cents

LT

#247665 - 07/05/04 02:27 PM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
centerpin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: The Terrace
wa wa wa

where is that dead horse graemlin?????

#247666 - 07/05/04 07:56 PM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
Hey Mike,
How about a little more butter on the next batch?
Love,
Rodney
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

#247667 - 07/05/04 11:01 PM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
Full Freezer Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Mill Creek, WA
Good post LunchTime.

Combie, oh nevermind.

#247668 - 07/05/04 11:21 PM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
combie Offline
Juvenille at Sea

OK, That is fine. I will quite bashing 3 Rivers. I watched him grow up and he is a good kid. I'll wait until you all grow up and loose what you have enjoyed for 30 years and then you will be the ones complaining.
And don't think you are safe from a boat ban. Obviously none of you are old enough to remember when it almost happend in the early 80's. With this much traffic, it will come up again.

#247669 - 07/05/04 11:34 PM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
Centerpin, I think Dave Jackson left the area. That was his gem.

Lunchtime, I'll get over for you, just *please* don't slow down! I've experienced both on and off-plane passes and the latter is a rock and roll trip I can do without.

#247670 - 07/06/04 12:53 PM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar

#247671 - 07/06/04 01:24 PM Re: When is the Sky too low for a jet?
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Okay everyone, I think it's tim-out time \:\)

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bassmaster, jensen2592, PaulS, ROBYNS, SHARPSHOOTER
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, 1 invisible), 1045 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63816 Topics
645852 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |