THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#477176 - 01/03/09 11:57 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: wak & stak]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: wak & stak
still colored up

ya perfect water.

#477183 - 01/04/09 12:33 AM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: ]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

I ran up past stump on the right side and it was 1650 ( I called). I have a light boat. I still had to pick rocks out of the grate. 3 maybe 4 inches of water.

Another boat had a rock lodge in the exhaust and lost more than half his power. Carry tools.

If you stay to the right going down, you have to nearly run into the tree to get around the stump. The sand bar behind the stump will grow and it will get tougher.

#477210 - 01/04/09 06:30 AM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: trailrat77]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
Originally Posted By: trailrat77
Originally Posted By: steely slammer
18 and 21 super vees shouldnt even be on the nooch..just my 2cents

Tell that to Rob and Nick as they both launched at WB and one of them was clear up to Carter Creek by 9 am yesterday...

To quote Rob "I've been fishing this river for 22 years and I keep the peace by only running up a couple miles up from White Bridge". That's fine and dandy until some jackwad that hasn't been running his sled there for 22 years see's Rob running his and thinks it's OK to bring his 22fter down from the Sky or over from the Cow and launch at White Bridge and run over a DB.

Nothing will change until someone gets killed. Any martyrs out there?
wanna put a nail in the coffin of that issue for good? add the "fishing from a floating device prohibited" rule, and you'll eliminate 95% of those sleds.

#477316 - 01/04/09 07:22 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: Chum Man]
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
Ran it today in my 21' Raptor. I don't see what the fretting is about. If you can't get a drift boat around it maybe you need to sell that boat and buy some waders. as for sleds. I don't see what the big deal is. yep it is a little skiny but come on. it's not that bad. Just stay as close to the tree as you can and no problems.

Kris

#477331 - 01/04/09 09:03 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: steely slammer]
jandlfishingguide Offline
Repeat Spawner

Ah Gee... Lets not start this again!!!!

#477334 - 01/04/09 09:06 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: trailrat77]
Repeat Spawner

Tell that to Rob and Nick as they both launched at WB and one of them was clear up to Carter Creek by 9 am yesterday...

To quote Rob "I've been fishing this river for 22 years and I keep the peace by only running up a couple miles up from White Bridge". That's fine and dandy until some jackwad that hasn't been running his sled there for 22 years see's Rob running his and thinks it's OK to bring his 22fter down from the Sky or over from the Cow and launch at White Bridge and run over a DB.

What 22' to big for the Nooch, LOL

#477335 - 01/04/09 09:08 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: ]
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Abu-Loomis
There's only fish in the chehalis system and the OP?

Pretty much thats the way it is Jake.

#477336 - 01/04/09 09:09 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: Chum Man]
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Chum Man

wanna put a nail in the coffin of that issue for good? add the "fishing from a floating device prohibited" rule, and you'll eliminate 95% of those sleds.

And how many times has that been up for a vote to the commission? Never Happen!!!

#477343 - 01/04/09 09:18 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: ]
Repeat Spawner

Well good or you

#477351 - 01/04/09 09:22 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: jandlfishingguide]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: jandlfishingguide
Originally Posted By: Abu-Loomis
There's only fish in the chehalis system and the OP?

Pretty much thats the way it is Jake.

For real? Wow...I think some dudes might want to try blazing more than the two trails to the closest boat launches to their houses...

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Strangely enough, none of my boats have ever sucked up rocks into their motors, or had any engine problems at all...ever...unless you count a sore back in the morning as "engine problems"... smile

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#477354 - 01/04/09 09:28 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: Todd]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
I heard the Cowlitz is hot.

#477361 - 01/04/09 09:33 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: Streamer]
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Streamer
I heard the Cowlitz is hot.

With melting snow!

#477423 - 01/04/09 11:38 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: jandlfishingguide]
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

I am an owner of a sled, drift boat and 16' cat. I would like to see some restrictions put inplace as to the use of gas powered boats for fishing. I think it would be a good thing to limit them on rivers like the Nooch for example. Maybe a complete ban or from Black Creek down.

Show me where to sighn a petition to WDFW to ban fishing from power boats from these small rivers.

Kris

#477432 - 01/04/09 11:57 PM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: dcrzfitter]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
The restirctions on fishing from a "floating device" don't specify the type of boat.........just any floating device. The Nooch already has that restriction in place upstream of the 7400 line.

It wouldn't break my heart if it was put in place on the whole river, but I don't think it's too likely.

It would be nice if we could rely on people using common sense........but we know that doesn't work

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#477438 - 01/05/09 12:34 AM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: Dan S.]
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Dan,

Don't think we need to ban fishing from a floating devise. Just the ones with gas powered engines on them.

Something needs to happen!!

Kris

#477439 - 01/05/09 12:44 AM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: dcrzfitter]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Kris,

What I was saying is that I don't know that WDFW does that.........banning fishing from a power boat but not other boats.

Maybe they do, but I can't think of anywhere you can fish from an unpowered boat but not from a powerboat.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#477444 - 01/05/09 12:55 AM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: Dan S.]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
i think it'd make a pretty level playing field. the nooch and satsop for that matter, have miles and miles and miles of good bank to fish off of(but not accessable unless you have a boat). i can't think of a good reason to ban fishing from a floating device with a motor, and have it be OK if you don't, other than some guys not liking the way others fish. maybe have the reg say you must be anchored to fish from a boat?

then again, if it weren't for the advent of the side drifting wall of death tactic with 5 guys in a sled, we probably wouldn't have this mess.

#477446 - 01/05/09 12:59 AM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: Chum Man]
Repeat Spawner

Here inlies the problem, Bank fisherman can't get along with the Boaters: The jetboaters don't like the driftboats, driftboaters don't like jetboats, ect. ect. ect.

funny how we always have this post and topic EVERY winter just about the time the Nooch starts fishing good.

Gets very old fast.

#477447 - 01/05/09 01:00 AM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: dcrzfitter]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: dcrzfitter
I am an owner of a sled, drift boat and 16' cat. I would like to see some restrictions put inplace as to the use of gas powered boats for fishing. I think it would be a good thing to limit them on rivers like the Nooch for example. Maybe a complete ban or from Black Creek down.

Show me where to sighn a petition to WDFW to ban fishing from power boats from these small rivers.

Kris

Why dont we fix the fishing for all these rivers and then look at where sleds can go. I dont know a single sled owner that would rather run through the wood on the nooch rather than up and down the cowlitz or lewis. Lets get the fish BACK and the NETS OUT and the boats will take care of themselves.

Many of you guys have no perspective of what fishing use to be like on these rivers. When the old man came out here in the fifties, they used Dacron leaders and the egg clusters were hard plastic almost the size of the wine bottle cork. The heavy glass rods didnt have the power or the sensitivity of a present day Okuma let alone a graphite loomis or Lami. A G-1000 was like space age material. Bait casters were not switched, they were direct drive and the handle always spun. They had one of two bearing in them. They hadnt even invented mono yet.

And they didnt have any problem taking home three fish in a day. So, while you save up for your next IMX or 6 degree sled, just remember boat builders and rod builders dont impress lawyers in Olympia. 30,000 pissed off fisherman will. No more excuses.

#477452 - 01/05/09 01:13 AM Re: Wynoochee River---Blocked below Black Creek [Re: Dan S.]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
Originally Posted By: Dan S.

Maybe they do, but I can't think of anywhere you can fish from an unpowered boat but not from a powerboat.

Kalama above Modrow (sp?) comes to mind. There must be others...

Plenty of zones down here in OR that are regulated that way.

One spot, on the Siletz, they have a "no jet motor" restriction. (Note: not a hp restriction: this must have been a "loophole" or a "mistake/oversight" by lawmakers) As it turns out, a 90hp prop boat is legal wink

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bassmaster, jensen2592, PaulS, ROBYNS, SHARPSHOOTER
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (20 Gage), 1075 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63816 Topics
645856 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |