Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#68666 - 10/08/02 03:50 PM No eggs, what to use on the green
NewBieFishermen Offline
Parr

Loc: Kent
Hi, I have been fishing the Green a lot lately and had some good days with spinners when it first opened. Now I can't get anything for the live of me. I currently don't have any eggs because I have caught a hen this year yet. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions of things to through at these. I have tried spinners/spoons and floating a jig under a bobber. Any help would be great. Thanks,

#68667 - 10/08/02 04:17 PM Re: No eggs, what to use on the green
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Have you tried corky and yarn yet? This works well farther up stream, especially by Hwy 18 when it is open.

I did pretty well last year drifting red and white Daredevil spoons (single hook) up by Hwy 18. That is right, I said DRIFT not cast and retrieve. Drifting spoons can be really effective when you know there are fish holding in a particular area. The flutter action most spoons have drives the fish nuts. eek

#68668 - 10/08/02 08:20 PM Re: No eggs, what to use on the green
NewBieFishermen Offline
Parr

I tried drifting dick nites the other day but didn't have any success. I would like to try this jig and bobber thing more but i'm not sure i'm using the correct type of jig. Does anyone have a picture of a good jig they could send me or post. Thanks,

#68669 - 10/08/02 10:35 PM Re: No eggs, what to use on the green
Matt S. Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Northwest
I still like using vibrax spinners. In either sizes 3-4, and chartruse, green, and red all working for me. Just been trying to keep the blade barely moving. But get this. I'm a 10th grader at Kentlake high, today there was a bomb threat and they sent us all home. So what do I do? Head straight for the river. I caught my limit for the first time too. Two nice chrome bucks both on spinners. Even though that kid who called the threat in is an idiot, I still gotta love an afternoon of fishing.

#68670 - 10/08/02 10:37 PM Re: No eggs, what to use on the green
Matt S. Offline
Returning Adult

Oh ya, NewBieFisherman, if you're looking for good jigs. I highly reccomend silent approach jigs. Roger and Lynn do an amazing job on those jigs, they are excellent. Go to www.silentapproach.com and order some.

#68671 - 10/08/02 11:00 PM Re: No eggs, what to use on the green
S W J Offline
Parr

Loc: Bellingham, WA
If you need some good eggs, email me-
red_eggs@yahoo.com

I'll hook you up

#68672 - 10/09/02 02:12 AM Re: No eggs, what to use on the green
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Flies,what's wrong with flies. All of us fly fishers use them.

#68673 - 10/09/02 11:27 AM Re: No eggs, what to use on the green
NewBieFishermen Offline
Parr

Sturza, what river are you fishing? I live on the Green kind of by the Kent Golf course. I have fished that stretch of the river a lot since it opened but haven't landed anything. All the fish I have caught have been in Tukwila. Not trying to find your zipper just a little kick in the right direction.

Old Man, I do flyfish for trout but I am pretty new to this salmon thing and would not even know what pattern to start with.

#68674 - 10/09/02 01:54 PM Re: No eggs, what to use on the green
NewBieFishermen Offline
Parr

S W J, I sent you an e-mail so we can hook up. I need some eggs. I am getting very frustrated not being able to catch a fish. It's not like I don't put my time in. I have probably spent atleast 25+ hours fishing since my last fish. If anyone ever wants to go bank it sometime let me know. I'm 21 and just like to fish and have fun.

#68675 - 10/09/02 02:35 PM Re: No eggs, what to use on the green
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington
NewBie,
I buy from from Amerman when I'm in a pinch. Heres the link:

http://www.ifish.net/amer.html

#68676 - 10/09/02 07:57 PM Re: No eggs, what to use on the green
Matt S. Offline
Returning Adult

Oh sorry NewBieFisherman, I was fishing on the Green below the 277 bridge. Everyone uses eggs and I usually do, but I love hooking a fish on a spinner.

#68677 - 10/10/02 02:04 AM Re: No eggs, what to use on the green
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

We went up to the 272nd bridge and saw nothing. We hit the newspaperhole by Kmart and saw one jump. Next stop was 188th and saw nothing. Then we checked out the 43rd st bridge and saw a few jumping and then ended up at the boeing hole and it seems as though most of the fish are STILL hanging out there. Girlfriend got a 6lber on a beadspin. Tried everything else but with no luck. As EasyL stated about drifting shiny things, it really works well for fish that are just starting to turn color. Our choice was a 1/4oz-1/8oz white sonic roosertail. Real slow presentation. For some reason they just stomped on it all day, every day. I was getting 8 fish some days(all released). Even our 5yearold landed 4 fish one day in the 6-8lb range last year. But they haven't worked yet for the fresh fish. Don't know why though...

#68678 - 10/22/02 11:57 PM Re: No eggs, what to use on the green
egg goober Offline
Juvenille at Sea

use a dupont spinner. you know DYNAMITE! laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 776 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |