LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#98989 - 11/06/00 09:05 PM Help/Info on the Queets anyone?
seabuy Offline
Alevin

Loc: Seattle, WA, 98116
As it's about the furthest out one could go, I figure the Queets might be a good bet to find some open space. Anyone have good info on launches/takeouts, skill required to do it, run timing, or good spots to fish if I go on foot?

#98990 - 11/06/00 09:13 PM Re: Help/Info on the Queets anyone?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Youd be suprised that the Queets gets more preasure than you think. I havent drifted it but hear it's pretty easy.

#98991 - 11/07/00 07:34 PM Re: Help/Info on the Queets anyone?
EricW Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Aberdeen,WA
The queets is no secret. Sadly, half the state shares your thoughts and has made the river just as crowded as any other river in the state.

Last winter was a joke as far as "solitude".

#98992 - 11/08/00 12:59 AM Re: Help/Info on the Queets anyone?
carpenterchickslovetonail Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Ocean Shores, Wa, USA
Open space on the Queets?
HA!
Maybe if the "fishermen" in their Lincoln Navigators would spend the day at Nordstroms with their wives we COULD get some open space. )

#98993 - 11/08/00 11:07 AM Re: Help/Info on the Queets anyone?
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Yah, It's no secret.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#98994 - 11/08/00 03:47 PM Re: Help/Info on the Queets anyone?
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wherever I can swing for wild ...
Nice example of what happens when you choose to post all that great information and reports on the internet.

#98995 - 11/08/00 05:12 PM Re: Help/Info on the Queets anyone?
hooknose Offline
Parr

Loc: Lynnwood, WA, Snohomish
Rich,
I don't know how long you have fished the Queets, but it has been very popular long before people started posting information on the web about it.
With increased runs, more people, and a decent economy, there are more and more people on all of our rivers.

#98996 - 11/08/00 06:53 PM Re: Help/Info on the Queets anyone?
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wherever I can swing for wild ...
Hooknose, I grew up fishing the peninsula streams, so I have spent a few years there along with other fishers. I agree in part of what you say, however I choose to disagree, I still believe a big culprit in the recent crowding is internet boasting & info, many recent magazine articles and the increase in the # guides (many from out of area) that are working the peninsula streams introducing more fisherman to the area. I also believe that since the rest of the state's rivers are closed to the taking of wild steelhead in the Spring that more C&K fisherman are fishing the Queets as well as others.

#98997 - 11/08/00 10:32 PM Re: Help/Info on the Queets anyone?
mr. metalhead Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: tacoma, wa U.S.
Seabuy, here is your info on the Queets. LUCK LUCK AND MORE LUCK. In my eyes you could be a top notch fisherman and be skunked. visibility "inches", size "huge", one question I asked myself when fishing last year "WHERE COULD THEY BE"! ANYWHERE! I floated it during prime time last year and did not see but two boats on the drift we did. The only advice I can give you is keep casting maybe you'll get lucky and put something within 6inches of the fishes face so it can see it. Bank access isn't easy do some hiking but I definitly would not feel to safe carrying any fish out with me. My partner (GOGGLES), got lucky enough to land one last year and the only NATIVE he decided to punch, well to get to the point he was being STALKED on the way back to the truck by a Kitty cat, you know which kind i'm talking about. RELESEM!!!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bassmaster, jensen2592, PaulS, ROBYNS, SHARPSHOOTER
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Lifter99, steely slammer), 1123 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63816 Topics
645856 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |