To each their own. If you would like to see what overpopulation of seals look like take a look at Tillamook Bay. How many seals will you see in this protected environment. 2,000 - 3000 maybe, I don't have the latest numbers but they are a lot. Killer whales seldom run the gauntlet and stir this group. Watch them as they catch a fish and bit the belly out letting the rest fall to the bottom for crab feed. Great for the crabs, right!!. Where did all of the flounder go? I have a good idea. It appears to be all right only because there is nothing that we can leagally about it. It dosen't make it right. Granted what man has done to the whole picture has caused quite a mess. Yet sitting back and doing nothing to correct a problem seems to be the way of most people. I personally do not plan on developing a taste for seals in the near future, but at the same time don't want to see mass destruction of seals. Some of them are pretty cute. People just need to take care of the problem quietly without making new issues for someone to complain about.

Seals above tide water in the rivers is another issue, these guys need to go away for good.