Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
oh, Trout season opens Saturday?
Scratch my trip this weekend, I'm gonna go stand on the shores of Martha lake in Lynnwood instead..... \:\)

Hey, I got a 6 plus pounder there when I was a kid. I use to love that lake. ;\) no, really, I did.

I do think it is funny though how most people think fishing starts on "opening day". It never ends or starts. Just a never ending cycle of where to go next. I have converted many a friend into fishing buddies, who now take their own families fishing by taken them for trout shortly after "opening day" or humpy fishing.

Pretty funny though Todd, and very accurate description of Pine Lake.

We will be at baseball games all day Saturday. Maybe hit a local lake with all my kids friends and get them some fish in the evening. Usually every year I seem to be the designated one who takes all the kids we know fishing. Then I somehow get roped into cleaning and telling their parents how to cook them. Oh well, not that bad, can be pretty fun. I guess it is part of the deal when most of your conversation start and end with discussing fishing and snowboarding. I will be the dad on Deer lake here on the island with the chartruse Power Bait brigade following me around. I will be trying to keep more little white marshmellows on lines rather than going into the kids mouths. I will surely have to tell them several times why power bait goes on the hook rather than gets made into all kinds of giggle causing shapes. The loud commotion cannot be missed. Oh, I will have Stams future girlfriend's kid with me too, probably her as well. Maybe I'll get a new camera (since I lost mine) and get some pics of all the action. Could be comedy hour. But, they are as Todd said the future fisherman. It can be cool most of the time. Wouldn't mind a springer though.

Edited by Addicted (04/26/07 03:33 AM)