I don't know that I would want to buy a foreign made tractor. I like to support American workers. I guess I did own a Nissan 210 HB for a short while but all my other vehicles have been made in the USA. Sounds like Kubota is made in Japan like Toyota. However it sounds like the Kubota is good quality. Last time I went to my dad's home town we saw the John Deer and International Harvester Headquaters. All the relatives used to work for them but now they are working elsewhere including Wall Mart.

Anyway my dad got an older John Deer a few years ago. I got to try it out last month doing a little logging on his property. I just used the bucket to chain and pull some old alder across the pasture to cut up for firewood.

I love that piece of property as it has a little creek that used to hold steelhead. Dad still talks about the two steelhead he spotted in the creek back in the 70's when I was with him. I don't recall it. I used to fish it for cutthroat with a bobber and worm. A few years ago he has a big 200 lb black bear out there that he showed me behind the barn eating a buried cow carcuss. She ran fast once she sensed us there and ran under the wire fence.