An observation...

On a particularly good hole on the Kispiox this past fall, Cobble Cruiser and I had, in a few passes early on, then a few more in the afternoon, hooked something in the neighborhood of 18 fish out of a stretch of river not 100 feet long.

As you would expect, it started out a house afire, and then we would go thru short stretches of time with no hookups, followed by a few right in a row, followed by increasingly longer stretches of time with no hookups, and less and less 'clumped up' bites...

At the very end of the evening, a couple of our campmates throwing spey rods and beads under thingamabobbers joined us in that spot, and we suggested since the spot was clearly full of fish, that they hit it for a bit, and we sat back on a log to watch the show.

John hooked up on a bead in about three minutes...Nate missed a couple of quick strikes...and a few minutes after landing John's fish, Nate and John were into a double.

They hooked three fish in a very small spot in the space of ten minutes...a spot that we had already taken a pile of fish out of with spoons, drift gear, worms, a float and jig, and I think Tony may have hit one in there that day on a spinner, too...

To make it even more interesting, we never got a fish out of that particular spot that day that was bigger than twelve pounds...the first one John hooked was about 15...

That fish had been there all day, had seen spoons, spinners, worms, drift gear, float and jigs...and hadn't given us any play time.

Five casts with a bead, and the biggest fish in the hole was on the line.

If anyone doubts the effectiveness of this technique, I wish they could have been there to see that display!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle