The fishing is much the same but can be a lot colder in the mornings. Two years ago it was in the mid twenty's when we got up. But the good part is soon as the sun hits the water it warms up fast. The biggest difference I would say is the algea that grows is a lot thicker. The bloom that sets in around memorial weekend is gone and the water clears back to normal. Fish just seem a little bigger or a lot smaller as they have planters that are about 4-5 inches that time of this time of the year. The lake is located about 15 miles southwest of coulee city above the sun lakes and ephrata. We troll 4 inch dogers and any that flashes or spins or wiggles after a little fishin you can usually dial into the colors they want and that will change as the day goes along. Last october I took home 9 fish and they weighed 20 lbs cleaned so they can be a little bigger. I try and target the bigger fish by using bigger bait and staying away from where the smaller trout hang out. get a map if you head over their and look at the big end of the lake you will see an area where the lake comes up from about 50 feet of water and then drops off to the deepest part about 90 feet and troll that ridge a depth sounder really helps with that. The trout will be hanging out on both sides . You can find fish just about anywhere. Another thing that works for me is if the water is really cold fish the shallows this usually works good in the april opener. Lake should be pretty warm after the summer over their. I have noticed the lake to have a little later bite some days if it is really cold in the mornings. As far as what to use fly fishing the black leach was what the old timers used to swear by. I would see them rowing with their fly line out kind of trolling the fly along doing good.