Depends how much you want to spend:

Much of my fishing was from the bank....early age, teens, and into my mid 20's....it was what I could afford, caught fish, and enjoyed the time fishing from banks.

1. 1st boat was actual a "2 man rubber raft"....Lived in the Redmond area but love to fish in Eastern WA....would drive to the "George", blow the raft up and fish the lakes in that area.....Dusty, Burke, Evergreen and others.......that raft opened my eyes to being able to get away from the bank.

2. 1974...bought a 14' Starcraft, new 15 hp Johnson, and a trailer....lived where I still do....that combination allowed me to fish the Chehalis, the tidal areas of the Humptulips, lower Satsop, lower Wynoochee, John's River, North River, and others......loved to fish searun cutthroat and this allow that plus could troll for salmon in the Chehalis.

3. 1984...Used Clackacraft driftboat, thanks Fred Pentt, and this allow me to fish the Hoh, Queets, upper Quinault plus all the other rivers in Region 6......but it was a "pain in the [Bleeeeep!]"....needed 2 rigs, or bike, to use for "turn around"

4. 1989....got a small 14' valco and put a new 50 HP Yamaha on it. New world....could put in, run where I wanted....if weather turned bad, out I went.....still had the driftboat and kept it until 2000, only used it 4 or 5 times in that 11 years....so sold it.....miss it not.

5. Now have a 17', 72" bottom, custom made jet boat. Does all I need it to do....lot's of room....fish salmon and steelhead from it.

No easy answer......been thur all the chats....bankies vs. driftboats vs. jetboats.....the peace and quiet vs. jetboat noise, all in all....at my age, 71, bank fishing and the jet boat are my ways to enjoy my hobby.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"