Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
Crocs are the only way to fly when getting out of your boots in or around camp is needed. They weight -.00001 lbs. smile
Moving forward I suggest a different stalking style next time.

Stand and run directly at the sheep.

Your pack will be lighter on the way out.

Jealous.

Crocs are awesome. Just the ticket when you need a camp shoe to let your boots and feet dry out but don't want to carry weight. Handy for crossing rivers/creeks as well when you want to keep your boots dry. They are also my alternate footwear of choice on longer float trips where I want to get out of my waders in the evenings and let things air out.

I suggest a color scheme other than camo. They are kinda hard to find when packing up in the morning after having lost them during a night of hearty drinking around the camp fire.

Re: stalking, you may jest but a tried and true strategy for getting close to Dalls is to don a white suit (tyvek is a popular favorite due to weight and packability) and walk right at them. Apparently they tend to stare like a deer in headlights, wondering what the hell it is they are seeing I suppose, and often let you get close enough for a shot you otherwise might not have had. We didn't test this theory, obviously, but I have heard it can work. Don't forget to doff your suit when you are done with the stalk. Wouldn't want another hunter to think the nuclear holocaust has arrived early.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."