Page 204 of 204 < 1 2 ... 202 203 204
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1063875 - 06/18/24 01:57 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET *** [Re: eyeFISH]
DrifterWA Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
6/18/2024

I tuned to another "dog and pony show", thinking I might get to ask a question or two, nope the general public was "shut out", just got to listen to more WDFW current philosophy on why a dozen NT gill netters needed more time to net, if the QIN netting schedule was 4 days a week, SO THEY COULD GET A BIGGER SHARE OF THE FISH.

Nothing said about the increase in sport fishers numbers up river, needing a fair share of fish, so that those that pay the vast amount of $$$$$ get a chance to catch a fish.... back to the "old days", forget about "buy back", also WDFW seems to forget about 90% of the fish caught in Willapa are gill net caught.

Its past time to have the only gillnet fishing in the Chehalis/Humptulips, Tribal. We don't need to have the Chehalis tribe, the QIN, and a handful of NT gill netting, a diminishing resource.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#1063876 - 06/18/24 03:44 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Mr.Twister Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
It should be crystal clear to all that sportfishing is never a concern for our managers. They are so busy kissing commercial asses that they can't see us down by the other bottom feeders. I am so close to never buying a license here again and just start fishing for Washington fish in Alaska like I used to. Pathetic

#1063877 - 06/18/24 04:54 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

I just don't get why if they open it for any netting, also open it for recs? All of the harbor!
Not these stupid exclusive zones? If it's nettable, it's hook & linable and C&R able. Open up the south channel all fall to give us a chance? We can't make that much of impact to prevent such. Or am I wrong?

#1063878 - 06/18/24 08:22 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: DrifterWA]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: DrifterWA
6/18/2024

Its past time to have the only gillnet fishing in the Chehalis/Humptulips, Tribal. We don't need to have the Chehalis tribe, the QIN, and a handful of NT gill netting, a diminishing resource.

QIN only! get the NT's out for good

#1063879 - 06/18/24 09:21 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: fish4brains]
Tug 3 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tumwater
If you notice, there's going to be a new governor next year. We need to get off our asses and make sure we get the right one elected. It takes money and campaigning. Do you think another Democrat will change anything?

#1063880 - 06/19/24 07:05 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Semi Bird doen't stand a chance in this state. Dave Reichert would have had a chance if the GOP would have endorsed him. Splitting the GOP vote just hands it over to the Democrats again. The GOP needs to pull their head out of their ass, put there party platform aside, and endorse an electable moderate candidate. They have one in Reichert.

#1063881 - 06/19/24 08:01 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: RUNnGUN]
Tug 3 Offline
Returning Adult

RNG,

I absolutely agree with your assessment of the GOP. My hope is for Reichert because he is electable in King County from past history (Sheriff, Congress). I got to meet him two weeks ago and passed on a paper outlining some fishery issues, plus commenting on how the Commission has morphed into an anti organization to sportsmen (and women). He listened. Bird is a yahoo. Reichert CAN be elected. He just needs to get thru the primary. Salmon anglers in our state continue to fail to grasp what could be. If all of us would donate twenty bucks to a pro fishing organization, we could have control of our fishing fate. But we don't. Lobbyists make a difference, and donations mean a lot. We could do all of that. It takes money.

#1063882 - 06/19/24 09:30 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Reichert was potentially electable until he was taped saying he can't say he's voting for Trump because that would be the kiss of death to his campaign in western WA. Well, the tape has been leaked, so I expect his W WA campaign is all but dead. Further, I heard him on an interview week before last. He is Mr. Bland with no action plan. Oh, he's all about public safety, taxes, and a few other hot political topices, but he had not one single action item he could share with the public. Perfect politician, not gonna' say something that might offend a voter. OTOH, Mark Mullet, a D, was interviewed the day before Reichert, and appears to be the definition of a moderate. Not that I agree with everything he said, but it looks like he opposes the extremism elements of both the Ds and Rs. I'd like to see him on the ballot in Nov. Problem is that he has 1/5 the $$ that Furgie has, so it will be an uphill battle. Imagine bringing a moderate view to WDFW, acknowledging that the 20th century is over, and most commercial fisheries have gone the way of the doo doo bird.

#1063883 - 06/19/24 09:50 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Tug 3 Offline
Returning Adult

Salmo,

I disagree with you, but that's okay. We'll see how it all turns out. I agree with you that Mullet is a moderate but the Dems have been the party that's ruined much of what is valuable to me: Public safety, rampant drug use, high taxes, fishing, etc. I'll keep in touch with the Reichert campaign.

#1063884 - 06/19/24 05:31 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Tug 3]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
I have a question; does anyone know why the Regional Fish Program Director Mr. Lossee is not running the GH Policy review? We had two Region 6 Bios make a rather disjointed presentation to the commission then it was mostly the cabal in the concrete palace in Olympia. My impression is that I doubt the Commission will get the information from staff to even start to understand Grays Harbor. Couple that with Mr. Addicks apparent belief that the WDFW expert staff should have full say and public be damned which appears to be the general view under Director Kelly Susewind. Add in net the crap out of everything Fish Program Director Kelly Cunningham I don’t see anything good coming from this process. Certainly not like 10 years ago with Steve Thiesfeld running Region 6 Fish program. Damn I miss that guy he was a straight shooter ….. one of the good guys.

#1063885 - 06/20/24 06:23 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

I'm not sure there's anyone in a position to help our cause that is at all interested in doing so, least of all any governor, past, present, or future. Sport fishing generates a lot of revenue, but those who participate comprise less than 10% of the state population. That's not enough voters to matter to any elected officials.

The F&W Commission and WDFW Director are the only ones who COULD help, but they are only getting increasingly beholden to commercial interests. Not much hope for getting a fair share for in-river recs in sight from where I'm sitting.

#1063886 - 06/22/24 11:07 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

I am not sure beholden is the correct word but uninformed might be better. I have not been around the Commission much the last 10 years but this I know, the Fish Committee does not appear to have the knowledge fish of issues that existed with Larry Carpenter and other Commissioners. The reform principles in WDFW from the 90s have run out of gas and these guys are a blast from the past.

#1063894 - 06/23/24 12:01 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Rivrguy]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

I thought we could use a little humor!

SIX RULES TO REMEMBER IN LIFE:
1. Money can't buy happiness - but it's far more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.

2. Forgive your enemy - but remember the SOB’s name.

3. If you help someone when they're in trouble - they will remember you when they're in trouble again.

4. Alcohol does not solve any problems - but then, neither does milk.

5. Many people are alive today only because it's illegal to shoot them.

6. No matter how rich you are, no matter how generous you are, no matter how good you look, the number of people who attend your funeral will depend on the weather at the cemetery, if there's an open bar at the wake, or if there’s a free meal after the funeral.

BONUS RULES:
1. Condoms do not guarantee safe sex! A friend of mine was wearing one when he was shot by the woman's husband.

2. I think all politicians should wear uniforms. You know, like NASCAR drivers, so we can identify all their corporate sponsors.

3. Also, all politicians should serve only two terms -- one in office and one in prison.

This is a public service announcement.

#1063895 - 06/23/24 12:46 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Rivrguy]
Tug 3 Offline
Returning Adult

Amen! You might add another:

They only read the plan at your court martial.

#1063898 - 06/24/24 09:37 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Read the Plan? I seem to remember that all they were for was to have. You could point to it and say we have one. Never need to use it, though.

Page 204 of 204 < 1 2 ... 202 203 204

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bigkat, bobber, CWAL, ISO STEELHEAD, SilverKing
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 609 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13397
eyeFISH 12607
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63790 Topics
645513 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |