Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#123927 - 10/23/01 01:07 PM Misleading info [lying]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I disagree with the current posts that purposely lie about streams to fish or when a question is asked, like how is the Queets?Just don't answer if you've been doing OK but want to keep it to your self and your buds [No pun intended BK]

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#123928 - 10/23/01 01:12 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Amen Jerry

False posts are pure BS

#123929 - 10/23/01 01:22 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Mukilteo or Westport
Stuff that is clearly toungue-in-cheek is OK, but to post believable lies would totally defeat the whole purpose of this discussion board.

#123930 - 10/23/01 02:33 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
No offense, but I'd say that most of the info on this board is BS. If we had to follow your rules, there'd be nothing left on this board!

Get out there and fish! Learn the rivers, learn the techniques, and you'll know soon enough what is BS and what isn't.

Parker

#123931 - 10/23/01 03:00 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
DriftWood Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
You said it Parker, people need to get out from behind the computer and actually go fishing. It took me 20 yrs of legwork to figure out the rivers I fish, you people need to get out there and earn the fish, not have it handed to you on a silver platter. mad mad

#123932 - 10/23/01 03:16 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
You mean to tell me that those stories of conquest by "Team Vision" were BS? They would definitely equate to alot of the posts on this board. WOW, now I've really lost my faith in my fellow angler. rolleyes smile

#123933 - 10/23/01 03:18 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
Jerry Garcia Offline

PARKER, Can't see any thing in my post about rules, just how I feel about lying. There are some places I fish that I don't talk about, I don't lie I just say I can't tell you.

Lonnie Gane

#123934 - 10/23/01 03:42 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
fish4steel Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: yelm, wa
When some folks ask about a river, they are not necessarily asking which hole is full of fish! Many of us are asking simple information about the condition of the river. Yes, we can see the water level from the hydrograph, but that does not indicate if the water is clearing or if it still looks like a chocolate milk shake. Do you really think it is asking too much from a fellow fisherman to let someone else know if the river is blown out??? rolleyes

#123935 - 10/23/01 03:45 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Hey look, a pink elephant! *fish* *fish* *fish*

#123936 - 10/23/01 05:28 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont think you see to much bull **** info on here. As most of you when the fishing is ood I dont tell where Im fishin.

But I will give you some truthful info now. Im getting worried about the Quileute system salmon right now. I havent seen any substantial push of fish yet and the nets are hitting it real hard and not getting as many fish as normal even with the projected record runs and more effort.

They day I caught that 23# we floated the Duc from 101 down to Linedecker and only hook three silvers landing two. We only saw about 10 fish role in the whole float and didnt see any moving fish at all. The Duc looked empty and it should be plugged with silvers right now. If they dont show after this blow out i will be getting very worried.

As of a few days ago the Sol Duc hatchery hadnt seen but just a few Fall silvers. They dont seem to be worried yet but if they dont see a big numbers of fish in there soon they should be.

This blow out came about a week later than normal so maybe the fish will be about a week late. Keep your fingers crossed.

#123937 - 10/23/01 05:39 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Mukilteo or Westport
Parker & Driftwod, I fish 5 - 8 times a month - how about you? I frequently don't post my results cuz I don't need extra company. But I don't post that fishing is great where I know it's not. But I guess since all your postings are BS, you didn't mean what you said, eh?

#123938 - 10/23/01 05:49 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
blackdog Offline
Fry

Loc: Central Oregon
Parker and Driftwood, you guys are my idols!! No wait, I was wrong, you're fools! It is my impression that this board is here to help fellow anglers out and to discuss fishing topics. If others don't have the time to get out as much as you, and would like some pointers to help cut down the learning curve, I'm all for helping them out. If you want to keep all your knowledge to yourself and just come here to brag and pat yourself on the back, save us the effort of reading your cr*p. You are not that cool.

#123939 - 10/23/01 07:56 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I guess the smiley face wasn't a big enough clue for some of you.

Oh well. Maybe next post! wink

Parker

#123940 - 10/23/01 09:01 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
QwikSticks Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Brier, WA
Jerry, BK was not lying I was on the Queets this weekend and it was slow. Hence the better option would be to head North.

#123941 - 10/23/01 09:45 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
Nebb Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Forks
Hey Rich G,

Just to ease your pain a little..LOL I went to the lower Duc yesterday on the bank before it got to nasty (I'm not saying what hole of course). I caught and released a small King about 20lbs. Lost a hog about 40lbs. released a hook nose about 18lbs. Lost a smaller silver, and kept one hatchery hen silver about 12lbs.. There were alot of fish pushing thru the hole. They went off the bite as soon as the winds started and all the leaves hit the river.. I looked at the Duc today around 2pm, it is at 15 boards and on it's way down. This morning it was at 14 boards with lots of debris in the water.It was a chocalate color both times. You should be there in the morning if you don't have to work. smile

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: Nebb ]

#123942 - 10/23/01 10:16 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats good to hear.

Its started raining agian and getting hard down here on the Beach so if it holds up like it sounds the rivers are gonna go back on the rise instead of down. Up is good the longer its blown more fish will get past the gontlet...

#123943 - 10/23/01 10:17 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
Paranoid Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Snohomish
I call tell by the increasing attitudes that Steelhead season is not far away!

#123944 - 10/23/01 10:20 PM Re: Misleading info [lying]
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
Before anyone goes slamming Parker and the rest for thei opinions think about what they're saying. I agree with their opinions also. They made good points. I'm far from old, but have put alot of hours on the rivers in WA. Most of us had to do alot of leg work to learn the rivers. Then we had to do alot of trial and error with techniques and/or prove our worth to old timers to give us some "priviledged" info. Alot of us have given some techs and run times that we worked hard to get. I've personaly have helped a few with the leearning curve, al the way down to giving them lures I've built for certain rivers and when to use them. Will I do that for everyone? No. I fealt they earned it. I have no qualms about giving info on water conditions, but I will rarely ever give a report if the fishing is hot. I am a creature of habit. I fish a handful of rivers religiously and that's it. I don't run to the "hot" river to catch fish. I have worked fevershly on some of my favorite rivers to catch only a couple or no fish while a river I don't fish is chock full of fish. Why don't I jump on the bandwagon like everyone else? Well first off I wouldn't know the river or barely know it so I'd be clogging up a river that's probably already full. Then Ii'd be fighting other boaters/bankers for the honey hole. It's usually combat fishing and I hate that. I know when the run timings are for the rivers I fish so hit them when I knnow I have the chance to hook into a fish.

It's way too easy to get a moniker on here and get alot of info that is normally hard to get. One good report can ruin a river since it's a domino effect with info. Say a 1000 guys see a positive report on here. They each tell 3 of their buddiies. Then their buddies tell 3 of their buddies of this report. Youu only get a fraction of the total of people who know about the hotspot shoow up (not including the locals) and you haave a packed river. I totaly disgree with people giving false reports to get fisherman away from their "hot" river. I've seen it done. Just alot of you need to think before you speak. So what if someone goes out 8 times a month? Is tha supposed to be alot? My fishing time has went down alot since I've haad full custody of my kids (and since I was married period way back when). I had to downscale my fishing and I go at least 10 days a month. I used to put inn over 20 days a month when I was single. I'd fish before work, after work, and on weekends depending on what time of year it was and the runs coming. I even bring a rod with me to work most of the time and hit te honey holes on my route on my lunch break. Plus it's not how many days you put in, it's what you do with that time that matters.

Oh well, I won't beat the horse anymore. I'm sure those who are doing the bashing won't listen to what has been saiid anyways.

Northwest River Fisherman

#123945 - 10/24/01 08:57 AM Re: Misleading info [lying]
Jerry Garcia Offline

If I remember correctly ,Parker asked for and got lots of help for the Elliot bay king fishery. I have no rules for your conduct just don't believe in misleading people to protect your private[?] rivers.

Lonnie Gane

#123946 - 10/24/01 11:49 AM Re: Misleading info [lying]
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
You can tell 90% of the fisherman, where to go, when to go and how to do it and they will still get skunked. On top of that, most people have jobs and families and cannot get to the spot anyway. There is no substitue for actually putting in time on the river. Look at all the books written on techs and locations. Still 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish. If you want to be in the 10%, you gotta get out there and work it. It takes years to learn to fish a stream successfully.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
loudscoutii, Mr. Twister
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 656 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63814 Topics
645827 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |