Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#174448 - 05/07/06 11:35 PM Re: GOP Heroes
fishpolelease Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: port ludlow
The government is alrady taking money out of your pocket, unless of course you are skipping out on your IRS. I promise not to turn you in if that's the case. With the money that is being wasted in America's current health care system, we could have the single payer health care system with some money left over and you would not have to pay one mextra penny, if you're paying anything at all. The government is wasting the money it takes from you currently and puts it's in their pockets without providing you with anything. That system could be changed over to single payer health care with no additional burden on your 1040 every year, and you wouldn't have to let Dad die or hawk his house. Does any of this make any flippin sense to you at all or are you just completely F******* oblivious. Or, do you think it is some sort of population control/survival of the fittest superior race kind of thing??

#174451 - 05/08/06 12:24 AM Re: GOP Heroes
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

I guess things were unbarable before wellfare.....

#174452 - 05/08/06 12:26 AM Re: GOP Heroes
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Which came first; the wellfare system or the airplane ?

#174455 - 05/08/06 12:41 AM Re: GOP Heroes
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Party on Salmosalar.........
beer
hello

#174457 - 05/08/06 01:28 AM Re: GOP Heroes
fishpolelease Offline
Returning Adult

Jim Rice, I remember as a kid watching him snap a bat while deciding not to swing half way through a ball. It was amazing to see the mere power of his wrists break a bat in pieces to save himself from getting called on a strike. It's no wonder he was so feared in the AL, he's a fine addition to the HOF. well deserved.

#174459 - 05/08/06 01:40 AM Re: GOP Heroes
fishpolelease Offline
Returning Adult

Yeah, baseball was a little more innocent and honest then (well except for ole Pete Rose I guess).

#174461 - 05/08/06 03:45 PM Re: GOP Heroes
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by Oregonian:
I don't know how medical expenses can get so unreasonably high...
Because if it's not a single-payer universal health care system it's a for-profit system. Which part of "for-profit" do you need help with understanding?

Here's another beaute:
Quote:
Originally posted by Oregonian:
I am still waiting for a sound reason for the government to forcfully take money out of my pocket ...
'cause Freedom Isn't Free! wink

#174462 - 05/08/06 09:44 PM Re: GOP Heroes
Bobber Dude Offline
Parr

Loc: Ohio
Gays are not drawing attention. Attention is being drawn to them by the GOP playing the homophobes as a political move.

It's the same with your baby killing thing. it's not an issue until someone labels the other.
It's the GOP get out the vote plan using fear.

"All" people have rights and it's too bad if you do not like it. It's our constitution. If you don't like it leave. Go live in Iran where many human rights are denied.

Do you care that the present dominant party raised the allowable defict to give to the big GOP crooks and hand us the bill? They took all we had saved and it wasn't enough so the raised the dept limit TWICE in 5 years. Tell me it's not about oil and money and I'll tell you you're blind and ignorant.

#174463 - 05/08/06 10:11 PM Re: GOP Heroes
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Gays have all the rights that they ever did, which is the same rights as everyone else...including the right to marry someone of the opposite sex.

I guess you live in a cave with no T.V. if you haven't noticed the proliferation of GAY entertainment in the last 10-15 years. What has "Ellen" ever done other than be LOUDLY GAY ?

#174464 - 05/08/06 10:25 PM Re: GOP Heroes
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
But have gays had the right to marry someone they love? Which can be defined as "the pursuit of happiness" which just happens to be mentioned in the US Constitution.

And if television programming dealing with the gay issue affects your marriage that much, you can either turn off the television or re-examine what the relationship with your spouse is based upon.

#174465 - 05/08/06 11:09 PM Re: GOP Heroes
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

What little T.V. I do watch doesn't address the gay issue at all, rather it attempts to portray gayness as normal, which by definition it is not.

IF same sex marriage, then why not marry an animal or fish ? I hear some folks really do love their pets afterall........

#174466 - 05/08/06 11:14 PM Re: GOP Heroes
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
which is the same rights as everyone else
Is that right?

Blacks can't be fired from a job because of their race. Gays have no such protection.

You can't refuse to rent an apartment to someone because they're a Christian. Gays have no such protection.

If you were to become unable to make medical decisions for yourself, your spouse would be able to make decisions for you. Gay couples have no such protection.

These aren't "special rights". They're rights virtually every American is granted under the Constitution. At first, blacks and other minorities weren't granted these rights......neither were women. But as we matured as a nation it was clear that these groups were also entitled to these Constitutional rights. It should now be apparent to anyone with any emapthy for their fellow man that gays, as a group, also deserve these same protections.

That way, Mr. Boss can't walk in and say "jim you're fired. Because you're gay." and leave Jim with no recourse because he's not protected like the guy earlier who heard from Mr. Boss "Jim, you're fired. Because you're black."

To me. it's just the right thing to do. You're milage, however, may vary. wink

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#174467 - 05/08/06 11:21 PM Re: GOP Heroes
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Well using the "can't be fired" line with me is really going to backfire on you Dan S. I think a business owner should be able to hire and fire anyone anytime, it is up to the employee to be efficient and keep him/herself in demand. If the black person or gay person is a fabulous employee, but some business owner doesn't choose to hire them, then that is a missed opportunity for the employer, and a feather in the cap of a more progressive competitor......

#174468 - 05/08/06 11:24 PM Re: GOP Heroes
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

IF "no fire" laws are on the books, then where are the "no quit" laws ?

Why would a citizen off the street have more rights than a citizen who has earned his/her own business ?

If you hire my kid to mow your lawn tomorrow, does that mean he can mow your lawn for the rest of his life at the same price(adjusted for inflation of course), no matter if you no longer desire it done ?

#174469 - 05/09/06 12:54 AM Re: GOP Heroes
fishpolelease Offline
Returning Adult

Comprehension, again. You can fire anyone you want any time you want as long as you don't fire them solely on the cause that they are a minority. Slow down when you're reading the posts, or maybe read them slowly twice in a row, so that you can understand. Try to get the context of the actual message and include all the words while you reason it's meaning, even the big ones, With that in mind I'll give you some time look up the word empathy, (I'm sure it's one that you are not familiar with).

#174470 - 05/09/06 12:57 AM Re: GOP Heroes
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

It rhymes with sympathy......I don't need it.

LOL !!!!!!!!!

#174471 - 05/09/06 01:38 AM Re: GOP Heroes
fishpolelease Offline
Returning Adult

I'm sure that explains why you have no friends

#174472 - 05/09/06 09:25 AM Re: GOP Heroes
sardonicus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Spokane, Wa.
YOO HOO, Hello, wake up. That bit about firing someone whenever is misleading. Our litiginous society in it's endeavor to make life grand for lawyers has decreed that you had better have a archived track record of every 'offense' the fired has ever committed to avoid the nearly sure to follow lawsuit.
My wife has been a medical office supervisor for years and it's no joke.

#174474 - 05/09/06 10:29 AM Re: GOP Heroes
fishpolelease Offline
Returning Adult

"YOO HOO, Hello, wake up. That bit about firing someone whenever is misleading. Our litiginous society in it's endeavor to make life grand for lawyers has decreed that you had better have a archived track record of every 'offense' the fired has ever committed to avoid the nearly sure to follow lawsuit. "

It sounds like what you are talking about is the gray area between fired and layed off for lack of a better term.

Basically I can fire and employe anytime I feel like it, unless we are under a contract he can go to the state or department of labor and try to plead his case for unemployment benefits due to no cause. If I can not come up with a reasonable explanation as to why I let them go to satisfy the state, then that empoyee gets the unemployment benefits.

But he can't sue to get his job back. As an employer I can fire whenever I like, and sure, I may get the phone call from the state saying that so and so wants their unemployment benefits. I reply that they are a slackass or late regularly or whatever reason I had to fire them. The former employee has a right to file an appeal in writing, the state sends it back to me in writing , I write "he's a slack ass and is always late to work", slacker then is forced to go and find another job.

I have a written policy that describes my business stance against racism in any form (employee handbook sort of thing). I have the right to fire someone for being a racist, it is part of the way we operate, racism is not tolerated on the job or at the office in any form. It's good policy, it also protects me from any race based lawsuit.

#174476 - 05/09/06 11:13 AM Re: GOP Heroes
fishpolelease Offline
Returning Adult

Yeah, I agree with that, that was my statement in one of my posts before. I also have to have some excellent excuse if they are under contract, something that says they breeched which gives me ground to dismiss them. The punishment for letting go of someone under contract is usually to pay the remainder of the terms of the contract if I am at fault. The restitution sought for dicriminatory lawsuits can be (but not always) loss of wages until retirement, which is why some of these cases get into the millions. Plus hardship, etc..

What I am saying is that a regular ole employee John Q can be fired at any time, I may pay a price to unemployment if he show it was unwarranted or a lawsuit if says it was discrimination. But I can still fire them if I please. No law against that.

Having a backed policy against discrimination is documented proof that my business does not tolerate under any circumstances the act of discrimination. So if an employee wanted to sue me for that, they woould have a very difficult time proving that was the case in court. Basically all the would be able to prove was that I had another employeee that said something stupid and I was unaware.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
arroem, Bill G, eddie, MetalheadMatt
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1001 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645812 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |