Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#195387 - 04/29/03 07:19 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Why is it that people think I'm posting about them. Aunty, your always welcome.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#195388 - 04/29/03 08:18 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
OK 30%ers I will admit to you and Ramon that ,even though unintended, I did step over the line bringing up tactics of some other extreme environmental groups making it personal to Ramon. Not my deal at all. I guess I prefer being accused of "baiting" more than accusing someone of illegal acts I am quite sure they do not and will not contemplate or try. Lots of posts on this board piss people off and are taken personally and that will continue I suppose. Labelling people will also continue.

What is so difficult to understand about opposing the methods used by WT>? I don't think that if you oppose the extreme tactics that automatically makes you someone who could care less about wild fish and someone who could care less about the harmful hatchery practices that need to be changed. We're not against buffer zones around streams and habitat restoration. The list of agreement is lots longer than the list of points of disagreement. For every emotive statement I make the 30%ers usually fire back a volley of their own emotive insults or personal attacks. I am not going to go in the closet and pout and refuse to engage. Reasonable debates are much easier face to face than on the chat room.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#195389 - 04/29/03 08:19 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

h20..don't forget the bong

#195390 - 04/29/03 08:59 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
fishforlife Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: redmond wash
if they shut down all the hatcherys what do they expect us to catch you got it wild fish.

#195391 - 04/29/03 09:27 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Looks like the Pro WT group has been networking...the 30%ers have grown to 39%....The opposition is at 61% ...Maybe I better work the phones and get the numbers juiced back where they really reflect the group again (70/30)....Oh I know the poll isn't objective and wouldn't hold up in court....

#195392 - 04/29/03 10:09 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
420 points to grandpa for knowing what a bong is and knowing how to use it in the right context.....

thumbs

#195393 - 04/29/03 10:36 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
TwoDogs Offline
Smolt

Loc: Mount Vernon, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by grandpa:
Would you help raise money to combat Washington Trout propaganda?
I would help raise money to support rational discussion of the facts of natural resource management. I woulld also help raise money to support a forum where divergent points of view on this topic could be aired in an environment where people want to learn from others and perhaps be open to changing their minds. It is my personal belief that WT does not contribute to such a discussion and in fact does distort the truth from time to time. However, they aren't the only ones guilty of this. So I don't see the point of attacking them, but I do see the point of providing a source of reliable, unbiased information on these important issues. Anyone else want to start such an effort??

#195395 - 04/30/03 03:35 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Quote:
Since the atmosphere here has become such that I can't participate in a credible debate
Aunty, I hate to say it but you're starting to sound like another famous ex member.

I'm not sure if I missed something, but I just can't see where you'd get the idea that your opinion wasn't welcome? huh

Dredging up year-old threads that are completely irrelevant to this discussion and are meant only to inflame is bad form IMHO, and only serves to weaken your position.

C'mon Aunty, whatever happened, don't take it so personally. smile

#195397 - 04/30/03 03:59 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Extreme Left of Center
Listen guys we are all passionate about the resource we enjoy and the demeaning name calling is not a good way to go about solving he problem.
I guess my question to WT would be what do you propose to do to replace the hathcery fish that not only provide a catch/kill fishery but also contribute, in a major way, to the regions economy? It's the same question we face over here in Oregon.
I realize that hatchery fish should not intermingle with wild fish but if the state uses some common sense in their policies concerning this then the impact will be minimal.
I'm a late comer into this thread but as an officer in one of he regins top sports anglers advocasy groups (ANWS) we need to address these issues in a reasonable and mature way.
We can work on certain issues with groups that in other issues we might oppose but in the end there has to be a reasonable solution.
Enhancement of wildfish and their habitat along with providing sports anglers the opportunity to keep a fish for consumption should be our common goal.
I know for a fact that AuntyM has done alot of research into proposing some sort of replacement to the indiscriminantly wild fish killing gill nets...so cut her some slack huh?

#195398 - 04/30/03 04:07 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
That's what I'm sayin' Aunty, I musta missed the personal attack?? I'm not attacking you, just tryin' to figure out why you're so mad? huh

Edit: Ok, now I see what you're talking about.

#195399 - 04/30/03 04:37 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
Aunty-

Another example of how you only see fit to put one side of a story out there.

Why didn't you also post my retraction, where I admitted that I was wrong and that I was guilty of misinterpreting the communications that Bob and I did have....

??

rolleyes rolleyes

#195400 - 04/30/03 05:52 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I think it's time for this to stop, it's giving me the hives beathead

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#195401 - 04/30/03 08:24 PM Re: Washington Trout POLL
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Good one Jerry! I with you on that.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FrankR, fsraffa, hartwell
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (I'm Still RichG), 408 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12612
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63807 Topics
645760 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |