Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#265450 - 03/16/04 10:59 AM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Mukilteo or Westport
Right, guess who would prefer Kerry (who has stated he will take a law-enforcement approach to terrorism) over Bush (who takes the military approach) for president?

(hint: initials are OBL)

#265451 - 03/16/04 01:12 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
I take it you got that statement straight from the horse's mouth Slab? (Hint: initials OBL) ;\) \:D

#265452 - 03/16/04 02:16 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by grandpa2:
Here's a question or two for ya..Do you think appeasing terrorists works? Do you think you can get along with terrorists? And finally if you were a terrorist who would you rather have as president? Kerry or Bush?
I'm guessing the first two questions were rhetorical, so for the third, if I were a terrorist I would prefer Bush in office. He keeps the Jihad alive by giving reason for more terrorists to sacrifice themselves to Allah for - which they believe is - guaranteed entry into Heaven.

#265453 - 03/16/04 03:01 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

By that line of thinking GoH, The terrorists must REALLY of loved having our last Demo Pres in office then... A whole lot of them go to meet Allah at the expense of American and other innocent lives. So, again by your rationalization, it would seem they would love to see another Demo in office???

Here were four one way tickets

Khobar Towers June 25, 1996
U.S. Embassy Attack 1998
Bombing of the USS Cole October 12, 2000
First World Trade Center Bombing February 26, 1993

Here is a pretty inertesting site. From what I have read NON-partisan InfoPlease

#265454 - 03/16/04 03:53 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

4Salt, No, not from the horse's mouth. I am just making the ASSUMPTION that OBL does NOT want to get caught by the U.S.

Please let me know if you think this assumption is faulty.

#265455 - 03/16/04 04:01 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
For the most part we already have him.

Bush is just waiting for the cameras to arrive so he can chase him across the White House lawn and parade his capture. ;\)

#265456 - 03/16/04 04:14 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Bush Took My Job, Killed My Sons

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak my mind. I lost my job this past year. When Clinton was president I was secure and prosperous, but in the last year, we had to close our operations. We simply could not compete with foreign labor. This foreign labor worked for low pay under very bad conditions. They worked very long shifts, and many even died on the job. This competition could hardly be called "fair." I was
forced out of the place where I had worked for 34 years. Not a single government program was there to help me. How can Bush call himself
"compassionate"?

Far worse, I lost two of my sons in Bush's evil war in Iraq. They gave their lives for their country, and for what? So that Bush's oil buddies
can get rich.

My pain of losing my sons is indescribable. While it is trivial next to the loss of my sons, I regret to say that I also lost my home. I simply have nothing left.

How can Bush call himself a Christian when he neglects people like me? I am a senior citizen with various medical problems. I'm not in a position where I can begin a new career. I was reduced to the point where I had to live in a hole in a ground, all because of President Bush. And when the authorities found me there, did they have any compassion for my misfortune and ailments? No, I was arrested.

Mr. Bush, I dare you to look me in the face and tell me you are a compassionate man! I dare you to look me in the face and tell me you are
a Christian! If I had any money left, I would donate it to the Democrat Party. If Al Gore had been elected in 2000 I would still have a job, a
home, and most importantly, my dear sons!

Regards,

Saddam Hussein

#265457 - 03/16/04 04:19 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Oh no I looked behind the curtain
:p

#265458 - 03/16/04 04:20 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

I heard Kerry is holding Bin Ladden in his basement. :p

#265459 - 03/16/04 04:33 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Ya they are playing spinner \:D

#265460 - 03/16/04 05:56 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
Originally posted by Pmartin:
By that line of thinking GoH, The terrorists must REALLY of loved having our last Demo Pres in office then... A whole lot of them go to meet Allah at the expense of American and other innocent lives.
Not true, that's why the terrorists would rather have Bush in office. Fox news reported this morning that the number of terrorists attack in the world since Bush took office has risen substantially. They gave a percentage, which I remember being high, but I can't remember the exact number.

Many more terrorists are finding the rationale and motivation for martyrdom with our current administration.

#265461 - 03/16/04 07:21 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Quote:
Please let me know if you think this assumption is faulty.
That's a pretty safe assumption! I was just kidding you about how you got the "OBL prefers Kerry" part.

#265462 - 03/16/04 09:03 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Now if I remember right... And I may be wrong so if youre gonna shoot all this down thats fine.

1) UN is supposed to have unlimited access to inspect Iraq.
2) Iraq kicks UN out of highly suspect areas, posting armed gaurds. This is allowed when Clinton is in office.
3) Iraq says they'll let UN in as Bush begins his efforts to get rid of Houssein
4) Iraq again kicks UN out
5) America invades.

I THOUGHT that was the way it played out. Maybe my mind mixed that all up.

#265463 - 03/16/04 09:10 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
I hope the increase in terror is linked to the fact that we many countries in the world have declared all out war on them. I hope engaging them in the short run will prove to be the right thing to do in the long run. I have to admit that I believe that appeasing them allowed them to gain tremendous power worldwide. Thinking we can negotiate with people who truly believe that we are all infidels and need to be exterminated. I prefer facing them head on as we are attempting to do as opposed to hoping they will like us if we leave them alone.

#265464 - 03/16/04 11:05 PM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
It's certainly a tough call. It's extremely difficult to fight this kind of battle. As you can see by the violence directed at US troops currently in Iraq, it takes relatively few enemy combatants to cause a great deal of instability in the area. The same is true for Al Qaeda cells. They are diffcult to track because they aren't organized or centralized. You saw how we walked through Iraq's conventional forces........but now they have become much more dificult to identify and thereby harder to eliminate.

Terrorists have the same thing going for them. Just think the next time you're out driving around how easy it would be to wreak havoc in this country........because we are free to roam and go relatively unrestricted. One dude with a shoulder-fired missile, and 250 people and an airliner go up in flames. Now orchestrate that in a dozen US cities on the same day, and it's Sept. 11th again. The results would be disastrous. And that's just the kind of punch they want to give us.....right in the pocketbook.

The only way you can possibly prevent this kind of stuff is by complete control and surveillance by the government. I think the simple nature of our free society makes it impossible to completely eradicate terrorists. We can make life much more difficult on them, but I get the feeling there will always be terrorists.

I think we could go a long way towards making ourselves safer by improving our own awareness. You think terrorists are going to try to use planes as missiles again? I doubt it.....we're wise to them. But there are glaring weaknesses across the country that we, as citizens, should be keeping an eye on. We're too big a country for the government to keep their eyes on all of it.

It's kinda like a big hornet's nest on your property. Do you go stir them up and chance getting the crap stung out of you and hope you can wipe out the hive...........or do you just let them be and live with getting stung once in a while? I've tried both methods.......still not sure which one is the best option.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#265465 - 03/17/04 12:26 AM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
"It takes money to make money."
"It takes war to make peace."

I dunno, I think they fit.

#265466 - 03/17/04 10:53 AM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by grandpa2:
Thinking we can negotiate with people who truly believe that we are all infidels and need to be exterminated. I prefer facing them head on as we are attempting to do as opposed to hoping they will like us if we leave them alone.
Most Americans are infidels. An infidel is simply a "non-believer" or non-islamic person. You are correct that groups like Al-Quida believe that exterminating all infidels is a #1 priority. They believe the Coran clearly tells them this.

That is the kind of mindset we are dealing with.

#265467 - 03/17/04 10:59 AM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
papaslap Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Dan S says
Quote:
The only way you can possibly prevent this kind of stuff is by complete control and surveillance by the government. I think the simple nature of our free society makes it impossible to completely eradicate terrorists. We can make life much more difficult on them, but I get the feeling there will always be terrorists.
Ther may possibly be some other ways to fight terrorism.

tighten security on airlines
fingerprint and build files on non-Americans entering USA
Monitor questionable emails and phone communications
Take the war to them as opposed to fighting on our soil.
This is not a war that has an exit plan nor a war zone, It is in fact WW3 a battle of good vs. evil.

We had better figure it out They want to kill us.

I heard that lady that was running for president the other night talking about how bad our terrorism alert levels were. She said that we (Bush admin.) were going about it all wrong and by raising terror alerts that we were terrorising our own people. "They don't do that in Isreal and they have been dealing with terror for years"

And in Ireland this St. Patrick's Day they have learned to stay away from large gatherings to insure there safety.

As the Sonics used to say "Not in our house "

Life in America changed on Sept. 11

#265468 - 03/17/04 11:14 AM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
Life in America changed on Sept. 11
Only because a bunch of cowards got their panties in a wad. I am more afraid of getting hit by a drunk driver then I am of getting hurt in a terrorist attack.

It's all scare tactics to help get the people behind the war. \:\(

#265469 - 03/17/04 11:15 AM Re: North Korea Endorses Kerry
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy:
Now if I remember right... And I may be wrong so if youre gonna shoot all this down thats fine.

1) UN is supposed to have unlimited access to inspect Iraq.
2) Iraq kicks UN out of highly suspect areas, posting armed gaurds. This is allowed when Clinton is in office.
3) Iraq says they'll let UN in as Bush begins his efforts to get rid of Houssein
4) Iraq again kicks UN out
5) America invades.

I THOUGHT that was the way it played out. Maybe my mind mixed that all up.
Close, but not entirely true. Since you felt compelled to bring up Clinton again, give him credit where credit is due.

2.5 After Iraq kicks out inspectors, Clinton sends in bombers and destroys Iraq's ability to produce weapons. This is confirmed by David Kay's testimony.

#4 is wrong. Bush pulled out the inspectors because he thought them incompetent and he was invading come hell or high water.

Your other comment about war creating peace is cute, but naive. Any student of the Middle East can see that war has been their way of life since time immortal. They are not like us; they have different values and mores in life. What seems rational to us is ridiculous to them.

Dan makes great thoughtful points. We've been at "war" with terra (as Bush calls it) for almost three years now. Have we made any progress? What have we really accomplished? If you truly think America is safer now than before, you've got your head in the sand.

There's an old American saying, "Where there's a will, there's a way." I worry that Bush is instilling more will in the terrorists and they'll find a way. He seems to be exasperating the situation exponentially. Even Rumsfeld has questioned, "... are we creating more terrorists than we can defeat?"

I don't know. Sometimes I think we're better off just leaving the Middle East completely, to include Israel, and let them have it all. Like the bee hive analogy; you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bassmaster, jensen2592, PaulS, ROBYNS, SHARPSHOOTER
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, 1 invisible), 1045 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63816 Topics
645852 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |