Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#269799 - 08/05/04 07:57 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
jeff'ed that was deep hard hitting intellectual political analysis there thanks :p I bet both parties are up late tonight building the campaigns around that notion.

#269800 - 08/05/04 08:02 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
I'm trying to be kind to in essence an indefensable position. The poll question is whether he should have sat there or acted.

Ya, its nice the teacher was comforted, but the fact is, he should have had a "pre rehearsed plan," so that he didn't have to wonder what to do. I can't figure out why you're giving him a pass.??????

#269801 - 08/05/04 08:56 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Quote:

With almost three years to think about it and hindsight always being 20/20--Can you please tell what you, Al Gore or even John "Pierre" Kerry could have done in a few minutes after being informed about a plane flying into a building--that would have saved a single American life that horrific day?---SCOWAK
------------------------------------------------------------

Sure, I can tell you. I'd have said "Excuse me kids, but there is a matter that needs my attention." and I'd have left the room. Once out of the room, I'd have asked the Secret Service what had happened and what was being done THEN to address it.---DanS
[/QB]
-----------------------------------------------------------

I know that's what John "Pierre" Kerry is going around saying (he must have had a focus group done on a bunch of gullible easily manipulated people who just watched F 9/11).

The question I posed however is, what would you or someone else as acting president have done in a few minutes that would of saved a single American life?

Unless someone can answer that and definitively prove that their actions would have changed the course of events--- all the finger pointing and second guessing is an exercise in futility.

#269802 - 08/05/04 10:29 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
The question I posed however is, what would you or someone else as as acting president have done in a few minutes that would of saved a single American life?
No, probably not.

But the point I'm getting at is that I don't believe that at the time he was in the classroom and was informed by the SS that planes had crashed into a building, it was clear how many planes and/or cities were part of the plan. What if 20 planes had been hijacked and were enroute to other targets? Would you want anyone other than the President to authorize the shooting down of other airliners that might have been intercepted?

If the President isn't available, then of course the decision would pass down the chain of command. But I don't think "unavailable" should mean he's reading "My Pet Goat" with a classroom of kids. He wasn't even reading TO them, he was reading along. What's wrong with saying "Excuse me." so you can make a decision about what can be done to protect the rest of the country?

To me, it shows that Bush doesn't know what to do in a crisis unless he's told.

TK,

I don't think I'm having delusions...........but then, what delusional person does? Hiding from black helicopters and wearing tinfoil hats probably seems like a smart thing to do to someone who does it. Shoot, you should know that. ;\)

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#269803 - 08/05/04 10:45 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan S.:

I don't think I'm having delusions...........but then, what delusional person does? [/QB]
------------------------------------------------------------

That's a pretty good line---I might have to add that to my arsenal.

#269805 - 08/05/04 11:20 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
...his 'national guard men'.....

#269806 - 08/06/04 01:11 AM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
...I agree with SCOWAK... Honestly, nothing could have been done to prevent the next air attack.

You honestly think that in the time before the Pentagon attack, sufficient air defense could have been up and running? This means (I'm guessing, tell me if I'm wrong), launching some planes, getting them to begin patrols, setting up a restricted area, etc. Feel free to throw in a few more.

Lets remember one more thing. President Bush attacked Senator Kerry's military records only because Senator Kerry made them the center of his campaign in the beginning. Senator Kerry attacks everything about President Bush, every decision he's made, but when President Bush tells the world that Senator Kerry is in fact a fraud, President Bush is the nazi. Speaking of fraud, anyone know the name of that organization that just published an article called "Unfit for Command" on Senator Kerry? I think it was the Swiftboat Organization... Not sure.

Curtis

PS: Is it really all that hard to refer to President Bush as PRESIDENT Bush?? He's earned that much hasn't he?

#269807 - 08/06/04 02:10 AM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
h2o Offline
Carcass

No.

I much prefer Dumbya or Bouche much as righty preferred to call Clinton Willy, Bubba etc.

get over it.

You said 'Kerry is in fact a fraud'.

Wrong on about twelve different levels BVD's.

I looked hard for any definition of fraud that applies. There isn't one.

Kerry is, in your opinion, a fraud.

Now, there's a statement that can't be argued. However it CAN be questioned such as...What claims has he made that are false?

#269808 - 08/06/04 02:30 AM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Turn on the bilge pump matey she's takin on alot of water......

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#269809 - 08/06/04 02:49 AM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
h2o Offline
Carcass

Those pirate jokes come awful easy to you gramps.

#269810 - 08/06/04 10:09 AM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
I've wanted to stay out of this debate because even though GW is the worst president I have ever seen, I am prepared to cut him some slack on this point. The main reason is that I can only view this event in the context of hindsight. But, I must respond to the comment that we could not have put a defensive posiiton up in the 55 minutes between the attack on the 2nd tower and the Pentagon. If that is so, we are in deep sh!t and I can not believe that our military can not make a decision and execute that decision within an hour.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#269811 - 08/06/04 10:51 AM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

You want to be the guy that says shoot down a civilian airliner?

I think it was the start of the death rattle for JFK for pres.

#269813 - 08/06/04 11:25 AM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Funny how MCcain did not criticze F911 or the Whoopi show etc. etc. You know riding the I was a prisoner of war or a vet horse gets old.

#269814 - 08/06/04 01:33 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Very interesting web site Anty....

#269815 - 08/06/04 04:37 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Well lets talk about Kerrys reaction to 911. He was interviewed shortly after on the LArry King Show . Kerry said he was with Daschle and a few other and watched the 2nd plane hit. Kerry recalled how all four in the meeting where dumbfounded how they tried to continue the meeting but could not think then the plane hit the Pentagon and they could see the smoke from the window. Between that plane hitting and the Plane hitting the Pentagon 43 minutes passed. So they sat there dumbfounded and shocked. Kerry did not proceed to the Pentagon to see if he could offer aid or assistance he went to lunch. By his own words he tells how he would react.

#269816 - 08/06/04 04:41 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Extreme Left of Center
Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
Well lets talk about Kerrys reaction to 911. He was interviewed shortly after on the LArry King Show . Kerry said he was with Daschle and a few other and watched the 2nd plane hit. Kerry recalled how all four in the meeting where dumbfounded how they tried to continue the meeting but could not think then the plane hit the Pentagon and they could see the smoke from the window. Between that plane hitting and the Plane hitting the Pentagon 43 minutes passed. So they sat there dumbfounded and shocked. Kerry did not proceed to the Pentagon to see if he could offer aid or assistance he went to lunch. By his own words he tells how he would react.
Very weak argument there little elvis :p

#269817 - 08/06/04 04:47 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

How so. Bush only took 7 minutes to do something. Kerry took a few hours to decide to go to lunch. His words not mine. Very Presidential.

#269818 - 08/06/04 04:52 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Extreme Left of Center
Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
How so. Bush only took 7 minutes to do something. Kerry took a few hours to decide to go to lunch. His words not mine. Very Presidential.
What was Kerry supposed to do? He had no power to do anything?
I guess he could have done like Al Haig (no doubt one of your heroes) did and declare himself in charge :p
Kerry probably made the mistake of assuming the president was on top of it.

#269819 - 08/06/04 04:52 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

You keep forgetting TK that the expectations of our President are a little higher, especially when we're in the moment of being attacked.

#269820 - 08/06/04 04:57 PM Re: Bush's reaction on 9-11
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

I suppose Mr. Photo Op could not of tried to help the injured or assited the firemen police in anyway. Better to go to lunch.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bassmaster, jensen2592, PaulS, ROBYNS, SHARPSHOOTER
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Lifter99, steely slammer), 1123 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63816 Topics
645856 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |