Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29941 - 08/30/06 04:35 PM bigfoot story thread
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
allright everyone...out with those bigfoot stories and sightings from your way backwoods fishing and hunting trips..... (having a hairy greek neighbor doesnt count as a bigfoot sighting)

personally ive never seen one, but i want to believe in it...

#29942 - 08/30/06 04:50 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
I've met this yokel from WV who flew all the way out here b/c he heard a rumor of BF sightings on Ft. Lewis. He begged & pleaded for access to sit out there in the bushes and seach which was denied, so then he screamed "cover-up!"

That logger dude from Randle who wore the monkey suit and walked along the Cispus River while his beer buddy filmed it with a Super-8 passed away awhile back. Im sure his kids & grandkids have some "sightings" to share.

smile
If you are a Sasquatch, click here:
WARNING! FOR SASQUATCHES ONLY!

http://zapatopi.net/bsa/militia/

#29943 - 08/30/06 04:57 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
I'm with Salmo G.
Ichtyoid give it up man.

#29944 - 08/30/06 05:03 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I saw GutZ on the river once. Damn near thought it was BigFoot! He scared me. frown

#29945 - 08/30/06 05:06 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
steely slammer Online   content
Three Time Spawner

believe in it its out there...

ok here we go this is a true story..one morning i went out to plunk a small river here in grays harbor.. i hiked down the trail to the river where i put my bucket down and started to rig up..it was still dark enough to only see a few yards.. since somebody tore the shack we had down we used a small tree as shelter we rigged up a tarp system and sat under it..since this was kinda out in know wheres ville i packed a Ruger 10/22 with me.. i had just finnished rigging up i grabbed my pole holder and rod with the net and i went to the rivers edge and put the net down and burried the pole holder in the ground..by this time it was light enough to see everything except behind the tree it was still dark up underneath it..as i was getting ready to cast my first bait of eggs in i heard a noise behind the tree as i realed around to see what it was i droped my rod and whipped the rifle around to see something moveing behind the tree.. at first i was thinking a deer or cyote but the limbs were moving way to high up for this so i moved to my right and i saw something standing big move away from the trees and into the thick brush and trees.. when i seen this i jumped over the edge of the bank and was ready to shoot, man i have never been so scared in my life.. i was lucky that i didnt land in the water cause the river was high and dirty..i sat there till it was very light out and i could see everything i walked back up to the tree and looked around couldnt tell what it was i saw..as the day wore on i manadge to walk back into the brush and other trees where i saw a limb on an alder tree that was broken high enough up that i would have had to get a good jump up to touch it..things didnt feel right the whole day i had the feeling something or somebody was watching..to this day i still say it was BIGFOOT..

mainly region 6

#29946 - 08/30/06 05:17 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Quote:
Originally posted by steely slammer:
believe in it its out there...

ok here we go this is a true story..one morning i went out to plunk a small river here in grays harbor.. i hiked down the trail to the river where i put my bucket down and started to rig up..it was still dark enough to only see a few yards.. since somebody tore the shack we had down we used a small tree as shelter we rigged up a tarp system and sat under it..since this was kinda out in know wheres ville i packed a Ruger 10/22 with me.. i had just finnished rigging up i grabbed my pole holder and rod with the net and i went to the rivers edge and put the net down and burried the pole holder in the ground..by this time it was light enough to see everything except behind the tree it was still dark up underneath it..as i was getting ready to cast my first bait of eggs in i heard a noise behind the tree as i realed around to see what it was i droped my rod and whipped the rifle around to see something moveing behind the tree.. at first i was thinking a deer or cyote but the limbs were moving way to high up for this so i moved to my right and i saw something standing big move away from the trees and into the thick brush and trees.. when i seen this i jumped over the edge of the bank and was ready to shoot, man i have never been so scared in my life.. i was lucky that i didnt land in the water cause the river was high and dirty..i sat there till it was very light out and i could see everything i walked back up to the tree and looked around couldnt tell what it was i saw..as the day wore on i manadge to walk back into the brush and other trees where i saw a limb on an alder tree that was broken high enough up that i would have had to get a good jump up to touch it..things didnt feel right the whole day i had the feeling something or somebody was watching..to this day i still say it was BIGFOOT..
Sounds like a Speckled Tree Octopus. Very rare....

....Or a bear that just got done foraging your shack for food that you flushed up a tree.

#29947 - 08/30/06 05:18 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Hatch Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa
I saw one in Port Townsend once. It must have been in the rut though because it had a tie-dye t-shirt on and smelled like urine with a little hint of patchouli oil. Unfortunatley it disappeared in a VW bus before I could take a picture...

#29948 - 08/30/06 05:28 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
worktoFish, How long ago was that? I used ta hang out up there in my tie-dye and VW bus day's.

#29949 - 08/30/06 05:55 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Hatch Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa
Quote:
Originally posted by Bucket:
worktoFish, How long ago was that? I used ta hang out up there in my tie-dye and VW bus day's.
I've been working in the land of self sustainable lifestyles for the last 5 years. I usually get a sighting or two in before the hibernation season starts after the first cold snap. There's nothing better than having your doors wide open when it's 26 degrees outside to air out a small office. For your sake I hope you've moved on and found soap in your life. smile

#29950 - 08/30/06 06:03 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
The true believers I know were in the Army with me at Ft Lewis. They claim.. that they had one walk right into a night ambush position that they had set up in the So Ranier training area.. It was a big deal.. they caught crap for weeks over it. To a man they will say " STFU.. YOU WERE NOT THERE MAN.. and if you were.. You would believe it too. Its a long story but after awhile and you can't get even one of them to fess up that is B.S ( and these guys were not what you call real tight buddies.. 3 black guys, two white boy pot heads a kid from Guam and a Mormon guy from Utah. )

#29951 - 08/30/06 06:40 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Kev Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell, Wa

#29952 - 08/30/06 06:53 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

I've seen lot's of weird things but mostly back in the 70's before they tested for drugs.

#29953 - 08/30/06 07:30 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
DriftWood Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
Woke up next to one once after a night of hard drinking. It still scares the hell out of me to this day.

#29954 - 08/30/06 11:15 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
bank walker Offline
Spawner

My grandfather has a story that will make the hair on your neck stand up, and pretty much make you afraid of the dark for a week. Anyways, there were two of them hunting Elk up in the Eastern Crest of the Cascades. It was 9;30-10 at night and they were both listening to the radio, when outside the tent the most god awful scream/howl took place. They shut the radio off and could hear footsteps outside the tent, a few minutes later another ear piercing scream/howl, which sounded like it came out of a 55Gal drum. Gramps descriped the sound as a train whistle at 20 feet. More footsteps and then nuthin... dead quiet... Fresh snow fell overnight and no tracks where to be seen.

I'd like to see concrete evidence by now, but i do believe there is something out there smarter and more elusive than us.
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#29955 - 08/31/06 12:10 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
This is one area I love. I have never seen one, but believe that they are out there. I have done research into sightings and you would not believe some of the junk people say. But there have been many sightings in the Grays Harbor and Ft. Lewis areas. Many more that are just plain untrue. Cat and Fiander lakes on the Fort have had several sightings by many military members during field training. Donkey creek road and the Nooch valley also are good areas for sightings. A retired cop I know saw one years ago by the 7200 road on the Nooch. Scared him so bad he never went back. The BFRO (bigfoot field research org) just did a big weekend search in the Nooch area. There was a couple off the Chehalis and Satsop near Keys Road. Anyone who hunts knows how thick the woods are out there. Questions I like asking sceptics are, How many bears or cougars have you seen in the woods? How about bear or cougar bones? I have seen in 14 years hunting and 24 years fishing out here two cougars and two bears. Another good questions is how many raccons or possums do you see in the deep woods? VERY few. Roads are different though. From all the species unknown dna test results collected from hair samples, SOMETHING is running around out there. We will most likely see proof, a body, within the next 25 years. I have had two encounters that were weird. First was back in 1992 above Eatonville elk hunting. I followed some fresh tracks up into the woods quite a ways and was sitting on a stump near trail crossing almost dark. I hear something coming through the brush, think "Alright, here comes the elk!" Next thing I know it gets very quite, no birds, no crickets. I ease off the safety and get ready to draw up the rifle when I can see what is coming. All of a sudden a high pitched screech darn nears makes me load my pants right behind me. First thought after landing from about a twenty foot jump straight up is cougar. Then realize it was not the right noise. Next thought was a loon. And not just me for getting scared so bad. Never see anything and head back to truck. Ten years later I am sitting on my computer listening to supposed bigfoot calls when the hair on my body stand straight up. There was a recording that was exactly what I heard. My poor lab woke from a dead sleep and came running into the kitchen growling at the computer and trying to shield me from it. Makes you wonder. Other was calls in the dead of night near Harts lake that were not anything I have head before.

#29956 - 08/31/06 01:28 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
plunkin eggs Offline
Egg

Loc: Puyallup, WA
me and my brother kind of had the same thing happen as big jim described. we were hunting near rimrock 2 years ago, it was our last day hunting the area and we were walking on a trail at o'dark thirty when we heard this screaming/howling up the hill from us. it froze us in our tracks and we both looked at each other knowing what we were both thinking.it kept goin up the hill faster than any of us could walk so we just decided to hunt for a little bit and head back to pack for home. when we got back to camp, our cousin was there still as he slept in and he asked us why the heck we were screaming in the woods. we said it wasnt us and that we thought it was bigfoot. he was skeptical to say the least. well we get home and decided to look up bigfoot sightings and there were some around the area and we seen a link to bigfoot sounds and there was one called the puyallup scream and we played it and it sounded exactly as what we heard in the woods and played it for our cousin and his jaw dropped when he heard it. so now he believes us and it made us a believer.

#29957 - 08/31/06 09:55 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
There was an earlier thread on this and I had listed these sites: www.bfro.net and www.bigfootforums.com The Fort Lewis incident is a classic. Both sites have audio files and sighting lists for states, counties, etc.

My 2 cents........sure there are hoaxes, but with hundreds of years of sightings over several continents and countries, thousands of varying sized casts of footprints, audio files, and countless reported sightings by all kinds of people(just think how many people have seen something and didn't report it).........it just takes one real event for this thing to exist.

#29959 - 08/31/06 11:25 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Hoquiam/Newton
Geographical Index > United States > Washington > Cowlitz County > Report # 406

Report # 406 (Class A)
Submitted by witness C.H. on Friday, October 06, 2000. Fisherman observes large, bipedal figure along Kalama River

YEAR: 1984

SEASON: Fall

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Cowlitz County

LOCATION DETAILS: Along the Kalama river, a popular steelhead fishing area (at the time, I'm not sure now). Most areas of this river are accessible from Kalama River Road.

NEAREST TOWN: Kalama, Washington

NEAREST ROAD: Kalama River Road/I-5 (a ways away)

OBSERVED: This is a story that I've never put down on paper, although I've told many people about it over the years. I was young a the time, but I am sure of what I saw, so I suppose it's time to report it. You'll forgive me if the details are sketchy, it's been about 16 years (I'm 28 now).

I was steelhead fishing with my father on the Kalama river in southwest Washington state. My dad left me at a bend in the river (unfortunately, I was 12, so I don't know exactly where) and went down to fish out of sight from me.

I drift-fished for a while, with no luck. Then I heard an odd "whack-whack" sound, and looked upriver. Across the river, about a 50-70 yards away, I saw a large, black, bipedal figure with a fish (maybe a steelhead?) in its hands. I say hands, not claws, because it repeatedly raised the fish overhead and brought it down on a rock, apparently to kill it. It moved its arms like a brachiating ape, overhead and down in a pretty large half-circle.

What struck me most, other than the odd way of killing a fish, was how upright and thin the figure appeared—I'm no naturalist, but I'd seen Grizzly Adams enough (and spent enough time hunting with my dad) to know what a bear looked like, and this was not a bear. I suppose it could have been a swarthy human dressed all in black whacking a fish against a rock, but why?

Being 12, I pretty much froze and watched. I remember thinking I wasn't going to catch any fish if I didn't cast the line again, but I didn't want to attract the attention of whatever it was across the river. It's difficult to reckon time in this instance, but I would guess it was only a couple of minutes before the creature took the fish and walked back up toward the woods.I didn't actually see it go into the woods, because I reeled my line in as soon as it started to move away and was intent on finding my dad. As soon as I got my line in, I ran down around the bend and told my dad what I'd seen. He told me it was probably just another fisherman and to go back and get my fishing pole.

I realize that a 16 year-old report may seem dubious, but I know what I saw wasn't any kind of animal I'd seen before. I was unable to get across the river (my dad couldn't see the logic in it) to look for tracks, to my eternal regret.

OTHER WITNESSES: One witness: me. I was steelhead fishing, with my line out. My dad was around the bend, out of sight.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: The sun was shining clearly. It was early morning.

ENVIRONMENT: A bend in the river. Wish I could be of more help here, but I was only 12.

A & G References: Pg. 32, D3

Follow-up investigation report:

#29960 - 08/31/06 11:34 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Here is one of my favorite from our state. I seen one on 101 near Quinault in '78. I will post it next. Seeing is believing.

Report # 7382 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, November 13, 2003. Various incidents along the Kalama River (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2001

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

COUNTY: Cowlitz County

LOCATION DETAILS: Beginner's Hole

NEAREST TOWN: Kalama

NEAREST ROAD: Kalama River Rd

OBSERVED: Up until last year I owned a bait and tackle store on the Kalama River in Kalama, Wa. I guess I would have to say that there were some strange things happening to several of my customers who would fish directly upstream from my store at a hole known as Beginner's Hole.

For instance, one of my customers, Steve and his girlfriend Tasha, arrived on the river a couple of hours before daylight and decided to get some rest in there car before the usual crowed arrived. They laid there seats backed and turned up the radio when all of a sudden something hit the driver's side window with enough force to almost break the glass. Steve later told me that he thought it must have been a rock of considerable size as it shook the whole car. He immediately started the car and turned on his lights only to find nobody could be seen in the large parking area and Tasha was so shook up by it that she made him leave and spend the rest of the night parked under the lights of my store.

I guess I really didn’t think much of to until approximately a week or so later at about 9:30pm after just locking up for the night and being startled by someone frantically pounding on my store door only to open it and find a very scared fisherman who had claimed to have seen a Bigfoot within a block of my store just standing on the riverbank looking at him walk by on the road 75 feet away. It was late May or early June (2001) so it had just gotten dark. I can’t remember ever seeing a grown man so afraid of a wild animal in my life as Jason was at that moment. He just kept saying that he just witnessed Bigfoot and to stay inside for fear it was going to get us. I grabbed a flashlight and tried to talk him into showing me where he had seen it but he refused to go outside, insisting I was crazy because he said it must have been at least 7 foot tall.

A week or so later I went up to Beginner's Hole at about 10:30pm with my beer distributor Travis to do some glowballing for summer-run steelhead as I had for many years in the past when it started to get warmer and the fish seemed to get more active. We pulled into the parking area and I ran over the bank so I could get the first cast because it was usually payday and Travis stood in front of the headlights still rigging his pole. I had taken several casts with no luck when I noticed the fish down river in the deep hole were jumping like I had never seen before. I climbed up the bank as Travis was just finishing and told him to come on. We were going to walk down and see what was going on. As we arrived at the hole about 200 yards down stream, we quickly climbed down the bank and began casting. Travis was located 50 feet below me behind a large bush when I heard a loud splash from his direction. Thinking he must have fallen in I yelled to see if he was alright when to my surprise we were face-to- face and he was yelling for me to run in a very panicked voice! I wasted no time following him up the bank because it must have been something pretty serious to scare Travis as he stands 6ft tall and weighs over 220 lbs. As we climbed in the car, he was yelling something about a giant ape-like figure that had porpoised, went under and then came back out of the water and jumped. What ever it was, it must have been very large judging by the sound that I had heard and seeing that Travis was very wet from the splash that it had made. I guess that’s when I started believing that maybe Bigfoot was real! Being very knowledgeable of the river and the fish runs, I came to the conclusion that combined with the fact that for the last few years the woods had been closed to public entry 90% of the season and that the summer-run steelhead where being let go out of the lower hatchery and almost all of them stopping at Beginner's Hole because that’s where they had been released that maybe it had come down from up river looking for food and quite possibly had found a steelhead paradise.

It took several days before I or Travis had found the nerve to venture back up there but the thought of those fish made us finally give in to our fear. What a mistake! Arriving at the hole, I as usual ran over the bank to get the first cast and Travis as usual stood rigging his pole in the headlights. As I started to cast I felt very uneasy and continued looking up and down the river trying to see in the nighttime darkness when directly across the river from me I heard a baseball-sized rock hit the water a few feet off the far bank. I strained my eyes to see what had thrown it thinking that after telling several of my customers of the earlier incident that maybe someone was playing a trick or something. That’s when I heard it! A low, deep moan-like sound that turned into a high pitched scream. I have been in the woods enough to know that there is no animal that could possibly make the noise that I had just heard and it surely wasn’t a customer. As I screamed for Travis I felt reassured to see him already coming over the bank asking what the hell had made that noise. He couldn’t even finish his sentence before that sound let loose again! It seemed to be on the opposite shore and running directly away from us at a speed I had never seen an animal run at before. It almost seemed like a bird it was going so fast through the trees directly away from us up the hill. It had seemed like seconds before it reached the top of the hill maybe an eighth of a mile away and remained there for several minutes making a noise that had every hair on your entire body standing at perfect attention. Then as quick as it had started it stopped and we found ourselves climbing in the car speeding for the safety of my store where we sat up all night going over and over what we had just heard.

It wasn’t until a couple of weeks later that I was forced into going back there because I am a licensed fishing guide and the only one who does nighttime drift boat trips down the river. Seeing that I had two paying customers, one a young man in his late twenties from Iowa and the other, a regular customer who also owns a house on the river, I felt obligated to do my best to get them fish and as scary as it may seem, I knew that beginners was the spot. I launched the boat directly into Beginner's Hole at about 10:30pm and had planned to take about a 2 mile trip down stream hoping to get a quick fish or two out of the hole and get the hell out of there but the fish just weren’t going for it. Every time I suggested that we head on down I was cut off by the local home owner telling me that we were in the hot spot and he wanted to try it longer and to quit being a baby, that there was no such thing as bigfoot. He, too, had heard the rumors going around about what I had seen. As he teased me, it got the Iowa guy asking all kinds of questions because that was the first he had heard of the monster that lived at Beginner's. I tried to avoid the hole thing as best as I could but he wasn’t about to leave it alone and talked me into telling my story.

I was almost finished reciting the months' events when something happened that I will never in all of my life forget. All of a sudden the pole that I was holding almost got ripped from my hands and I yelled fish on! Or so I thought. It took but seconds to realize that something was not right by the way it was pulling. It felt like I had hooked into a bail of hay that had floated by in the heavy current but yet you could tell that it was alive. The Iowa guy was screaming for me to give him the rod cause that was to be his first steelhead ever and he took the rod from my hands. As I stood there in my drift boat watching the line slowly peel off of the reel, I couldn’t help but feel confused about what could possibly be attached to the other end when it stood up in the middle of the river 30 feet below my boat and seemed, by the glowing corkies and sand shrimp, to be hooked in the left shoulder and not at all comfortable with the whole situation, nor where either of the two gentlemen in the front of my boat. The Iowa guy was shouting something about it being a dead body and I can’t recall the local man saying anything at all. The river was about 4 1/2 feet deep where it was and it seemed to me in the moonlight to be standing waist deep, slowly swinging its arms trying to get free. As I pulled my anchor and tried to stay my distance, the Iowa guy was pulling for all he was worth. I was using 30Lbs line and there wasn’t much chance of it breaking. Maybe 3 minutes passed or so it seemed like before it finally freed itself and dove under water never to be seen again, just a wake of water heading downstream into the deep hole and as far as I could tell, never coming up for a breath in at least 100 yards till it rounded the bend and out of sight. To this day I have not fished Beginners Hole and I am no longer a guide. I mainly stay at home and work on computers. What happened to me on the Kalama River will stay with me for the rest of my life and I’m sure that all of this sounds pretty strange but I will tell anyone who wants to know the names of every person involved and would gladly take them to the place and show them. I am almost certain that if someone was to spend next spring and summer at beginner’s hole on the Kalama River between the hours of 10:00pm and 4:00am it will quite possibly change the way they view Bigfoot for the rest of there life!

Thank You;

OTHER WITNESSES: Many

OTHER STORIES: Many stories but not like mine

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 10:00pm - 4:00am

ENVIRONMENT: River Bank

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Dr. Wolf H. Fahrenbach:

The witness attributes his repeated encounters to the fact that he was out on the river most of the time, it being his livelihood. He mentioned other events. He was fishing from the bank and heard noises behind him in the narrow band of forest between the river and the road. He saw what he thought were two bears. One of them disappeared immediately, the other "bear" stepped behind a tree, though both of its arms could be seen holding on to the tree. Shortly afterwards, when he and a nearby fisherman had returned to the road and were talking with a few more fishermen, an alder in the adjacent thick forest, not more than 20-30' away, was vigorously shaken back and forth.

The sasquatch that "porpoised" in front of his fishing friend, evidently jumped vertically out of the water in front of that person, wetting him down thoroughly, but immediately dove under again as the water is approximately 15' there.

The witness also mentioned that it appears that the sasquatch hunts the salmon underwater, partly for the reason of the jumping of the fish, partly because of his repeated, unverified impressions of a sasquatch swimming past the boat under water.

#29961 - 08/31/06 11:35 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Report # 7003 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Saturday, October 04, 2003. Truck driver has brief roadside sighting (

YEAR: 1978

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

COUNTY: Grays Harbor County

LOCATION DETAILS: between Lake Quinault and Neilton on Hwy 101.

NEAREST TOWN: Neilton, WA

NEAREST ROAD: HWY 101

OBSERVED: I was headed south in a delivery truck when my eye caught movement on the right side of the road maybe 200 yards ahead. The creature had been standing motionless at the side of the road. It was facing the road then it spun around counter clockwise and in less than 3 steps was gone back into the timber with its arms swinging as it stepped. I saw him for 2.5 seconds. It was solid black or dark brown. It was very large with huge shoulders. I think he was standing there looking to see if it was safe to cross, then turned around and retreated because of the approaching vehicles.

I thought what the heck was that? Did I see what I just saw? It moved like a large man but it is a solid color. I saw one color. It didn’t have any clothes on. You just start trying to rationalize in your head what you just witnessed. Did I just see a sasquatch? It was hard to believe I seen one. Still is.

Sometime before this - maybe 6 months - on the TV news was a story of a tour bus driver up in British Columbia, Canada that had to hit the skids to keep from hitting a Bigfoot that crossed the road in front of him. He quickly opened the door and chased it into the woods. Just inside the woods he ran into it or came face to face with it and it like screamed at him or something. He had to quickly turn tale and run.

This was fresh in my mind when I came upon the spot where the creature retreated back into the woods. I slowed my truck down to a slow roll but there was no way I was going to stop and get out to look for tracks or to see if I could see it up close and personal. I wasn’t going to leave the security of my truck. I looked into the timber best I could as I passed but I didn’t see him.

There was a sedan roughly 100 hundred yards in front of me, half way between me and the creature. No other cars on the stretch. The tail lights never came on when the creature moved and they didn’t come on when the car approached the spot in the road where the creature stood. It didn't appear to slow at all. I thought how can it be that the car didn’t see it? They were twice as close to it as I was and the thing was huge. The only thing I can guess is the driver of the car looked down to mess with something on his dashboard and took his eyes off the road for the 2 to 2.5 seconds it took the creature to turn and retreat. I hope they did see it and that they submit a report, too.

My next delivery was to an elderly man on Moody Rd. just off of Kirkpatrick Rd. at Humptulips. I was still pretty excited about what I had just seen no more than a half hour before and when I told him what I saw he looked at my like I was on drugs. That was my last stop so when I got back to the warehouse I told my boss Darrell Winters and a coworker Larry Trader what I had just seen. They had a good time laughing at me. That’s ok, I know what I saw. If I didn’t see it with my own eyes I would be a skeptic too I guess.

OTHER WITNESSES: There was another car. It is unknown if they witnessed incident.

OTHER STORIES: There were several very credible sightings that made the local news in Grays Harbor Co. 7 to 8 years before my sighting that are posted on this web site. Also my late brother said that he and his wife narrowly missed hitting one crossing the Wishkah Rd. out of Aberdeen in the early to mid 80’s. His wife said they could see the long hair hanging from its arm like the fringe on a leather jacket. I saw another story on this web site or another about a sighting by a lady 3 miles south of my sighting on the same Hwy 101. She was on her way to Klalock from I think Yakima to meet up with her family. It crossed the road in front of her at a much closer distance and she saw it for about 8 seconds. This took place around 2001. It’s been a while since I read that story. My Native American freind Randy C. and his brother seen one on the Quinault Indian Reservation which is the same region of my incident.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: The incident occured at about 2:30 pm. The weather was overcast with a light mist.

ENVIRONMENT: There is old growth forest on both sides of the road consisting of mostly Douglas Fir with Western Red Cedar, maybe some Western Hemlock and Spruce. There is Vine Maple and other brush including Huckleberries at the edge of the forest along the side of the road. The forest floor is covered with ferns. It is a state owned, old growth forest set aside many years ago for scientific study.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Tom Yamarone:

I spoke with the witness and can add the following:
- Although this was a fleeting observation, the witness is certain about what he saw. He observed the movement of the swinging arms and saw it turn as he was approaching. He recalls the animal's broad shoulders and chest clearly and says he "sees it now as he did on that day" 27 years ago.
- I asked if he could estimate the height of the animal. He could not. “It was big” was all he could add.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bludog, hugh mack
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, Excitable Bob), 525 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13397
eyeFISH 12607
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63790 Topics
645515 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |