Rate This Topic
#465476 - 11/05/08 12:14 PM MY Letter to the New President
wabowhunter Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Burien, Wa
My letter to our New President....

-----------------------------

Dear President Elect Barack Obama,

Congratulation of your personal and historic victory of becoming Our next President!

I would like to let you know that I did not vote for you, but I was glad to hear you state that you are my President, “And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn - I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President too.” I have always believed that even when the victor was not the candidate that I voted for he was still my President, and therefore represented me, and because of this I will stand behind you and beside you.

As my President I hope and pray that you will look to the Constitution and the founders as an inspiration to lead this nation, not just as individual men or idea but look at what they all were trying to build for the generations to come, that have lead to this great day.

I will tell you that I was raised in a middle class family and that I am a middle class American, currently, I am “Main Street”. I have worked since the age of 15 to achieve the life that I have today and hope that the United States of tomorrow will not set me back or further reduce my lifestyle or wage. I believe that paying between 28 and 33 percent of my wage, which I work hard for, in taxes, is a fare share. So, I am glad that you stated you would not increase the taxes on the middle class, and I hope that you will not slide the scale downward to increase the taxes on the middle class, I believe that you are a man of you word.

I have always given every man and woman, which comes into my life, a “glass full” of respect and support. It is then their own actions, word or acts, which determine if they lose any of that respect or support. So again, I hope that you will keep your word and live the promises that you stated while running, and last night, for the highest office in our land. “…But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face. I will listen to you, especially when we disagree…”

You have the opportunity to BE the “change” that you professed during your campaign; you can be the President that keeps his word and promises. I ask you to please be the President of the People, not just the special interests or special projects of individual.

I now look forward, with hope, to working with and beside, you to build a better tomorrow for both my children and yours.

I will pray for you and your family daily and ask God to help you during the coming days, months and years.

Again CONGRATULATIONS on your victory and may God Bless You!

Sincerely,

Shawn
----------------------

Cheers to us all...

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Thoreau

South King County - PSA
Save Our Fish - PSA
CCA Sea-Tac

#465479 - 11/05/08 12:23 PM Re: MY Letter to the New President [Re: wabowhunter]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
That was good wabowhunter

#465481 - 11/05/08 12:28 PM Re: MY Letter to the New President [Re: seastrike]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
Really good.

#465494 - 11/05/08 12:56 PM Re: MY Letter to the New President [Re: docspud]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Nice letter. thumbs

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#465571 - 11/05/08 04:07 PM Re: MY Letter to the New President [Re: Dan S.]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Who won?

smile gr8 letter!

#465655 - 11/05/08 11:11 PM Re: MY Letter to the New President [Re: ParaLeaks]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Originally Posted By: wabowhunter

Dear President Elect Barack Obama,

Congratulation of your personal and historic victory of becoming Our next President!You have the opportunity to BE the “change” that you professed during your campaign; you can be the President that keeps his word and promises. I ask you to please be the President of the People, not just the special interests or special projects of individual.
I now look forward, with hope, to working with and beside, you to build a better tomorrow for both my children and yours. I will pray for you and your family daily and ask God to help you during the coming days, months and years.

Again CONGRATULATIONS on your victory and may God Bless You!

Sincerely,

Shawn

A stand out example of class and culture. Shawn you and your family will be just fine. I would love for Obama to receive a copy of this letter. It's good! applause

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#465809 - 11/06/08 03:22 PM Re: MY Letter to the New President [Re: John Lee Hookum]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lauren-rubinfeld/letters-to-president-obam_b_141788.html

Here are a few more gem's. thumbs

Letters to President Obama from Fourth Graders in Harlem

By the time the school day began at 8:05 on Wednesday morning, I had already read what felt like hundreds of articles and listened to hundreds of commentators about this historic election. But, as my students entered the classroom chanting "Yes We Can" I knew that the 25 strongest voices in my life were yet to be heard.

Nothing has hit me as hard as the letters my 4th graders in Harlem wrote to their new president. A few are pasted below.

Dear President Obama,

I am so happy you are our new president! And it is not just because you are black, it is because you have some great ideas! And I wanted to be a singer, dancer, and actress but you open new doors for me. You open the doors for everybody. Now I think that now I can be the first female black president! And we went from black people not being able to vote and that changed and then black people never got a chance to be president but you changed that. And for that, it is like you are my and the whole world's hero!

Love (a 9 year old),
Tatiana

P.S. I won't put TV before homework.

Dear President Obama,

Congratulations. I'm glad we have our first black president and I'm glad we all (the United States) have a great president like you! I am very sorry about what happened with your grandmother, but I know if she was here right now, she will be very proud of you! I am very sure you will make the best decisions for all of America! I was hoping you can make a recycling rule to help something called Global Warming.

Love,
E'Raya

Dear President Obama,

I want to say you are the bomb. I love all your speeches. Even my grandma does. I feel sorry for your grandmother but she's there up in heaven watching over you. When you get to the white house you will have our help.

I'm so happy that you are becoming president. Can you make a change about the cops? They need to pay more attention at the Lincoln Tunnel.

Write back.

Your friend,
Asia

Dear President Obama,

I like the way you think about turning off the T.V. and letting kids do their homework. I know so many things that the people in the world want you to fix. Do you think you can do it? We CAN make change. I believe you. Everybody believes you. Barack, we can do it. Yes, we can.
Don't forget leadership and responsibility is what we are looking for.

Change we make. Change we believe.

Sincerely,
Hawa

Dear President Obama,

I knew you would win. You easily won by a landslide. Do you think you can lower taxes? Just 20 dollars. My mom wants to move. I do too. The house we want to move to cost twice as much. So, can you please do that? I hope you have a good time being president. I know I would. I also hope you get free time. How did you get to spend time with family and do the election? Also can you really bend the rules? If you can please make children do less homework. Especially on holidays. On holidays they load us with homework. One last request. I promise it's my last one. Can you make Friday a weekend like Saturday and Sunday?

Sincerely,
Darnell

Dear President Obama,

Congratulations on your win to be president of the United States of America. What are you going to change about littering, gas, and wars? Are you going to make hunting stop? Are you going to lower taxes? Are you going to give more money to schools? What are you going to do about stock markets? What are you going to do about parking spaces? What are you going to do about more jail time, book store prices, gas prices, robbers, the laws, houses, and long lines in Pathmark?

Your Biggest Fan,
Rafi

Dear Barack Obama,

My name is Shareef and I am writing to you to say congratulations on being the first black President. Your wife must be very proud of you. Also your kids too must be proud. Also I'm African American too and I might be just like you. When you get to the white house please try to stop the war for once and for all. Obama I'm very proud of you especially my mom. She's really proud because she woke up 5:30 AM to go vote for you and I went with her. Please write back to me when you get a chance. To tell you, I'm nine years old in the 4th grade. Obama, you're the man.

Sincerely,
Shareef

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#465820 - 11/06/08 04:09 PM Re: MY Letter to the New President [Re: John Lee Hookum]
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everwet
Now how about equal time for Tommy, Billy, Susie, and Sally?

#465826 - 11/06/08 04:16 PM Re: MY Letter to the New President [Re: nookie dreamin']
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

No problem, but Tommy, Billy, Susie, and Sally have to write their own letters.

#465831 - 11/06/08 04:25 PM Re: MY Letter to the New President [Re: Salmo g.]
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everwet
rofl

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BrianL, John Gift, LittleZoZo, Rigndip, Shaft
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 270 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12612
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63806 Topics
645758 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |