Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63506 - 08/01/01 02:40 AM I'm back... Odds and Ends
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Hello Everyone,

OK, back from the "dry" heat of Vegas - it hit 115 on the weekend. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad! (quite an interesting experience to say the least).
We did a 4 hour raft trip on the Colorado river below Hoover Dam, where the record stripped bass was caught - I think it was 62+ pounds.
eek
I have a ton of reports to post and I'll be getting to that the next couple of days. I also have contest winners to announce as well. Hang in there and I'll get all this stuff updated. smile

#63507 - 08/01/01 10:38 AM Re: I'm back... Odds and Ends
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
Welcome back. How's the wallet? BTW, those drinks, when you're gambling, are not really "free", at least in my case.

Did you see any of those big rainbows they catch below the dam? I have been fortunate enough to float the entire Grand Canyon three times. There are some very nice fish in that river! As you can guess, most have never seen a fly. Seems like most people going down forget that you can fish.

Looking forward to the reports.

#63508 - 08/01/01 09:22 PM Re: I'm back... Odds and Ends
Mike C Offline

Hi Micro Brew,
We hit it big on the nickel slots (my comfort level). My wife won $500 on the 3rd spin. I think we ended the week up just about $500 up. The gambling isn't something we get too heavy into - I know the odds!
Didn't see any bows, just carp. Our guide did mention that the stripe bass really enjoy the trout that are planted below the dam (numbering over one million). So I guess that's the real purpose of the trout hatchery, to feed the trophy strippers.
rolleyes
I posted 16 reports today and have a bunch more for tommorrow. What will take longer is getting to the Featured Lake Contest. This weekend we are going to Westport so it'll have to wait for next week I guess. frown
BTW, I think our next trip that way we are going to hit the Grand Canyon as well and do another float trip. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it. We stopped a few times to swim and cool off in the 100+ degree weather - but the water temp is something like 52 degrees! So we were given towls to wet and hang on our necks. This kept us cool all the way down to the take out point. The swimming was the most refreshing experience I've ever had. Instantly cooled you off, and a couple minutes after coming out the chill from the water was gone. Definately the best trip to Vegas we've ever had. If you have some contact web sites for Grand Canyon trips you can recommend please post them.

#63509 - 08/02/01 11:36 AM Re: I'm back... Odds and Ends
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
My experience in floating "The Canyon" has been multi day trips, at least 8-9 days. There are some shorter, day type trips but access to the canyon is very limited.

My friend operates Grand Canyon Expeditions, www.gcex.com. They operate dory & raft trips. Due to the limited time I can take off from work, I have only gone on the rafts. I would love a dory trip but they are typically two weeks. It is a great trip and you do spend a lot of time exploring the side canyons. The put in is at Lee's Ferry, near Page. The take out is either Diamond Creek or a jet boat trip to Pierce's Ferry on Lake Mead.

#63510 - 08/02/01 10:31 PM Re: I'm back... Odds and Ends
Mike C Offline

That sounds like an awesume trip. Maybe someday...

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 882 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |