LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64302 - 12/16/01 09:43 PM What do I do?
Fishboy5 Offline
Parr

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
Right now I guess that the thing to fish for is chums. I have NO idea what to do. I am desperate.
I know how to fish for them, but the closes place that I know of is by Bellvue. Does anyone know any places to fish for chums near Battle Ground? I am only 15 so cannot drive and need a place that is close. I also can fish only when my parents will take me. I actually turn 25 in two weeks, so do I need any kind of a permit to fish for chums? I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks confused

#64303 - 12/16/01 10:10 PM Re: What do I do?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
To fish for chums in a river you need a freshwater license. Be wary of seasons though. A lot of salmon water, statewide, closes November 30. The Green is open for salmon till December 31st. The Nisqually is open late till January 31st. After that it is all STEELHEAD. cool

#64304 - 12/16/01 10:43 PM Re: What do I do?
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by fishboy5:
I am only 15 so cannot drive and need a place that is close. I also can fish only when my parents will take me. I actually turn 25 in two weeks...

Wow, your really aging fast! Going from 15 to 25 in two weeks?! j/k

Hey, no major chum runs around here that I know of. I know there are a FEW chums in the local streams, but no one ever catches them and after all they're endangered...so closest chums would be in the rivers up north that everybody on this BB is talking about. Good luck if you somehow find a way to get up there. smile

#64305 - 12/17/01 08:07 PM Re: What do I do?
Fishboy5 Offline
Parr

I wish that I was turning 25, but sadly, I simply had a typo. Thanks for the help though. I guess that I'll just have to go on being depressed like most everyone else until the water warms up a bit. Really is a bummer though that there isn't much to fish here when up north they are putting in another hatchery on the green and they've already got what I hear is one of the best chum runs in Washington.
But hey! I should look on the bright side. I can chat with you guys and learn something for a change. Oh ya, maybe you'll be the ones doing the learning. HA! cool

#64306 - 12/18/01 10:00 AM Re: What do I do?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

FB5, DON'T BE SAD!! I wish I lived in your part of the state. You have excellent river fishing (Kalama, Cowlitz, Lewis, Washougal, and of course the mighty Columbia.
Plus you have great lakes too. Try Klineline Pond, Kress, Silver, Horseshoe or Battlegraund Lakes. Seems like WDFW is always stocking lakes in your part of town, even through the winter months. I usually make a trip down to your part of the state in February (my B-day) to do some fishing. I am always reading about lakes and rivers in the southern part of the state and sit around dreaming about fishing them. You are better off than you think.
CHEER UP! wink

#64307 - 12/18/01 02:28 PM Re: What do I do?
Fishboy5 Offline
Parr

You're probably right. But then again, I don't have anything to fish rivers. All I'm set up for is basically anything under 20 pounds. That's why I wanted to fish chums on the Green. Oh well. My uncle got a boat and he'll probably let me borrow it. He only lives a few miles from Horshoe lake. I've only fished there a few times but only caught a few little trout, all under 5 inches. If you're going down there, there's this place up alongside the road on the side that you park. They have a place that they let river water in. A lot of fish congregate there, but so do the fisherman. If you can get a boat and get over that spot, it's great.
If you're coming down here in February, I might be able to hook you up with a private pond owner that has steelhead spawn at his place. They might be Kokane though, I've only been told that they're in there. The problem is that I need to contact the owner. I know that there are perch and crappie in there though, but not what you'd be after.
Thanks smile

#64308 - 12/18/01 02:52 PM Re: What do I do?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

That sounds great FB5! I do have a boat and when I venture down your way in February I usually fish Horseshoe Lake from it. Maybe we can "hook" up then. cool

#64309 - 12/20/01 06:57 PM Re: What do I do?
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
Hey fishboy, there are Chum runs of fishable size in some of the rivers out around the Naselle area.
Most are Native runs and they are in the smaller streams like the S. Nemah. I'll let you discover the others. C&R,these are Native runs.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1011 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |