Three Rivers Marine

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#767607 - 06/22/12 10:35 AM Re: Red Tide **** [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Would someone please "fix" the photo above? Clearly it needs some additions......

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#767730 - 06/22/12 04:14 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: Jason Beezuz]
redhook
Unregistered

i dont ride motorcycles anymore...about 10 years ago i crashed and tore my ACL, PCL, MCL, blew the Miniscus out and broke my Tibial Platue... so yeah, that was the end of that...

donno, kiss my a$$...

#767757 - 06/22/12 05:23 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: redhook
i dont ride motorcycles anymore...about 10 years ago i crashed and tore my ACL, PCL, MCL, blew the Miniscus out and broke my Tibial Platue... so yeah, that was the end of that...

Voila.

#767761 - 06/22/12 05:36 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

perhaps you should go to the redhook addiction clinic...

#767766 - 06/22/12 05:46 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

funny part about crashing the bike, i got scared about riding for a bit, then messed around on some GSR 50s that were kinda sketchy, and some 125s and such but didnt like them... then after my dad died, my stupid a$$ decided to take my moms 99 Harley FXR2 Custom down the road... if you dont know what an FXR2 is, its basically an Evo motor crammed into a Sportster frame (not actually a Sporty, but small size)... and i hammered on it like i do with dirt bikes... scared the crap out of myself... on the way back, since i wasnt used to the braking system on the big twin bikes, i hit the rear too hard and locked up the back tire and got squirley... and that was the last time i ever rode a bike with the exception of doing smoke shows on it in the garage...

dont have much interest in it anymore... and am actually worried about my brother...

#767767 - 06/22/12 05:50 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Originally Posted By: redhook
tore my ACL, PCL, MCL, blew the Miniscus out and broke my Tibial Platue... and shiaat my drawers ..again...

#767779 - 06/22/12 06:43 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
2many

Dr Bramwell's dad was my family physician when I was a kid in Bremerton.

#767780 - 06/22/12 06:44 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

always go to a doc that has major expierience in something like that... mine was Dr. David P. Ruoff, he does alot of work on Seahawks and such... i didnt need surgery but i had 9 months of PT, and wore a brace for over 2 years, and it still gives me problems today hyper extending and going sideways...is what it is tho...

my brother rides a 05 Honda CRF450R that has been bored, custom header, pipe, head work, ect and is extremely fast, im seriously worried about him... but he wont listen to me... the bike will eat up 500s daily without an issue.... scary...

my cousin ran into a cattle gate (the barb wire ones) way up north once, the wire cut half way through his body, and to the bone on both of his arms... he lived, but has some nasty scars...

bikes arent something to take carelessly, you will die... my dad had multiple friends that were killed on bikes, and i remember the look on his face every single time...

#767792 - 06/22/12 07:09 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Somehow I wasn't surprised to read that Redhook's mother had a Harley. Or that his brother's Honda isn't stock; if it were stock, it wouldn't belong to anyone in Redhook's family.

And wire that cuts half way through the body does have a way of leaving nasty scars. Lots of evidence that the learning curve in Redhook's family is . . . flat. And it just keeps on coming.

#767794 - 06/22/12 07:12 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

yeah, i use it all tho... when i rode it was always balls out, when a bunch of us would race at my friend property in Cooke Canyon next to Clockum, i never lost... untill one day, my friend brought out a built CR500 and i was riding a built XR200.. it had a speedo on it, and i was going 60 MPH and he blew by me like i was tied to a stump, splattering me with a nice 50 foot rooster tail of gravel from the road... i lost that race...

if you want to even bother reading this, here is what happened when i crashed...

my friend Jake, had crashed that day (Memorial Day weekend, probably 01 or 02 cant remember) on a jump we had built on a tweaked 200R Honda 3 wheeler... he hit the jump, and the a$$ end clapped the top of it and fliped him about 15 feet in the air then upside down, and the bike landed directly on him, cutting an artery in his leg.. it was spraying blood everywhere and rather gross, he went to the hospital... my other friends left after that to get hom and beat traffic, so i was bored, and pissed at the same time, so i decided to go hammer on the bike for a bit... his driveway is around 2-300 yards long, kinda turny but has some nice straights... there is a section that has a bump, that is about 20 feet to the other bump where it drops down and we used to jump it... well, i was going WAY too fast... 5th gear, maxed out...

hit the jump, landed on the other side and got squirrley, didnt take my hand off the gas tho, and used my weight to correct the slide, started going the other way, used my weight to slide the rear back right, head for the corner, as i did that, the rear hit a large rock that was in the grass off the side of the drive way that we didnt know was there... i was thrown 50+ feet (probably going around 40-50 MPH, and landed in the driveway, the bike was 150 feet away in the field next to the driveway.. axle destroyed, frame bent, handlebars bent, ect... i had to sit there for a second to collect myself, and then hobbled the 100 yards to the house where my ex was taking a nap and didnt even know what had happened... i stupidly went to sleep, thank god nothing happened, but my friend came home later that night (11 or so) and saw me laying there with blood on my face and frozen peas and other crap wrapped around my knee...

i didnt go to the hospital till the next day, because i am stubborn... i also thought it was just a bad sprain, as i have sprained my ankles numerous times skating during the 10 years i did that... nope, way worse doc said...they didnt realize till i told them what happened, that my friend crashed on the same exact bike just a couple hours before he was there... they told us to get rid of the bike, and i told them it was already destroyed lol...

he got 16 stitches, and i got what i got...

i can laugh about it now, but that sh!t hurt... i also lost my nice 31 gram gold chain that flew off in the distance when i crashed... that whole ordeal cost me alot of time, money, and i will probably need surgery later on in life, as it still gives me trouble...

so now i mess around in cars...

#767795 - 06/22/12 07:15 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

I am trying to keep my mouth shut.

Heeeee's baaaaaaaaack.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#767796 - 06/22/12 07:21 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

my mother rode that bike i think once, my dad paid the 16 grand for it because well, he could... and it mainly just sat around with the exception of him and my brother riding it every once a year or so... my dad also had 2 more, a Dyna Wide Glide, and this one, a Heritage Softail that my brother now has and rides alot...

salmo, my familys "learing curve" is far than flat... Insurance brokers, some of the best carpenters in the country, bankers, my grandfather whome was a proffessor (Theology) at Harvard , and also Colombia University.. then went to become one of the lead design engineers on the Boeing 757... store owners, competition archery shooters and national champions... alot of things, that are far from "flat"

you are just narrow minded, and an honry old a$$ that has nothing better to do...

baby zing...?

#767801 - 06/22/12 07:25 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Just a wild guess that only in Redhook's family would a theology professor be the lead designer of the 757.

I'm not narrow minded. I just piece together the material you post and infer conclusions where A leads to B leads to C leads to D, etc. It's all based on what you post.

#767803 - 06/22/12 07:30 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: Salmo g.]
redhook
Unregistered

no, its all based on how you read it, and "piece" it together... take a different approach, you will get different results...

whats wrong with growing up on the East Coast, then moving here after getting married and working for a company like Boeing?

my grandfather was also extrememly interested in fish.. all kids of fish, and the microscope slides, and books i have show that interest.. probably part of the reason i loved them so much since i was about 3...

#767805 - 06/22/12 07:31 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

Arrrrgggg.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#767809 - 06/22/12 07:39 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: JTD]
Hippie

Damn, Redhook. You live a dangerous lifestyle! Your insurance must be expensive!

#767812 - 06/22/12 07:41 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
redhook
Unregistered

i dont have insurance, which is why i cant get my health issue looked at, which is why i was taking a couple days away from here to reflect upon that...

im not a pussy and rarely go to the doctor anyways, no matter what the issue is...

some call that stubborn....

#767813 - 06/22/12 07:43 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

hey Mods, can we move this to the other section, it hasnt been about fish or anything to do with fishing of any kind since my first 2 posts and doesnt belong here...

#767815 - 06/22/12 07:47 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: ]
Hippie

Originally Posted By: FishPrince
You don't need insurance for a motorcycle.

I was referring to his (non-existent) health insurance which would have theoretically been used to treat all of his past, self-caused ailments.

But alas, we paid those bills.

#767817 - 06/22/12 07:49 PM Re: Red Tide [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
redhook
Unregistered

but alas, you havent paid crap for me... i had better insurance than probably most of you on this board till about a year after my dad died... i have been to the hospital 1 time during that time frame, in that 6 year time frame... and paid for it...

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bassmaster, jensen2592, PaulS, ROBYNS, SHARPSHOOTER
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 552 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63816 Topics
645857 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |