Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#850642 - 08/02/13 05:17 PM Re: "It's Classified" [Re: Dave Vedder]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Merriam-Webster
Definition of FASCISM
often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control <early instances of army fascism and brutality — J. W. Aldridge>

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#850650 - 08/02/13 05:34 PM Re: "It's Classified" [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Rev.
Dan S. I don't really understand how this thread morphed, but if you really want to know, here you are. I ran my own small business for 35 years, and now watching big business has become somewhat of a (hobby).

So you have no idea if the Obama administration has brought about any changes in the way a business operates - other than what you hear from the media?

I can tell you right now that I've seen NO significant change.

ymmv

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#850655 - 08/02/13 05:51 PM Re: "It's Classified" [Re: Dan S.]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
If it weren't for the media I wouldn't know that Barrack Obama is the president. Tell me Dan, is he?

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#850660 - 08/02/13 06:01 PM Re: "It's Classified" [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Originally Posted By: FishPrince
Right wing vs Left wing is an arbitrary distinction crafted to limit the range of acceptable opinion, you can have an authoritarian right wing or an authoritarian left wing government. Instead of going right and left back and forth on the authoritarian communitarian axis, why not go up towards individual liberty instead?

I tend to agree. I have often observed that in some areas the far left and the far right converge. I see this with freedom of speech and issues related to search and seizure. Unfortunately both American parties are willing to ignore their core principles to pander to their base.

#850669 - 08/02/13 06:39 PM Re: "It's Classified" [Re: Dave Vedder]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
What are the additional regulations, Hank?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#850671 - 08/02/13 06:42 PM Re: "It's Classified" [Re: Dave Vedder]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder
Originally Posted By: FishPrince
Right wing vs Left wing is an arbitrary distinction crafted to limit the range of acceptable opinion, you can have an authoritarian right wing or an authoritarian left wing government. Instead of going right and left back and forth on the authoritarian communitarian axis, why not go up towards individual liberty instead?

I tend to agree. I have often observed that in some areas the far left and the far right converge. I see this with freedom of speech and issues related to search and seizure. Unfortunately both American parties are willing to ignore their core principles to pander to their base.

Bingo........on both accounts.

#851008 - 08/05/13 07:34 PM Re: "It's Classified" [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Hank posted this c & p: ". . . It is totalitarian in that it views everything as political and holds that any action by the state is justified to achieve the common good. It takes responsibility for all aspects of life, including our health and well-being and seeks to impose uniformity of thought and action, whether by force or through regulation and social pressure. Everything, including the economy and religion, must be aligned with its objectives. Any rival identity is part of the "problem" and therefore defined as the enemy."

Hank, you just defined Bush/Cheney/Rove. Were they your favorite facists?

#851099 - 08/06/13 03:01 PM Re: "It's Classified" [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Whatsa' matter Hank, don't you remember. Remember both Bush and Rove were quoted as saying "everything is political" and "either you're with us or against us." Pure good ole fashion totalitarianism/fascism.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jason H, niceshot, OFISHAL, OFISHALL, pin4life, skydrifter
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 705 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12612
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63812 Topics
645793 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |