BigLing BigLing, whatcha gonna do... whatcha gonna do when when I ling for you!!!

Decided to go out again tonight... I'll put up pics tomorrow of the monsters i'll be throwing in the boat. Below is my report from the weekend!

Hope you all put some fish in the boat and meat in the fridge this weekend. BigLing was back in action putting mighty kings in the boat like Tiger puts X's in his black book.

So here is the deal as promised I delivered, but not with any monsters...

Friday Night: 7pm to 9pm

Fished Area 9 hard for two hours Friday night. Went one for two. The tides we less than spectacular, trying to fish the bait trapped in a massive rip, but it was not the best of times (nor was it the worst of times) I have had this past week. The keeper was average for the area, 14lbs. It was clear the bite had slowed; dropping from six hits on Tuesday to only two... One in the boat called it a night and went home to get ready for Saturday.

Saturday Morning: 5am to 9:30am

Hit the water early on Saturday... Moving to North Area 10. The morning started off slow with no hits until 6:45 a little later than normal. First hit landed a 16.5 lber, but the high fin earner him freedom. Second real release came at 8:15 resulting in a 11lb keeper. Not seeing any other nets, but only about five boats around. Circling back yielded three more keepers, 9lber, another 11lber, and the big fish 13lbs. Fish were on the smaller side and bite still seemed slow until later. My buddy and I were happy to be limited by and off the water by 10:30am. Much hotter action than previous evening at our spot in Area 9. We decided to try again at Point NP on Sunday and roll the dice in Area 9.

Sunday Morning: 5am to 8am

Bull$hit, Bull$hit, Bull$hit !!! Started at P'NP at 5am not a single hit. Moved at 6:30 and at 7:30 got hooked on a really nice hog. Unfortunately threw the hook and that was that. Ran one more pass fishing hard with 70' and 90' covered, but no second chance. Saw two nets come out and probably could have kept trying and switch over setups. In the name of mental sanity we called it at 8am and headed home empty handed.

Summary: Bite has cooled in Area 9 (see thread title from when I posted days ago). All seems slow in general likely due to the moon phase (tides for you home gammers) and misalignment with twilights. Area 10 a little more productive, but few quality fish. Going to move to some fall back spots later this week, but fishing will remain so-so through mid week at the least. Hope some one got the big one...

Fish on,

BigLing (the myth man, the ledend, the linger)

When you were young
and you fished a barbed hook
You used to say live and let live
you know you Ling
you know you Ling
you know you Ling
But if this ever changin sea
in which we ling in
Makes you give in and cry
Say ling and let die
Ling and let die