The line you use needs to be dictated by the fishing situation. I like to use the superbraids when fishing from a downrigger or when jigging for bottomfish. The extremely low stretch allows you to detect a strike or pickup when you have a lot of line out. The smaller diameter to pounds test ratio also allows for less drag on the line. However, I always use 8-10 feet of mono between the superbraid and my gear. I feel its gives me a little bit of "shock-absorber" when I have someone down there shaking their head. I also find that it gives me a little bit of forgiveness when setting the hook. When I first started using the superbraids I found I was setting the hook too hard and with zero stretch I believe I was actually ripping the hooks out of the fishes mouth. Another good use for the superbraid is float fishing on the river. I feel that the superbraids float better than mono lines and are easier to mend when working a float. It's also easier to pick up the slack line when setting the hook because it doesn't stretch. However, be sure that your drag is set proper. The line will come tight quickly with no stretch a tight drag can quickly rip the hooks out of a fishes mouth during an aggressive take down and hook set. There is no forgiveness in these lines. For most other river and lake fishing conditions I still use a good quality mono. such as Trilene or Maxima.