LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#140718 - 02/13/02 09:25 PM I just straightened my tackle box out! and got a couple questions
Fishnhide Offline
Parr

Loc: Redmond
I got another question, (i sure do ask a lot)...

I just cleaned out my box, and for some reason, I have 4 prolly 20 year old spools of line.. Nothing wrong with them, but do they deteriate or anything?

I like to use treble hooks for Buzz Bombs, and need some new ones, any brand exceptionally well? I usually just buy those eagle ones, but have a feeling there are beter ones smile

I heard you can get a solution to just drop your rusty hooks in and all the rust just dissapears, is that true?

I got some like netting stuff for eggs a while ago, for a present and have no clue what it is for or how to use it... could I get some tips?

I got some more, but I'll waite to see if you guys can anwser these smile

Ben

P.S. If you ever have a paintball question ask me cuz i KNOW that stuff smile

#140719 - 02/13/02 10:23 PM Re: I just straightened my tackle box out! and got a couple questions
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
I would throw the line away.I would not trust line that old unless It is a real heavy test. smile

I do not fish trebles so no help there. smile

Rusty hooks again I would toss them.The rust us going to weeken,dull and create more drag on penitration. smile

The netting you got is used to wrap loose eggs or other baits up.You need to find some crazy string at alocal tacle shop.It is elastic thread that is usualy red in color.You cut the netting into squares and put the eggs or baits in the center.Then pull up the corners and wrap with the crazy string.The nice thing about the crazy string is that you do not have to tie a knot,just wrap and trim.Then trim the excess netting of the top and you should have a little bait ball.I use them sometimes during summer fishing only I use 3or4 pautzkys.I like the netting because it takes awhile for the trout and smolt to chew them up,giving the bigger fish a chance.Bob has a bait described on this site called tuna balls,I think it is in the fishing hints and he may use the netting you have I am not sure?check it out smile

#140720 - 02/13/02 10:53 PM Re: I just straightened my tackle box out! and got a couple questions
Fishnhide Offline
Parr

Would it be good in Saltwater (the egg package)

#140721 - 02/13/02 11:23 PM Re: I just straightened my tackle box out! and got a couple questions
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
I have never heard of them being used in the salt but creative minds........ wink

#140722 - 02/14/02 12:37 PM Re: I just straightened my tackle box out! and got a couple questions
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Why would you want to clean it out. Now you probly can't find anything. Jim S. laugh

#140723 - 02/14/02 08:35 PM Re: I just straightened my tackle box out! and got a couple questions
FISHNBRAD Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton,WA
fishnhide, I use VMC conecut or Owner( the latter a bit more spendy) in #1 and #2 I think your other questions have been answered. Good luck!

#140724 - 02/14/02 10:31 PM Re: I just straightened my tackle box out! and got a couple questions
Fishnhide Offline
Parr

Quote:
Originally posted by FISHNBRAD:
fishnhide, I use VMC conecut or Owner( the latter a bit more spendy) in #1 and #2 I think your other questions have been answered. Good luck!
is that treb hooks your talking about? I assume

THanks for the reply,
BEn

#140725 - 02/15/02 02:05 PM Re: I just straightened my tackle box out! and got a couple questions
FISHNBRAD Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton,WA
That would be the trebble hook alright, I've tried siwash when i'm just out for CNR but you will miss alot more fish. remember to crimp the barbs on all hooks single or trebble. Good luck!

#140727 - 02/15/02 06:27 PM Re: I just straightened my tackle box out! and got a couple questions
Fishnhide Offline
Parr

Whatever you like aunty...

I sadly frown dont do any river fishing, (if anyone ever wants to show me how and loan me some gear..... smile

So I have 1 box, with good casting, a few bottom fish, and a few trolling, with a flasher in the bottom.. Another box with all the less used, and never used that I dont want to throw away, and a 3rd smaller one for fly fishing which I have just started to get into...

then I have wine coks up top to cover the sharp point of big bottom fishing lures, and line down bottom, and pliers, and files, and a little nasty smelly jelly.. (i want the hering juice, where do i get it?)

side note: are casting nets ok in WA?

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bassmaster, jensen2592, PaulS, ROBYNS, SHARPSHOOTER
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, 1 invisible), 1045 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63816 Topics
645852 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |