Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#162694 - 10/19/02 12:45 AM FLAME SPRAYED
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Marine Area 13
Gotta love email....

Was checking my account and noticed a subject line of "HEY S**THEAD - UR F***ING UP OUR SPOT!" Probably should have deleted before opening... Anyways, the guy (I assume) has a mouth worse than a Chief Bos'n, calls me every name in the book, says I am arrogant, and I am giving away the secret spot and turning it into Point Defiance (yeah right...nothing worse than that zoo). This was all based on my post "Blackmouth Time."

I haven't replied yet and probably won't either... But if you read this:

(1) Nothing wrong with sharing info on fishing the sound... There's a lot of water and a lot of fish.
(2) Leave your name next time spineless.
(3) GET OVER IT! I am (deep breath)

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter

#162695 - 10/19/02 12:50 AM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
You tell 'em DR! smile

#162696 - 10/19/02 02:21 AM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
Capt. Steelhead Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Orchard,WA
DR, I beleive were all here to learn and share ideas I commend your gonads.

#162697 - 10/19/02 10:46 AM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
baitboy Offline
Smolt

Loc: Tacoma, Washington USA
DownR,

Keep up the good works, just another true Sportsman showing off his e-mail talents.

#162698 - 10/19/02 11:36 AM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Well if that is the case, then everything I told folks about Sekiu for the past two years is a joke. No fish there. Don't bother. Don't want to be flamed. Please forgive me.

Yeeeeaaaaaaah right!

Reply to the guy to blow it out his arse. Good Job!

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#162699 - 10/19/02 12:26 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
That's too bad. I wouldn't worry about it. Unfortunately, not everyone who has finally learned how to type has become a civil human being yet.

I for one, was appreciative for your data, and will continue to share data about the popular rivers and spots that I fish. My rule - if the boat ramp parking lot can hold 30 trucks and trailers, and the lot was half full or more when I was there, it's probably not so secret that I will worry about it.

And in saltwater, for crying out loud, there's tons of room and fish. What is the point?

#162700 - 10/19/02 12:58 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
DeKuma Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Covington, WA
I have gotten email asking me to not talk about a secret spot while fishing for silvers in the sound. This guy however left his name and was very pleasant about his request. I can appreciate that he wants to keep it low key, though I may not agree with him.
I came to this site to learn and to share, that is what I will continue to do, though I learn far more than I share. You guys have all been great!

Thanks for being here and sharing your vast knowledge with the rest of us!

#162701 - 10/19/02 01:34 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington
That's too bad Downriggin'. Not everyone with a license knows how to drive. I appreciated hearing about one of my old favorite spots in the South Sound. As far as I know the Puget Sound doesn't count as a zipper lip
James

#162702 - 10/19/02 02:40 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
Since I was the guy that inquired about the spot.....

To whomever wrote that juvenile e-mail to downriggin: Please do us all a favor and go away and don't come back. IF you don't have the testicular fortitude to actually say who you are and present your case in a manner that has merrit.....tough.

The Puget Sound, last time I checked, was not really a 'zipperlip' location. It has many migratory and resident fish. If you can't stand the company of other fishermen out ther.....don't come out to fish.

If you have a problem with this just be brave enough to mention who you are and we will be glad to 'discuss' our difference of opinion with you.

Next thing you know he will be claiming Hood Canal as his zipperlip fishing location...... rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

#162703 - 10/19/02 02:59 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
I'm pretty sure we just had a problem like this not to long ago. Someone(won't say his name) wasn't to happy about a zipper river up north or something. Freedom of speech people. How anyone can freak out about a guy posting of a successful trip with his daughter, is amazing to me.

It is far from impossible for anyone of us to find out about a new local to go fishing with a little bit of research. So being rude and unwilling to share is just delaying the inevitable of finding it on our own. Its a little more understandable about a river(because of snaggers) but in the sound you don't have near the number of @$$holes out there.
my .02 1/2 cents.

#162704 - 10/19/02 09:51 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

I didn't reply... Probably should have, but I didn't want to start a pissing match and lower my standards.

My thought process on sharing information is this... I have been blessed to learn for some of the best salmon fisherman on the art. When I can help others out, it makes me feel better. In a sense, I am continuing, hopefully, a long cycle that will continue when I am gone. However, we never will know everything there is to know... Someone was there for me that take took time to help me out. In turn, I'll freely share what I know with those that ask. That makes "us" (collectively) better.

With that, I will continue to provide reports on the Sound and you folks keep your questions coming.... By no means am I a professional however, I'll do my best to answer or point you in the right direction.

It's times like this that makes this forum better and stronger. Thanks for your support!

Hope to see a few of you at Green Pt tomorrow.

Downriggin'

#162705 - 10/20/02 11:42 AM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
Hey DR,
Did you have to mention Pt. Def in your original post? Now everybody is going to be there! Next you'll be talking about Southworth or Dolphin Pt or Shipwreck or that super secret C-Q. Oooops did I say all those places out loud?? Keep up the good work DR and keep on catching those Black mouth!! (oops, now people will know that there are Black mouth in the Sound!)

#162706 - 10/20/02 02:42 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

UM,

How was the trip up North? DD hasn't mentioned anything to me.

Downriggin'

#162707 - 10/20/02 06:58 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
DR,
The trip to Hi-Hium was awesome! Started kind of slow until we had a wicked storm come thru on Tuesday, rain, wind, hail and snow! Then it was Fish on from there on out. Lots 20" + Kamloops Rainbows with a few to 5lbs and one at about 7lbs. Got a couple nights of decent dry fly action, but most was on nymph's and a new blood worm pattern that I need to start tying for next year.

When you and DD get back I need to get my boat down to your neck of the woods and chase some of those BM's! Have a safe trip!!

#162708 - 10/20/02 09:29 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Hey, I just got back from Tillamook - who let the cat out of the bag there? laugh Fall Chinook? what Fall Chinook? I'm just trying to catch these 4" sculpins that keep taking my eggs and shrimp (BTW Easy, nice eggs, no luck with the fish though).

#162709 - 10/21/02 05:43 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Downriggin:
[QB]I didn't reply... Probably should have, but I didn't want to start a pissing match and lower my standards.

Actually I think you've done the best possible thing you could do. You didn't get into it with him directly, you continued to do what you feel is your right as well as the right thing to do.

Not only that, but you did what he was trying to avoid by contacting you directly, which is bring more attention to your original post (and thus his zipperlip PS location rolleyes ) by bringing it back to the board. The guy is probably fuming now because he knows he can't win. LMAO!

I appreciate your attitude, by the way. There are those of us that can use all the help we can get. shocked

#162710 - 10/21/02 05:54 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
I have enjoyed reading your posts downrigg'n. You are providing a hopeful message to many of us who have got out there many times after blackmouth and come home empty. I don't fish area 13, but I think this could be great blackmouth season.

#162711 - 10/21/02 07:41 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
MissingAddi Offline
Alevin

Loc: Sumner
I rarely post but I read all the boards consistently. This one I just had to get my .02 in on. I specifically remember reading your post and thinking to myself that this is one of the better post for sharing of info. I really appreciated reading it even though I don't own a boat and will probably never fish there.
I once posted highly detailed information on a specific spot on the Puyallup river that I fish quite often then watched the crowd to see if it grew. IT DID NOT. I personally think that it does not make a difference but that is just from personal experience. I would like to hear what others have to say on this subject.
I congratulate you on your ability to restrain yourself from flaming back.

#162712 - 10/21/02 08:10 PM Re: FLAME SPRAYED
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Thanks for the report's DR!
Keep your chin up.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bassmaster, jensen2592, PaulS, ROBYNS, SHARPSHOOTER
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (DrifterWA), 897 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63816 Topics
645850 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |