THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#212958 - 09/29/03 11:28 AM Re: Why should WDFW have your Social Security#?
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
Not to get sidetracked from the original post, but now another question comes to mind. This is not intended to bash the tribes, so please do not get started on that line of thinking! With that being said, as far as I know, don't native Indians still have to have a state driver's license to drive off reservation lands?

If so, are they also "required" by Clinton's law to also give the state a "social security number before they can get their drivers licenses? Or do special groups or races have special exemptions to this law? So what do the Canadians do if they come over to Washington and buy a non resident fishing license? What social security number are they going to use?

What happens when if you're still just a kid (15-18 years old) and you have never worked for wages yet and you have not applied for, nor received a "social security number"? Does the "state" have the legal right to "force" a person under 18 to secure a social security number just in order to go fishing or hunting?

Where is the ACLU or other civil rights groups when we really need them?

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#212959 - 09/29/03 12:52 PM Re: Why should WDFW have your Social Security#?
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Florida
CFM.............
Refer to my earlier threads..

My guess would be that they do disclose it, or they do not and because of the law forbidding the forcing of disclosure and the tribes ability and willingness to sue, they do not force them.

MC

Oh, and BTW, we are the wrong sex, color, and race for the ACLU to give $.02 about us.... (not including all board members in that, just many of us)

"Equal Rights" are not "Special Rights"........

#212960 - 09/30/03 01:58 AM Re: Why should WDFW have your Social Security#?
w. coyote Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett Wa.
CF
You should go and actually talk to a dealer or a WDFW regional office. The SSN is only required for your first initial purchace. The data you give them is then saved into a data base. You never have to give them your number again. Yuo are issued a wild ID number and you can use your drivers lisence #. Many dealers are lazey and ask for your ssn but you can tell them no and use one of your other choices. As for your paranoia about the "non state workers" Once you have given your number it is blacked out for any other further access. No one can see it. You might want to try an aluminum foil hat, I hear it might block big brother from reading your thoughts. The truth is out there Scully. rolleyes

#212961 - 09/30/03 11:58 AM Re: Why should WDFW have your Social Security#?
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

w. coyote

Since you're into the business of dealing with "sporting good sales", obviously you are either working with these state computers or your working with the folks who are using them.

Without trying to add to your little cutting "paranoid" remarks, if you reread what I had originally asked for in this thread, maybe you would not have needed to frame your last part of your answer in the fashion that you did. Do you always have such a big problem separating someone's legit questions from the meaning of the word "paranoid" ?

What I said was;

Quote:
"Since these people are trained in the use of these state computers, and are not state employees, is your Social Security number and other personal important information really being safeguarded or protected? I don't know the answers, so that is why I am asking you these questions!"
How in the devil can you get "I don't know the answers, so that is why I am asking you these questions!" mixed up with being paranoid? beathead

Your first part of your rely was very informative, but why did you feel so compelled to add your last little nip when you said;

Quote:
"No one can see it. You might want to try an aluminum foil hat, I hear it might block big brother from reading your thoughts. The truth is out there Scully. "
Your logic kind of reminds me of a time when millions of people were told that they were going to get to take a hot shower, and they believed what they were told; until the doors were locked and something else besides water filled the rooms.

Never again should people be afraid to ask why, or to question!

#212962 - 09/30/03 12:11 PM Re: Why should WDFW have your Social Security#?
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
CFM, not trying to cause any problems here. As part of my job I am the assistant Network administrator at my company. And my wife builds data bases for a living. Both of us have degrees in computers and computer networking. It is easy to ensure that people even those that work for the state cannot get to certain information. every person and computer on a network are assigned certain rights. And only the network admin can asign or change them.

If the admin dosen't want you to see something you can't. It is also possible to be able to see something but not change it known as "read only".

There are a number of different rights and combinations, but I am not going to try and go through them here. But this is the point, if it was to happen the person you should question would be the network admin. It is thier job to protect the data on the job sites network.

Hope this helps.

#212963 - 09/30/03 12:30 PM Re: Why should WDFW have your Social Security#?
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Thank you BW!

That's all I was looking and asking for, and I appreciate your reply without making any side nipping remarks.

Cowlitzfisherman thumbs

#212964 - 09/30/03 12:34 PM Re: Why should WDFW have your Social Security#?
Hairlipangler Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Edgewood
I was never told I had a choice. In fact, GI Joes told me I could not get a license without all of the information. So I would have to sue them to get licensed without giving up my SSN#. That's the way it is in my world. If in your world there is no big brother, good for you. But I like to keep my foot on his neck. If I dont, he has and will again "STEP ON MINE". I guess if you have something to lose (like a govt. job), all this "paranoid" talk is personally threatning. I dont, and it's not!

#212965 - 09/30/03 03:48 PM Re: Why should WDFW have your Social Security#?
weedwacker Offline
Alevin

Loc: copalis
No one forces you to give out your SS#. You have the choice of not buying a fishing liscence. Fishing is a privilage not a right. As is your drivers liscence. Remember felons do not have the right to vote, hunt, fish, or carry guns. So if you don't want to give out your SS# don't, but don't cry about not fishing. I personally think trying to nab dead beat fathers is a good thing for the state to try to do. How can anyone disagree with that.

#212966 - 09/30/03 04:09 PM Re: Why should WDFW have your Social Security#?
Plunker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Skagit Valley
Good attitude weedwacker.

Hey!
If they don't pay then throw them in prison.
If they still don't pay then hang them.
Problem solved. Real DEAD-beats don't go fishing.
laugh laugh laugh

#212967 - 09/30/03 04:14 PM Re: Why should WDFW have your Social Security#?
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
The last time I tryed any side nipping my wife beat the crap out of me. slap slap laugh

#212968 - 09/30/03 08:58 PM Re: Why should WDFW have your Social Security#?
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

For all you guys that just can't stand not to whack away at me

Move and click mouse-----then swat with the mouse and see what happens. Keep watching.

This will keep you busy on those days when you are really mad at me and have nothing better to do. laugh laugh

http://www.shockhaber.com/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.htm

#212969 - 10/01/03 01:40 AM Re: Why should WDFW have your Social Security#?
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by weedwacker:
No one forces you to give out your SS#. You have the choice of not buying a fishing liscence. Fishing is a privilage not a right. As is your drivers liscence. Remember felons do not have the right to vote, hunt, fish, or carry guns. So if you don't want to give out your SS# don't, but don't cry about not fishing. I personally think trying to nab dead beat fathers is a good thing for the state to try to do. How can anyone disagree with that.
Oh how right you are.... But coercion is wrong, and ILLEGAL! That is the problem. It becomes coercion when you cannot open a bank account, take out a loan, or work simply because you refuse to disclose your SSN. Sad thing is that when you refuse to disclose it, you are only exercising your right as the law states..... Then you are "punished" by not being given the "priviledge" to work, fish, buy, etc..... That is wrong. If we do not follow the law, we pay the penalty. So, when states, employers, banks, etc. to not follow the law, why do they not get in trouble for it?
Most people could care less about disclosing their SSN... That is fine, but they SHOULD care that they are not required to disclose it and the law states they cannot be "forced, compelled, or coerced" into disclosing it.

MC beathead

"Equal Rights" are not "Special Rights"........

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
GERRILYNN, imagonnagoafishin, Swami
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 958 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13412
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63815 Topics
645840 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |