Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#260072 - 11/03/04 05:45 PM Re: Bush Rocks
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
I am truly dissapointed looking at this from both sides, alot fo you are getting really nasty over this whole thing and why, nothing will change so why attack each other over it. There is a simple rule when I fish, NO POLITICS (except if we all pretty much know we agree) if not no mention. Religion, race issues, and abortion fall right behind those. Alot of people on this board don't know sh!t about the other people and how they are in real life but yet all manage to throw stones at people for no reason.
Next time you find yourself getting sucked into an argument on a BB, remeber this.. Agruing on the internet is like competing in the special olymipics, even if you win.... Your still a retard.

#260073 - 11/03/04 05:52 PM Re: Bush Rocks
stlhd_dreaming Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: maine
Quote:
Originally posted by willametteriveroutlaw:
Agruing on the internet is like competing in the special olymipics, even if you win.... Your still a retard.

But it is fun though isnt it

#260074 - 11/03/04 06:40 PM Re: Bush Rocks
affis Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Bellevue WA
Originally posted by willametteriveroutlaw:
Agruing on the internet is like competing in the special olymipics, even if you win.... Your still a retard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But it is fun though isnt it

#260075 - 11/03/04 06:49 PM Re: Bush Rocks
affis Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Bellevue WA
What a sad state of affairs, reading thru these postings. Half truths everywhere, hatred coming out of every seam, inability to even look at the other side. For shame! And then this sad post about handicapped people. I grew up with a brother who is retarded because of an automobile accident, and this made me damn mad. Isn't it really time we work together to solve problems. No one person is ever going to contain everything we want out of any position we take in politics. We basically hire politicians (through our votes) to do the compromising. I know I dabbled in politics at one point in time in my life, but had to get out of it because I had to compromise my own personal beliefs too much. Again, the post about retards crossed the line in my book.

#260076 - 11/03/04 07:00 PM Re: Bush Rocks
goforchrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: sammamish WA
Quote:
Originally posted by stlhd_dreaming:
Congrats to bush and his voters. So now when I retire and you retire there will be no Medicare and no Social Security. Cant blame bush when that happens you can only blame yourselves for voting for him.
If I recall correctly, the Clintons promised to fix that for you.
And more recently, John Kerry ('I have a plan...') promised to provide health care to everyone, balance the budget and not raise taxes. :rolleyes:
Yup, that's not a hollow campaign promise that is completely impossible.
Who could swallow such a claim?
Bush (Stupid) was smart enough not to make such promises.
That's why he won.
I must admit, Bush undid alot of progress that was made over the last few years.
Federal deficit that will hurt to deal with.
Environmental policies that are unforgiveable.
Corporate allegiances that are borderline criminal.
Riverman and Mike B...
cudos for thoughtful and reasoned responses.
Every president has inherited their situation from their predecessor and this one has the next four years to prove his worth.
I just could not see Kerry being the answer.

#260077 - 11/03/04 07:42 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Boonedawg Offline
Alevin

Loc: Hoquiam
Mine went away because of the spotted friggin owl. Thinking that one belongs to the tree huggin leftists. But hey I aint bitter I don't log no more but I can fish all the time now. ;\)

#260078 - 11/03/04 07:48 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you care about our fisheries reources then you can' possibly believe the next four years are going to be "better" for them with this same administration and a Congress even more inclined to do the administration's bidding than before.

There is no two ways about it folks, we are in for a long 4 years... I hope we can continue to restore our fish and I hope we can hold onto a steadily weakened Endangered Species Act.

#260079 - 11/03/04 07:58 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
One has to accept his role in the decline of the Salmon and mitigate that impact first before he can point the finger at someone else. By doing that he natually will take care of the governmental issues. I doubt most even have a clue as to their role in ecosystem or the cost for repairing the damage it does. But it sounds good here in the NW to say save the fish. .

#260081 - 11/03/04 08:34 PM Re: Bush Rocks
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Pacific NW salmon are not a national priority yet. Even in Olympia the issues surrounding our fish are not well known by the majority of the folks making the laws and rules that effect the fish. It is up to us to stop blaming the president for all our woes here and do something about them ourselves.

Start walking the talk and do something yourself.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#260082 - 11/03/04 09:38 PM Re: Bush Rocks
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Good point on the baby boomers AM. Time to move to Sweden or Minnesota for ya.
We have known for a lot longer than GB has been President that SS and Medicare were going to go broke so don't blame it on him. Mr. Clinton couldn't figure that one out either and you know it.

#260083 - 11/03/04 10:44 PM Re: Bush Rocks
The_Dead Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Des Moines Wa
Seriously guys the bush addmin. has practically the WORST environmental record of any modern president. Also, Clinton created a surpplus, somthing bush destroyed as soon as he set foot in the white house. Clinton was also a Pimp, which ovsiously bush isn't. Anyway we need to quit b1tching about politics and start talking about fishing, this is a fishing board not a political one.

#260084 - 11/03/04 10:48 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
okay, enough already. I hardly see much positive out of this thread.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bassmaster, jensen2592, PaulS, ROBYNS, SHARPSHOOTER
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Salmo g., DrifterWA), 751 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63816 Topics
645850 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |