Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#390328 - 11/20/07 10:42 PM got trampled today :/
deerslayer
Unregistered

spotted 4 elk in a clearing and stalked my stalk on them. they spooked so i took off in the direction i knew they were going. after about 30 minutes i made it around to where they should have been. and found their tracks already ahead of me. so i just fallowed them towards the river. sure enough they crossed the river...but i noticed that there were only 3 sets of tracks...hmmm. i seen the 3 elk walking down the river bank so i called and they just sat and watched me. just far enough into the trees i couldnt make a shot. bummer...so i called again and heard a branch break behind me on the river bank. looked up just in time to see this 500lb cow elk charging down right on top of me. i had just enough time to roll out of the way but not quick enough to get my knee out of the way and that big girl landed right on my left knee.

OUCH!!! the crappy thing about it is that i threw my bow up on the bank so it wouldnt get hit. and sure enough those 3 other elk walked right out onto the river bank 20yds from me and just watched me in pain. then they ran off as soon as i stood up to get my bow.

it was a long mile hike back to the truck with a bum knee. its fine just cut up and swallen. \:\( gonna be a hard day hunting tomarrow to find those big girls.

#390329 - 11/20/07 10:48 PM Re: got trampled today :/ [Re: ]
Fish Stalker Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: S.W. Washington
God damn that is out of control bro! glad your okay..is it any elk where you are? should of posted up on the 500lb no good down right dirty rotten elk!

#390344 - 11/20/07 11:37 PM Re: got trampled today :/ [Re: Fish Stalker]
deerslayer
Unregistered

im gonna be out at day break looking for that sum bitch. she had a radio collar around her neck so she will be easy to spot...that is if i see any elk lol...we hunted all day and didnt [censored] anything till a 3pm on our way home, then i get trampled and can barely walk.

anyway it was a awesome experience, ive had 2 this year now. one with a cougar that i wounded and stalked me. NOw this elk.

what next a bear crawling in my truck window to eat rice crispy treats out of my pocket? lmfao

#390345 - 11/20/07 11:40 PM Re: got trampled today :/ [Re: ]
deerslayer
Unregistered

as far as my hunting report.

hunted cabin creek (unit 336) till about 11am then moved down to elk heights (also unit 336) then moved back up to cabin creek for the afternoon.

all i know is there sure isnt alot of elk movement in those areas. i walked maybe 13 miles today and only cut a few tracks. couple little herds of 3-6 elk and a handful of singles.

snow was about 3inches deep in both areas, couple days old.

where are the elk? in unit 340 already for winter?

what about the elk in cabin creek area? its a long walk to the elk heights winering grounds, where would the cabin creek elk winter?

#390351 - 11/21/07 12:25 AM Re: got trampled today :/ [Re: ]
Fish Stalker Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: S.W. Washington
I need to be out there smashin into some elk to..or is it them smashin into me? not sure depends who you talk to right DeerSlayer lol

Hopefully we get some more snow..3inches isnt even a problem for them,,,need it to pour and then we will get some good activety!!!

#390382 - 11/21/07 08:24 AM Re: got trampled today :/ [Re: Fish Stalker]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
dang dude...thats almost as bad as castaway getting attacked by an eagle in his own front yard... \:D

#390434 - 11/21/07 01:33 PM Re: got trampled today :/ [Re: ]
LFS Offline
Alevin

Loc: Edmonds
I forgot to mention in a different post. While I was fishing with my 9 year old son in Forks a couple weeks ago, while heading to the Sol Duc we saw a HUGE herd of elk (about 18-24) near the bottom of Whitcomb/Dimmel Rd. At the time, I was wishing I had my rifle or compound bow and hunting license.

#390510 - 11/21/07 08:44 PM Re: got trampled today :/ [Re: LFS]
deerslayer
Unregistered

hunted the same area again today and didnt see any elk.

there was alot of movement last night. lots and lots of fresh track this morning. but not any seen. all tracks we have seen are headed east. not a sinlge one in the other direction HMMM

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Rudy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, Carcassman), 721 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12612
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63812 Topics
645803 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |