Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#439155 - 06/13/08 04:05 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: Dan S.]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Approaching a strange level???? That is well in my rear view mirror.....

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#439176 - 06/13/08 05:28 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: eddie]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Kool-Aid appears to be VERY intoxicating... especially to conservatives.

#439238 - 06/14/08 07:08 AM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: 4Salt]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

I dont think anyone will be too happy over the next four years.

Not so wild predictions.

Obama- increased taxes on everyone over 15,000 not all the same tax
- no drilling required
-govt health care for kids
- greedy oil company tax
- more cigarette taxes
- massive jobs programs
- Hillary is sworn in after someone is successful starting a race war.
- BC takes over control of UN
- unions get new legislation.
- veterans come home except new bases in Kuwait, Israel
- oil hits 200
- Drug trade increase in Pakistan
- Ru486 legalized
- two supreme court nominations.
- defense spending is cut.
- more police are hired
- legal rollbacks on tort reform and welfare
- Assault weapons ban passed.
- registration of all firearms required.
- Lawsuits against cigaretter companies resume
- Lawsuits against fast food giants begin
- Lawsuits against gun manufactures resume
- fairness doctrin passed causing the collapse of AM radio.
- gay marriage goes 50 states
- inmates give retain voting rights
- kioto treaty is signed
-slavery reparations is passed.
- new education bill is signed
-unfunded mandates on new clean air act.
-v-8 tax excise tax
- coal tax passed to fund solar ethanol increases
- 2010 census
- Statehood for Puerta Rico
- cap and trade legislation passed
- minimum wages to go 9.00 dollars
- gay men allowed maternaty leave.

#439251 - 06/14/08 01:39 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: TBJ]
D-Squared Offline
Smolt

Loc: Everett, WA
Originally Posted By: TBJ
He and Cheney have sure done well for themselfs and thier friends with thier oil stocks. The last 8 years have been a joke and it aint a very funny one either.-TBJ

Personally as a stock holder in big oil, I can not thank the dem's enough for driving up the price of oil, profits, and share holder dividends, thru the banning of off shore drilling, the banning of oil exploration in anwar, the banning of building new refineries, and the banning of drilling in the Dakota's and Rocky Mountian states.

As long as the dem's continue to whore themselves out to radical enviromentalism, I will continue to see records returns on my personal folio.

Keep up the good work, thumbs

D-squared

#439252 - 06/14/08 01:57 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer
I dont think anyone will be too happy over the next four years.

Not so wild predictions.

Obama- increased taxes on everyone over 15,000 not all the same tax

- veterans come home except new bases in Kuwait, Israel
- Drug trade increase in Pakistan
- Ru486 legalized
- two supreme court nominations.
- defense spending is cut.
- more police are hired
- Assault weapons ban passed.
- Lawsuits against cigaretter companies resume
- Lawsuits against fast food giants begin
- Lawsuits against gun manufactures resume
- new education bill is signed
-unfunded mandates on new clean air act.
-v-8 tax excise tax
- cap and trade legislation passed

Those ones have already happened. Most under either Bush I or Bush II.

Tax increases HAVE to happen to pay off Bush's War Debt. You dont pay for your house, you eventually lose it.

Some of that's real tinfoil hat stuff you listed. You know Censuses are required by the constitution? ALWAYS have been? It's essential to the apportionment of Congressional delegates.
And that Veterans, by definition, are the ones already home?
lame

"CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES

ARTICLE I Section II
Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons"

#439254 - 06/14/08 02:14 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: Irie]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Irie,

First of all, Cap and Trade legislation was just defeated in the Senate.

If you look at the list and seriously think they wont be revisited, you have been asleep.

Thanks for the petty correction about veterans status. Regardless of where the bases are, not all the soldiers will be coming home if Obama is elected. My point about the 2010 Census, was unfinished. We can expect serious gerimandering. Since it hasnt happened yet, its still a prediciton. Perhaps you dont want people to think about the future games that could be played. Should Obama get more voters and lose the election, you will hear more cries about getting rid of the electoral college.

The assault weapons ban passed under clinton and ran out under Bush. The exact name of other legislation restricting semi automatic and automatic weapons is unknown to me. They only reason they have not clamped down on guns further is the fact that a lot of single women voters are now gun owners.

When compared to global warming predictions, these are not so wild. Did you believe Ted Dans claims about the oceans some 14 years ago. What happened to the population explosion predictions and the food shortage.

At one time, a round earth or flying was tin hat. At one time, 100 dollar oil was tin hat.
At one time, star wars technology was tin hat. However, the US military currently has at least one jet that has a lazor in the nose to destroy incoming missles. The planes were a cost saving measure.

Tax increases (do not have to happen) Democrats raise taxes, because they are unable to tell anyone NO! They have been buying votes for a very long time. The federal budget increases, automatically 10% per year. All cuts come out of a 10% increase. I find it absolutely bizarre that no politician has seriously talked to Iraq about paying for this war, with their own oil. At 135 per barrel, it would not take long to pay back the US. There is nothing that will repay families of dead and crippled soldiers but money is always a good start. Deficits are not new to Democrats, after all, they threw in the social security trust fund into the general budget. Meanwhile Chile has a privatized social security retirement system.

I dont care if you think they are tin hat. Predictions of the future are inherently subject to ridicule. Wild or not remains to be seen. But then, the messenger is always the first one shot. At least you can keep hoping for the other half of the list. Lighten up, I probably dislike McCain more than you do.

Edited by Lead Bouncer (06/14/08 03:05 PM)

#439351 - 06/16/08 11:26 AM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: Fast and Furious]
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
If you are interested in the truth, which I think at least a few are, you should check out factcheck.org. It is nonpartisan and does present the true facts. May not be for everyone, the truth I mean. Some people would rather get their truth from Rush or FOX tv or Air America. Choose your own kool- aid.
http://www.factcheck.org/

#439360 - 06/16/08 01:08 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: stever in everett]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer
I find it absolutely bizarre that no politician has seriously talked to Iraq about paying for this war, with their own oil. At 135 per barrel, it would not take long to pay back the US.

Nice one, LB. LOL... you sound like Paul Wolfowitz from 2002!

The Kool-Aid is ice cold... drink up!

#439374 - 06/16/08 02:11 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: D-Squared]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: D-Squared
Originally Posted By: TBJ
He and Cheney have sure done well for themselfs and thier friends with thier oil stocks. The last 8 years have been a joke and it aint a very funny one either.-TBJ

Personally as a stock holder in big oil, I can not thank the dem's enough for driving up the price of oil, profits, and share holder dividends, thru the banning of off shore drilling, the banning of oil exploration in anwar, the banning of building new refineries, and the banning of drilling in the Dakota's and Rocky Mountian states.

As long as the dem's continue to whore themselves out to radical enviromentalism, I will continue to see records returns on my personal folio.

Keep up the good work, thumbs

D-squared

Seems someone needs to read more. Even the Saudi's are saying there's no justification for sky high prices as demand has not risen much. HEDGE FUNDS are to blame. BTW, how much oil would have been produced by now if drilling had been allowed in ANWAR? ZERO.

#439388 - 06/16/08 03:08 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Kool aid, in itself has become a bastardized, joke phrase. Its not only insulting to people of religious faith and those who back a political candidate or party, it trivializes the death of hundreds of people who were involved in a cult. Having a different point of view, does not mean ones interest lies in suicide. I dont like either candidate for president and Im not a one issue voter.

One news report stated that McNixon came thru and took the campaign cash to use in other states. If the candidate doesnt think he can win Washington, it wont matter what anyone says on this or any other forum in this state.

At least CCA donations are spent on state issues.

#439395 - 06/16/08 03:42 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: stlhead]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Stlhd, Dont confuse quote from the Saudis, short term increase in oil prices versus long term world demand. Oil is up again today, since their are some production issues in Africa nations.

The debate over Anwar is decades old, if my info is correct, Carter may have talked about drilling there. We are not drilling there because of opponents. Now they just want to say it wont make a difference today. They use Anwar as the example for the entire production issue, not a percentage of the total output. They talk about all the leases in Colorado, the gulf, the coast, etc that oil companies arent using. Well, the lease is only the first part. It doesnt guarantee you the drilling permit or keep you from getting sued, before you drill. Again, they are not thinking decades into the future. Demand is one million barrels higher per day, than supply. By 2017+_ china will have more freeway miles than the US.-source Modern Marvels.

Ya, hedge funds buy oil. So does your parents retirement account. HE was blaming congress and doesnt think Obama will improve it. I have to agree. They will of course, but it will take a full blown recession and five to six dollar gas before congress feels enough heat. Only republicans want to drill. Some Dems may want to drill, but environmental groups have a lot of power and money.

The same short term logic transferred all of the social security funds, into the general fund and supposedly wrote an IOU. They spent every dollar, and its not even included in the National debt. I watch the subcomittee on the budget, when the 94 congress was trying to balance the budget. Dems kept trying to amend it by including the SS trust fund. Unfortunately, GOP played games with it too. The 2000 Census was paid with emergency funding. which is listed off budget. Our current ROI on SS is about 2%. Much less than private accounts.

#439409 - 06/16/08 05:14 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: Fast and Furious]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Even the industries own research, which they tried to keep secret, showed that the amount of expected oil is a nit. ANWAR is about massive tax subsidies flooding into the hands of a few yet again. It has little to do with oil except to try to break the hold we the people have on our last vestiges of open space.
Who's "they"? Who's preventing new refineries? Who's preventing existing approved drilling?
Demand is higher than supply because demand is not controlled but supply is. No free market capitalism at play in the oil bus. And when it get's to the US it's maniplulated even further.
This is the ever corrupt cirle of oil. When a new admin is elected the price will drop. Never to what is was though but it always magically happens.

"The same short term logic transferred all of the social security funds, into the general fund and supposedly wrote an IOU" Started with Ronald Reagan.

#439424 - 06/16/08 06:52 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: stlhead]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

So the tax subsidies would be paid to oil companies on land that has an inconsequential amount of oil? Lets see the proof.

It turns out, I wasnt completely right on the SS fund, at least according to these guys. But it wasnt Reagan. I knew it was LBJ. Read down to the question about the general fund. Since you probably hate Reagan, Ill throw in a bonus for you.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/sschanges.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Security_(United_States)

Be Brave.

Edited by Lead Bouncer (06/16/08 06:53 PM)

#439518 - 06/17/08 11:13 AM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: ]
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
"Personally, I do not take a single source as truth...but that is just me"
And me. I just put that link as a source. I get forwarded email all the time from people who don't even vet their info through snops at the very least.
You can almost always tell that the facts are fake when the email starts out with "this is true".
I understand that most sources have at least some bias or agenda.

#440216 - 06/21/08 11:50 AM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
FishBear Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Western Washington
Originally Posted By: B-RUN STEELY
I grew up with Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan ( who was a POS) Bush, Clinton, and Bush Jr..

Is there any doubt that Bush Jr is the greatest P.O.S to run this county in the last 15 decades ??? Also want you to know that Reagan was just the same.... maybe worse..

Oh man, are you reading my mind? You are 100% correct. And we get to witness this historic event... 8 long years of the worst administration ever to inflict its twisted vision on this country. If we recover from this dark period in time we will have really done something.

George W. Bush

#440218 - 06/21/08 12:11 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: FishBear]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
It will take a long time, and a lot of money, to fix the total fukkup left here by BushCorp, by far the biggest POS this nation has ever seen, and hopefully will ever see.

The conservative Kool-Aid drinkers will easily be able to blame it on whomever comes next, but even under all the fluff they know the truth...BushCorp has fukked us, and good, for a long time.

Besides, it's all Clinton's fault, anyway, isn't it?

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Using "Kool-Aid Drinkers" is a perfectly apt description.

It describes a cult-like following of believers who, in the face of all facts and logic to the contrary, continue to cling to what they are being fed by their masters.

It is what even a few within the Bush Administration have told us...those of us who live in the "reality-based" world won't ever be able to fully understand what they are doing, because much of it is based on fundamental beliefs or policies that are firmly planted in Fantasy Land.

There is no other way to describe the 29% left who still approve of Bush.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#440644 - 06/24/08 06:53 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: Todd]
pnwflyguy Offline
Fry

Loc: Nooksack River
Bush's got my vote! As a POS of absolutely gargantuan proportions.

Excerpt from the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson.

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness".

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security".

Long overdue my friends, long over due.

Ed

Edited by pnwflyguy (06/24/08 07:48 PM)
Edit Reason: I got to thinkin' and my history sucks

#440666 - 06/24/08 10:33 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: pnwflyguy]
Idaho Mike Offline
Carcass

Loc: Post Falls Idaho
Bush, the biggest P.O.S. ever? I agree and punishment for our sin of electing him will be President Obama.

#440668 - 06/24/08 10:39 PM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: pnwflyguy]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
I may be wrong but didn't the president have a republican majority in the senate until 2006? Ya, must be the D's fault.

Just for balance in regard to our region. WA state has owned the governors office/senate/most mayors and county councils... and still can't get [censored] done. Must be the R's fault.

Doesn't matter what side you're on we're the one's being screwed. But to stand your line with this POS is pretty funny.

Where the hell is B_J when you need him.

#440721 - 06/25/08 11:24 AM Re: Biggest P.O.S EVER !! ?? [Re: ]
FishBear Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Western Washington
"In this here land of prosperity some are willing to jump ship & trade in our freedom because….not sure why.... rhetoric? Or is it because house prices are falling & gas prices are rising?"

Are you referring to the Homeland Security Act?

George W. Bush

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bigkat, bobber, CWAL, ISO STEELHEAD, SilverKing
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 609 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13397
eyeFISH 12607
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63790 Topics
645513 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |