THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#461028 - 10/19/08 04:32 AM Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)???
Titanium Cranium Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Sequim
After taking my family on a tour of some of our new territory (since we just moved to the area recently) we stopped in Forks for dinner. I anticipated that we'd have some local fare and decided that "The Inn Place" looked a likely candidate.

All I can say after that experience is that on a scale of 1 t0 5 I would have chosen 0. The meal was truly uneventful. The beers were good, but hey, they'er bottled! The cook must have gone shopping for the food after we ordered because it was an hour and fifteen minutes after we placed our order before we were served AND there weren't many people in there. It was 7:15PM when we arrived so it wasn't like it was 10 minutes before closing. I was actually looking for the waitstaff to ask for my check and leave when the meal arrived. Just before I was served I saw a couple leave for the same reason. Upon eating the meal it was cold.

That was my first and last visit to "The Inn Place" and I'd recommend you not to bother wasting your life away waitng for your food in there either.

So... two things; A) Where should I have gone? B) Does anyone know the owner and have their phone number?

#461029 - 10/19/08 05:07 AM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: Titanium Cranium]
tailout terror
Unregistered

that's funny you say that. I've been a big fan of their breakfasts, but never eaten there for any other meal than that.

If you want some truly grubbin' food, try Pacific Pizza. Awesome crust, loaded with toppings and an average salad bar as well. Mac and Jacks on tap! A bit expensive as far as pizza is concerned but well worth the wait. Then again, maybe the food in Forks always tastes so dang good because by the time I'm off the river I'm freakin' starving!

#461030 - 10/19/08 05:27 AM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Chinese food is good.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#461031 - 10/19/08 06:17 AM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: Dogfish]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Loc: Bainbridge Island
Inn Place breakfasts have always been fine for me. The Plaza Jalisco has decent mexican food that is reasonably priced but the small hole in the wall mexican taqueria presses thier own corn tortillias every few hours and is very affordable and very good. Chicago Roo's has some great deep dish style pizza that takes a while to get but it blows away the greasy cardboard pizza at Pacific pizza. I have never eaten at the Smokehouse but I know many board members dine there but thats probably because they serve hard liquor. Then theres always the convieience store breakfasts of which there have been several horror stories passed around. Best burger in town really is out of town and down at Three Rivers. The Quilliute burger. It is Forks after all and I am sure your gonna get different stories from differennt people. Good Luck.-TBJ

Edited by TBJ (10/19/08 06:19 AM)

#461033 - 10/19/08 09:56 AM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: TBJ]
Erik Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: North of Seattle/ South of For...
if you have the means, the best food in town is from the take-n-bake pizza place. There is a real opportunity in town for a restaurant with consistently decent food and service!

#461038 - 10/19/08 11:31 AM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: Erik]
tailout terror
Unregistered

Roos Pizza is delicious, but last time I was there I swear I waited for 2 hours. Pacific Pizza Greasy? Yep. That's why I love it.....

#461043 - 10/19/08 11:49 AM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: ]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Bear Creek Cafe serves an awesome egg n bacon breakfast muffin.

I like the Halloween stuff.

#461044 - 10/19/08 11:59 AM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: Steelheadman]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Pacific Pizza for pizza or Italian...I mostly eat at Jalisco's for dinner, and sometimes eat breakfast at the Inn Place...never eaten dinner there.

The Coffee Shop seems to be "the" place for breakfast...sometimes it seems that every fisherman in town is there for breakfast in the morning, plus they have excellent sack lunches to take on the river with you.

I'm a fan of staying at the Forks Motel or at The Olympic Suites...those places have kitchens in the rooms, and though sometimes it's a hassle if you're tired from fishing all day, I like making a meal myself.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#461045 - 10/19/08 11:59 AM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: Steelheadman]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
One of the worst meals I have ever had the privilage of paying for was at the Smoke House place in Forks, but the breakfast place everyone seems to go to was pretty good.

#461046 - 10/19/08 12:00 PM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

A B-Run sighting! How ya been, old man?

#461050 - 10/19/08 12:25 PM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: Todd]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Doing good !!!

Actually, been roughing up the suspect looking at the STS cover girl.

Is that wrong ???

#461051 - 10/19/08 12:29 PM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: Todd]
RognSue Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: edmonds
Those LITTLE pancakes at The Coffee Shop seem to always be a good start to the day...some day I might even eat all 3...

#461052 - 10/19/08 12:31 PM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)? [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
Originally Posted By: B-RUN STEELY
roughing up the suspect

rofl

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#461053 - 10/19/08 12:32 PM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
Doing good !!!

Is that wrong ???

If it is, then we're both wrong. That said, it must be right!

#461055 - 10/19/08 12:39 PM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Doing good !!!

Is that wrong ???

here ya go...

http://www.flygal.ca/gallery

#461056 - 10/19/08 12:41 PM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: Bucket/Good Sport]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

So... Bucket.. do you suppose she knows when its happening ??? Like maybe her ears start itching ???

#461059 - 10/19/08 12:47 PM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
Is that wrong ???

Wrong?

No.

Maybe a little sad, though. grin

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#461062 - 10/19/08 12:52 PM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
So... Bucket.. do you suppose she knows when its happening ??? Like maybe her ears start itching ???

OH, she know's!

Back on topic---Chinese is GOOD

#461078 - 10/19/08 02:39 PM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: Bucket/Good Sport]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
I prefer the "new" Chinese place...

Unless you are looking for drinking instead of eating...

Or fighting... wink

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#461079 - 10/19/08 02:40 PM Re: Where to eat in Forks (AND where not to eat!)??? [Re: Bucket/Good Sport]
hybridcx Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: sequim, Wa
chinese food is good. pasific pizza, i only eat at the inn place (country skillet) if the wife is with me she waited there in high school and she likes to stop in and say hi, as for me i prefer the coffe shop, sol duc scramble can't go wrong. mexican food is good also. i havn't eatn at the smoke house in a while although back when it was the only place in town to get a mixd drink i remember the food being good. although again they served hard A.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
RockLizard, tj592004
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 527 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13413
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63817 Topics
645865 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |