Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63245 - 07/03/01 06:15 PM closed lakes due to residents complaining
steve333 Offline
Egg

Loc: Snohomish
I was wondering if anyone has run across the same problem as myself. I live near a small lake that has a public boat launch, for the last two years now the WDFW has closed the boat launch due to residence that live on the lake complaining of vandalism. I'm sure that the residence that live on the lake want to keep it to their selfs. I live near by and hardly ever see people useing the lake. I think this is a case where residence that live on a public lake want to make it a private lake. Please let me know if anyone has run into this problem as well.

#63246 - 07/05/01 12:20 PM Re: closed lakes due to residents complaining
Fish Guy Keith Offline
Parr

Loc: WA
I havent run across any , but that sounds like BULLSH*T too me!!

mad

#63247 - 07/05/01 12:44 PM Re: closed lakes due to residents complaining
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Don't they close Lake Serene in Lynnwood in the summer due to kids harving parties at the boat launch. The people around the lake said they made too much noise. I wonder when they were kids(people) if they didn't party. mad rolleyes mad mad

#63248 - 07/05/01 04:00 PM Re: closed lakes due to residents complaining
Big Matt Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Graham
they did the same thing to Kapowsin a few years ago but for differant reasons. There was meth labs, weed crops, squaters, partiers, and transients living down there all year long. Along with the serious problem with garbage and vandalism. mad

#63249 - 07/10/01 04:18 AM Re: closed lakes due to residents complaining
Theresa Offline
Fry

Loc: Gig Harbor
Any of ya'll that know me, know that one of my biggest fishing pet peeves are lake front property owners. Though I haven't dealt w/any lakes near me that have closed because of them, I have had them call me names & yell at me to release the fish I catch (though I do anyway). I'm sick of them thinking that just because they were stupid enough to pay high prices to live on a lakefront, that they own the lake. Though I have witnessed & said something regarding littering etc at boat launches, that doesn't give the homeowners a right to take away the lake from the rest of us.
Anyway, that's my $. 02

#63250 - 07/10/01 08:55 PM Re: closed lakes due to residents complaining
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Puyallup, WA
Matt,
What happened at Kapowsin was totally different. Champion owned that land and was leasing it to the state. The lease ran out and Champion refused to renew it due to everyone trashing their land.
Can't blame them one bit for it. That place was a real hole. Champion got bought out, maybe the new owners won't care if the pigs trash their land.

#63251 - 07/12/01 04:43 PM Re: closed lakes due to residents complaining
chumsalmon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bellingham
a friend of mine just came back from upper goose lake by potholes and to his dismay the BLM had closed the gate to that lake. it's several miles from the gate to the boat launch (it has a pretty decent ramp) he read the sign and said they had closed it due to littering but, ya know i was over there last year and i didn't really see any litter at all, and actually saw very few people there. he also noted that they were going to open the gate back up in september, (ya know why they do this is so that people can go back there and hunt) and then were going to close it back up again around april again. I don't understand why they would do this but, it does kind of make me a little mad. basicly it sounds like its open to hunting but, closed to fishing. don't get me wrong i'm not anti-hunting i love to hunt too, but to close it during fishing season is kind of wierd, anyone one know anything about why this is closed off to the public? I would be curious to know if anyone has any more information about it

#63252 - 07/14/01 02:23 PM Re: closed lakes due to residents complaining
Big Matt Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Graham
guess i was wrong! but all I know is that the problems wernt all solved buy closing the gate.

#63253 - 07/19/01 04:18 PM Re: closed lakes due to residents complaining
dastr8poop Offline
Egg

Loc: Seattle
I've been told by several lake residents that Serene in Lynnwood gets closed down due to abuse. They've said, "Enjoy it while you can 'cause we'll be closing it down again this summer I'm sure!" Those *******s. mad

#63254 - 07/27/01 12:23 PM Re: closed lakes due to residents complaining
Kent near Monroe Offline
Parr

Loc: Storm Lake near Monroe
I'm a lake front owner and here's my experience. I've had a number of fishermen get out of their boat and pee in front of my 6 and 8 year old daughters while fishing. My road is not public access and has never been public access, but my gate has been broken into 3 times. At any given time there is numerous garbage and crap washed up on the shore. Beer bottles, cans, styrofoam worm containers, fishing stuff etc I've snorkled all over my lake and it would make you sick to see the garbage on the bottom. You name it and it's on the bottom. I would never want the public access to be denied, but I can see both sides of the story. Would you mind if I came over to your house and partied and trashed your yard every week or so??? I don't think so! That's what's happening here, so it's no wonder the gates are locked and access denied.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1011 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |