LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64822 - 02/10/02 04:05 PM Lakes Near Redmond!
Fishnhide Offline
Parr

Loc: Redmond
I have one of those lakes and rivers of Washington books, but from you guys...

What are some nice lakes within an hour or so of Redmond, I dont mind if it's catch and release, but I want some place where not many people go, cuz I wana try my flyfishing... and I'm not the best at it. no matter how much I practice, when I get out on the water I forget everything.

so some place: close, nice scenery, not to many people, and can fish from shore...

if you know any thanks a bunch,
Ben

#64823 - 02/10/02 06:03 PM Re: Lakes Near Redmond!
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
grab your self a float tube waders and fins and e-mail me laugh . i'll gaurentee you at least 5 fish!
Tyler

#64824 - 02/10/02 06:44 PM Re: Lakes Near Redmond!
Mike C Offline

Definately the place to go would be Rattlesnake Lake. Nice scenery, special gear regs, no houses. Good luck.

#64825 - 02/10/02 08:31 PM Re: Lakes Near Redmond!
Fishnhide Offline
Parr

I'll try to get some for summer and call you tyler, but it may be difficult... I usually fish salt from a dingy or Boston Whaler so I dont think I'd get much use out of it... But I'l try to get some extra money.. thanks for the offer smile

Can you fish from shore at rattlesnake lake?

Thanks,
BEn

#64826 - 02/10/02 08:43 PM Re: Lakes Near Redmond!
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
Lots of good bank access at Rattlesnake - especially if the water level is low (it varies quite a bit). Don't expect to be alone though. Opens end of April and is a "selective fishery" lake. If the weather is nice, you'll have to dodge the swimmers.

#64827 - 02/10/02 08:55 PM Re: Lakes Near Redmond!
Fishnhide Offline
Parr

is it fly fishing only?

if not what kind of lures do you use at lakes? I've never fished a lake with lures...

Thanks,

P.S. could you use BuZZ Bombs in a lake efectively?

#64828 - 02/10/02 11:56 PM Re: Lakes Near Redmond!
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
Not fly fishing only, just artificial, single/barbless lures. A buzz bomb will work - especially after the opener - they'll hit anything then. Just watch out for snags. The lake is full of submerged stumps.

Also try spoons and spinners. Also, before I tried real fly fishing, I did very well with flies (both wet and dry) on my spinning rod. Just get one of those clear bobbers and use 4 or 5 feet of leader to a wooly bugger or dry fly. Slow retrieve - letting the wooly bugger rise and slowly sink works great. For the dry, just cast out and reel in a little to get the bobber away from the fly. If no takers, work it in a little. If it sinks, no problem, just work it back in like it was a wet fly - sometimes that works best.
This is a great way to fish the alpine lakes as well. Sometimes you have no room for a back cast - and a float tube can be a hassle to pack - so a spinning rod, bobber, and some flies works wonders. My favorite method for alpine brookies...

Good luck!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 659 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |