Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65863 - 04/16/02 04:36 PM lake cushman
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: manchester,Wa
has anybody here had much luck there, I heard it has a large bass and trout population. just wondering thinking about checking it out.

#65864 - 04/16/02 05:04 PM Re: lake cushman
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
No Bass, trout,cutt's , kokanes' ,land locked kings. This info from a co-worker.

#65865 - 04/16/02 06:15 PM Re: lake cushman
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Last time I was there was when i was about 13 and in the Boy Scouts. About 53 years ago. Once an old man always an old man. laugh laugh laugh

#65866 - 04/16/02 06:15 PM Re: lake cushman
TRAUT Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: HIDING
KOKANEES-POP GEAR, WEDDING RING W/MAGGOT OR WHITE CORN. FIRST AND LAST LIGHT BEST.

CUTTS- TROLLING GEAR WITH WORM/NIGHTCRAWLER DOWN DEEP. TRY WALLEYE STYLE WORM HARNESS/SPINNER BLADE. TROLL SLOW AND LOW.

RAINBOWS - THE USUAL STUFF WORKS.

WATER WILL BE PRETTY HIGH THIS TIME OF YEAR, BUT STILL HAVE TO WATCH FOR GEAR GRABBIN' STUMPS.

GOOD LUCK

#65867 - 04/16/02 08:06 PM Re: lake cushman
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Marine Area 13
Landlock Kings! Fish the N/NW corner of the lake as you would the salt- downrigger and flasher/herrring or plugs/spoons/hootchy. However, scale back just a little on bait/lure size. Fish hold anywhere from 90-150 feet just above the sunkens forests. You'll want to put your weight 10 feet or so above the stumps and keep on sharp eye on the finder. Ave sized on these Kings 6-9 pounds however, there are few over 20 pounds caught every year.

This fishery has been known to a few for a couple years and is finally gaining a bigger crowd. Fishing picks up around the first of July through August before they hit the river. If you need specifics, shoot me an email.

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter

#65868 - 04/16/02 08:13 PM Re: lake cushman
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Man this is something to add to my need to do list. Land-locked kings? I'm interested.

#65869 - 04/17/02 12:20 PM Re: lake cushman
kjackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Townend, WA
Here's something to add-- there are bass in the lake and have been for a long time. There aren't many, to my way of thinking, but there are, or should be, some brutes. I saw a huge largemouth when I was in high school (a long time ago) and fished the lake fairly regularly.

On my last trip there, a couple of years back, I caught one largemouth about three pounds on a topwater. Beautiful fish-- the clear water lets them develop their coloring.

There are also landlocked Dolly Varden/Bull trout in the lake, and those used to grow into the 20s or larger.

There should be some good fishing in the upper part when runoff starts-- if you can find clear water.

#65870 - 04/17/02 02:24 PM Re: lake cushman
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Be careful using your downriggers in Cushman. The times that I've tried it, I was constantly hanging the ball up in the sunken forest. Even trolling down the middle of the lake, anytime I went deeper than 100', snag city. I lost a few flashers but luckily I was able to save the downrigger ball. I too have heard good things about the landlocked kings, but they are definitely few and far between.

#65871 - 04/21/02 03:07 PM Re: lake cushman
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
Looks like the secret is out!The old resort owner used to have a stack of pictures of land locked kings.I have a friend that does pretty good the trick is getting right on top of that forest in certain spots.The point right across from the resort is a good spot to start.

Rockfish,
We should get together on a trip up there as I coould show you some small lakes and secret ponds in the erea too.

#65872 - 04/23/02 12:39 AM Re: lake cushman
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: manchester,Wa
hey little cleo, I got some side jobs the next couple of weekends (roof and a deck), and working pretty late in the evenings so pretty booked up, but evenings are ususally some what free. we should check out kitsap lake some time, caught a 2 lb bass the other morning before work on a plastic grub, he was making a nest right next to the dock ramp on the left side of the fishing dock ramp. threw him as hard as I could so he'll leave the area so some squid cant kill him. give me a call when you read this. tight lines Ben

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 532 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |