Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66094 - 05/02/02 01:22 PM Lacamas Lake
Tha Big Cheese Offline
Parr

Loc: Vancouver, WA
How come no one ever talks of fishing Lacamas Lake.....is that not a good lake to fish. I live fairly close too that, and I just want some opinions on that specific lake.

#66095 - 05/03/02 07:29 AM Re: Lacamas Lake
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Having run this web site for five years, I have noticed an interesting pattern. Some years a particular lake will get several reports, and the next year - nothing. So it may not indicate whether the lake is any good or not, it's more just a random thing.

#66096 - 05/03/02 01:10 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
John1970W Offline
Egg

Loc: Vancouver Washington
I work just down the hill from Lacamas Lake at the paper mill in Camas. I sometimes fish it before or after work and it can be enjoyable fishing. However, during the warm weather there are tons of jet skis and boats on the large lake. So usually I find quieter water and better fishing in Round Lake. That is the body of water by the park. Have caught many nice browns back in the area towards the dam. Also once the outlet/inlet stream opens in June those offer decent fish for a while. But those are probably better for flyfishing since they are pretty shallow. But if you have the whole day to go fishing there are definately better places to go fishing around here. I flyfish so within two hours are Merrill, Coldwater, Mcbride, Goose Lake, N.F. Lewis above Swift Reservoir. Also the Deschutes at Maupin is less than two hours away and great fishing.

#66097 - 05/03/02 01:10 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
From my what I've heard (and experienced a few times), the lacamas isn't that popular for a lot of folks because of the chocolate milk color (to put it nicely) and often tough fishing. With that said, the lakes gets generous plants of browns and other fish, and can produce well for bass. I think if you work on it a little and crack into some if its secrets, you'll definately be rewarded...

#66098 - 05/06/02 12:54 AM Re: Lacamas Lake
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Maple Falls, Wa
This was one of my favorite lakes to fish for brown's. If you'll check Lacamas report's I gave several hint's on how to fish it. As far as the jet skier's go early or late to avoid them. But if you put the time in and learn the lake it will pay off with limit after limit and their are some very nice trout in this lake. Hang in their and I think you will get as much enjoyment out of this lake as I did. Beleive me it will be worth it. Take Care, PELICAN

#66099 - 05/06/02 12:51 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
Tha Big Cheese Offline
Parr

Thanks for the info, I saw that they actually stocked the lake but I never saw any conversation on this particular spot. I will definitely have to check it out as it isn't too far from where I live in Fishers Landing. I look forward to hearing more about fishing around here.

#66100 - 05/06/02 05:33 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
Stacie L. Kelsey Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver
Lacamas has been offering up some 3lb. browns and rainbows. We just stuffed another 7,427 brwons at 2.3/lb. in there a couple of days ago.

Despite the icky water color, there are some beautiful fish coming out of there!

stace

#66101 - 05/06/02 08:59 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
Some tips on flyfishing that ugly Lacamas water for Browns. Think big flies.
Think flashy flies. Attractor Patterns,Buggers,Streamers,Muddlers. Use lots of
flashabou and mylar in the patterns.
Fish the shallower water before the weeds take over. Fish slow and deep.
Catch and Release! smile

#66102 - 05/24/02 03:49 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
Tha Big Cheese Offline
Parr

Thinking of hitting Lacamas this weekend, any tips or advice?

#66103 - 05/24/02 04:22 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

After you launch troll straight across to the opposite side and troll right along the weed bed's go all the way down until your right across from the big house on the entry road and cut across then troll that side until just before the boat launch and cut across again, also watch the water and see where their feeding . Don't be afraid to troll right thru the middle of them, chances are you'll pick one up. Also see my report on Lacamas lake. Good Luck.

#66104 - 05/24/02 04:35 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
Tha Big Cheese Offline
Parr

Thanks, I'm reading a lot of the reports and it seems that most people fish that lake in the evening. Is that the way to do it?

#66105 - 05/25/02 01:38 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I usually fished early in the morning or later in the evening, just before dusk , until dark. But to honest I caught fish all hour's of the day skirting the weed bed's especially in the shady area's. If you get a chance I found that weekday's were best, not so many skier's and etc...

GOOD LUCK

#66106 - 05/27/02 05:39 AM Re: Lacamas Lake
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Hey Big Cheese how'd you do? Kind of intrested on what tactic's you used. Let us know.

#66107 - 05/29/02 06:00 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
Tha Big Cheese Offline
Parr

I did not get to hit Lacamas last week, looking forward to hitting it this week. I don't own a boat, but I do have a pretty big raft...any tips there?

#66108 - 05/30/02 01:56 AM Re: Lacamas Lake
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Do you have an electric motor for it? If not go to the opposite side from the boat ramp and work the edge of the weed bed's with a spoon or try drifting a worm and bobber combination. Work your way toward's the gazeebo and the other boat launch and I think you'll pick up a couple. Like I said before Lime Green seem's to be a good color or maybe even the good old stand by, a red and white Dare-Devil. Good Luck. Take care.

#66109 - 05/30/02 04:18 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
Tha Big Cheese Offline
Parr

I don't have an electric motor Pelican, thanks for the tips! I also hear there are some nice bluegill in the lake as well!

#66110 - 05/31/02 01:40 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
Tha Big Cheese Offline
Parr

Is Lacamas usually packed with people trying to fish this time of year?

#66111 - 06/03/02 01:20 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
Stacie L. Kelsey Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver
I think it depends on the weather. There can be a lot of people and it makes finding room in one of the limited bank areas hard. Boats are a good bet on this lake if you have one.

If not, try the park area at Round Lake, which is connected to Lacamas (other side of the bridge).

smile

stace

#66112 - 06/05/02 03:29 AM Re: Lacamas Lake
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Stacie this lake I would think would be a prime canidate for some sort of motor restriction, I personally seen alot of close call's. With Vancouver Lake so close by and Lacamas being so small I'm surprized that the ski boat's and jet sled's are still allowed out there. Do you have any feeling on this?

#66113 - 06/06/02 12:42 PM Re: Lacamas Lake
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
Pelican: I believe speed limits and types of craft used are out of the realm of
F&G. As far as I've heard, it's your County Comissioners who have the authority to
regulate the type and speeds of craft used on county waters.

Couldn't agree more that LaCamas Lake is too small a water to be used for
waterskiing and jet sledding. It's enuff to make ya sick watching them
hormone charged buggers try to kill each other with their antics. Someone sane
SHOULD tell them where to go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 920 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |