Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66782 - 06/07/02 11:55 AM Lake Meridian
Fishin Chick Offline
Fry

Loc: Renton
Does anyone have some advice on Lake Meridian in Kent? I want to catch a triploid! I haven't been there yet. I will be trying some still-fishing w/powerbait and some trolling with pop gear and some Uncle Wes wedding rings. Should I bring some white corn and some worms to troll with? Does anyone have any advice where the hot spots to troll or still fish on this lake and how deep to go?

Thanks smile
Jess

#66783 - 06/07/02 02:16 PM Re: Lake Meridian
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
It's kinda hard to pinpoint down because conditions that dictate where the trout will be chagnes daily. But I'll give you some general info from my experiences there.

1) Forget bottom fishing with power bait if you can troll (not that it doesn't work - I just don't think it's as fun)
2) Tolling with light pop gear works here. Try the wedding ring (or Uncle Wes), but if you are not having any luck, just go to a plain #6 to 8 hook and a chunk of worm (adding a salmon egg or 2 can help as well). Use about 18 to 24" of leader behind the pop gear to the hook. Add some split shot if you need to go deeper. Vary your speed to see what works.
3) small flat fish work well here too
4) fish about 20 - 25ft around mid day, and closer to the surface early and late or if it's raining.
5) Troll along the bouys by the park (you'll probaly have company - but the spot produces fish)
6) Or troll along the North side kinda parallel to the main road (the side with the highest hill) between the little bay and the float plain that is usually docked toward the far end. Stay close to the bank - it's pretty deep up to about the end of the docks. We get a mix of nice perch, sm mouth, and trout in this strech alot
7) If it is even slightly nice out, don't bother - too many skiers and jet skiers

Good luck!

#66784 - 06/07/02 02:25 PM Re: Lake Meridian
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
All of the gear you mentioned work on Meridian. You should give a frog colored Flatfish, right on the surface, a try.

Last time I was at Meridian was in April and the surface temp was still cold (52 degrees). The water should be warmer now so fishing should be better.

Best places to go: right in front of the dock just outside the speed limit bouys (good for trolling and soaking PowerB) and the opposite end of the lake from the launch by the trailer park.

Get there early! After 10:00 A.M. the speed boats/skiers are king of the lake and they will run you over no matter where you are on the lake.

The Kent Parks ramp does not open till 0700. The WDFW ramp, right next door, is open all the time.

Enjoy!

#66785 - 06/10/02 08:17 PM Re: Lake Meridian
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Well, how'd it go?

#66786 - 06/11/02 05:21 AM Re: Lake Meridian
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Maple Falls, Wa
Fishin Chick, Make a run up here to Silver Lake (Whatcom) I'll show you how to use an Uncle Wes. Nice Campground, I could take you out for a few hour's on a saturday morning. Teach you the lake and then turn you loose on it the rest of the weekend. Nothing bigger than a 9.9 hp. Let me know. Oh by the way I was curious if that was you that ordered all of those. Thanks. You can leave a message for me at the Lake 360-599-2776

#66787 - 06/11/02 04:46 PM Re: Lake Meridian
Fishin Chick Offline
Fry

Loc: Renton
Yes I recently bought a bunch of Uncle Wes's. Thanks to PhishPhreak and Easy Limits for your replies. I promise to try out your advice soon. I did not make it out to Lake Meridian because of the rain on saturday. I figured a metal boat and rain/lightening didn't really mix well. I did go check out the boat launch and the lake saturday afternoon for future trips. I wanted to at least see the water even though I couldn't go out on it.

Thanks again!

#66788 - 06/11/02 05:27 PM Re: Lake Meridian
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

One more tip - in the fall, the koks come in to spawn in the sandy areas (or are they heading up the creek?) between the fishing dock and the boat launch. The fish are beautiful in their spawning colors and fight like crazy. The timing is pretty important. Last time I did it, they had just stocked a bunch of brood stock trout, and I got 1 4lber, 1 5lber, and 3 11-12 inch kokanee in about 45 minutes.

#66789 - 06/11/02 11:29 PM Re: Lake Meridian
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Fishin Chick, Saturday morning's for a couple of hour's and yes, I do love an audience. It will be my pleasure. 9.9 is max on the lake so your 6 hp will be fine , just can't use anything bigger on the lake.

#66790 - 06/12/02 06:56 PM Re: Lake Meridian
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
phishphreak, what time of fall do the kokes spawn, ive heard it is very interetstiing to watch, my parents live in the trailer park way across from the boat launch, that is where i generally fish, and havent had much time to look for the kokes since i dont have a boat, what do you usually catch the kokes on?? i caught one triploid about 15-16 inches like a few weeks ago but have heard of one 5 pounder caught and several in the 18 inch range up on lake meridian, pink powerbait has worked well for me.. **berkley boy**

#66791 - 06/16/02 03:47 PM Re: Lake Meridian
Powerworm17 Offline
Alevin

Loc: Renton, WA
Ive fished Lake meridian a bunch of times, but ive never had good luck with the triploids. Powerworm17@yahoo.com is my email if you want to trade secrets. Its got a big dock so they catch alot of the planters fast. I used to fish on the other side of the lake near the cove.

#66792 - 06/16/02 05:13 PM Re: Lake Meridian
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

I don't recall the exact timing, but I think it was towards the end of Sept or early Oct.
If you're bank bound, try casting small spoons and spinners or try bottom fishing or bobber fishing with white corn, meal worms\maggots or worms from the WDFW boat launch or from the sandy beach at the park (try early morning or evening). Just start trying about mid sept and listen for reports. They'll show up eventually...

#66793 - 06/24/02 01:15 AM Re: Lake Meridian
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Hey Fishin Chick, Did you get out on the water this weekend?

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 859 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |