LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67351 - 07/06/02 01:08 AM Hello from Blue Lake (Grant)
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Well guys, I have been over here since Wednesday night. I have fished Banks two times for walleye or trout. Thursday, all I caught was smallmouth. Today, I caught a nice 15" 'bow, didn't keep it though. Tonight, the neighbor kid landed a 3lb smallmouth off of his dock right at sundown. Nice fish! Hey, what are bass doing in Blue Lake any way?? mad Must be the work of some midnight biologist. Tomorrow, I might hit Park for some big trout. We will see what happens.

#67352 - 07/06/02 06:05 PM Re: Hello from Blue Lake (Grant)
kennyray Offline
Smolt

Loc: seattle
Hey Carl,

Just got home from that lake we
discussed earlier. I only caught
4 trout. 1 @ 4.5 lbs, 2 @ 3.5lbs,
and one @ 2lbs. I post the pics once
I have them developed. If you get a chance,
"HIT THAT SPOT!" These trout look like salmon.

Kennyray

#67353 - 07/07/02 01:06 AM Re: Hello from Blue Lake (Grant)
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

WOW! Very nice. Unfortunately, I won't have an oppurtunity to head that way this weekend. Coming home Sunday early. Oh well, maybe next time.

#67354 - 07/07/02 09:30 PM Re: Hello from Blue Lake (Grant)
Cigar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Shoreline, Wa.
Carl,

Did ya get a chance to fish Rufus Woods? Sounds
like ya had a great time anyway!!
My pardners took care of Lake Wash. for ya while
you were away, the cutts have been bitting good and getting bigger. laugh

Cigar

#67355 - 07/07/02 09:49 PM Re: Hello from Blue Lake (Grant)
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Na, I fished Banks hard and even fished Blue. Pretty slow on both for me. I saw Gordon Steinmetz (pro guide at Big Wally's) pick up a nice walleye just as we were passing each other on Banks. This trip was by far the slowest fishing I have experienced in my ten years of fishing this area. frown It was so damn hot I could barely muster the energy to do any fishing. eek

#67356 - 07/07/02 11:29 PM Re: Hello from Blue Lake (Grant)
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
Told ya Carl: Blue and Park are shot,will be even worse next year unless F&G gets on the ball
and rehabs em. I used to get 20-30 per day C&R on chironomids in late June, but this year only a couple per all morning. Where those 100,000+ planter trout go on Banks who knows?? They get some fishing walleyes with blade and worm, but they're scattered and few and far between normally.
Shoulda tried flyfishing for Carp on Banks at that shoal just N. of Coulee City where the road nears the lake.
Or else if you come this time of year pay a few extra bucks and fish Omak Lake for the big
Lahontins. Get em trolling spoons or flyfishing the South end shoals. They don't get on the
thermocline and start Plankton feeding like the Rainbows do once the water reaches 65.
I love to get em dragging a muddler on sinking line.
The net pens on Rufus Woods have been slooooow lately, but those that know the lake are getting a few in the shallow bays up nearer Bridgeport and Chief Jo.

#67357 - 07/07/02 11:36 PM Re: Hello from Blue Lake (Grant)
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I am just writing this year off as a "forget about it" year. I have a couple more trips planned for Labor Day weekend and the weekend before that one to Blue Lake. It is funny F&H News talked about fishing Banks Lake walleye in their latest issue. They said it was great!

On to the salt for some summer salmon! smile

#67358 - 07/07/02 11:54 PM Re: Hello from Blue Lake (Grant)
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
Hey, despite the hype Stienmetz and F&H news puts out on Banks every year, the walleye
fishing on Banks has NOT been all that great for years now. The best time to still pick up a few nice sized ones is in early spring when the whitefish spawn gets the big ones feeding heavily.
BTW since you hafta go to Blue to visit dad so much you can still get some great fishing nearby if you're willing to change some of those lures to single hook barbless and do
some C&R on Dry Falls. Naw you wouldn't want to try that, those big Dry Falls hogs might
make you wanna convert to a fly fisherman. laugh laugh wink

#67359 - 07/08/02 09:40 AM Re: Hello from Blue Lake (Grant)
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I did drive back in there to check out Dry Falls Lake. Doesn't look like there is a whole lot of bank access. I would need to get a smaller boat or a float tube. Maybe later in the summer.

#67360 - 07/09/02 08:27 PM Re: Hello from Blue Lake (Grant)
ErynH Offline
Alevin

Loc: Bellevue
I, too, spent the weekend of the 4th in the Sun Lakes area. Didn't get down to Blue, but I did spend three days on Deep Lake, which is behind Park and Dry Falls further into the canyonlands.

I tried a bottom bouncer with weddingring and worm and caught several tiny carp. Switched to powerbait on the weddingring and caught a tiny trout. I did see a few guys bank fishing with a couple of decent pan-sized trout, though.

The thing about Deep Lake was is was BEAUTIFUL. I mean gorgeous. There were a number of great bank fishing spots, the boat launch was good and the scenery and wildlife were spectacular. I sat in my little Portabote, tapped my way along the bottom, and listened to the birds chirp for hours.

What I want to know is, when can you catch decent fish out of there?

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 776 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |