LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67535 - 07/13/02 12:39 AM Lake Wilderness, HELP!
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Hey guys I need directions before 6am to Wilderness in King County! Thanks a bunch in advance!!

#67536 - 07/13/02 10:25 PM Re: Lake Wilderness, HELP!
Spawner

Hey,

I cant remember the name of the fellow who sent that map, but thank you very much. It was greatly appreciated.

Now I have yet another of my endless drone of questions.
I have downriggers now, and I want to use them. I live in Enumclaw and was wondering where to go with them? how do I use them? What lures should I use? What depths?
One is manual, the other electric.
Thanks a bunch!

Curtis

#67537 - 07/13/02 11:13 PM Re: Lake Wilderness, HELP!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
A good place to try out downriggers is in the salt or a deep lake.
What ever you decide to use for a lure/bait you will want to let out at least 20 feet of line before you connect your line to the ball. If you are running two DR's at the same time let out 30' of line on one rod then say 40' on the other. That way the two lines won't be banging in to each other. Then drop your ball down to the desired depth. Your pole should have a good arch to it so when a bite happens the line should break free from the release on the ball and the pole should snap back straight setting the hook in the fishes mouth.

#67538 - 07/14/02 12:00 AM Re: Lake Wilderness, HELP!
Spawner

hey sweet thanks

Is say American, Kapowsin, or Mineral good for these? Or should I just go out to Washington?

#67539 - 07/14/02 01:09 AM Re: Lake Wilderness, HELP!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

American and Washington are good. I don't know about Kapowsin. Mineral is not real deep.

Heck, right now the big trout have gone to the depths of Washington (70+ feet). Go deep there and you might actually catch something. cool

#67540 - 07/15/02 12:36 AM Re: Lake Wilderness, HELP!
BASSER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Tacoma Wa,
Kapowsin no, don't try it.
You will snag your big lead ball's for sure. eek laugh eek

I fish Kapowsin a lot and I still run my boat up on a stump about once a day.

It was a forest that was logged after it was flooded. So there is a ton of stumps just under the water line, and it's only 28 foot at the deepest.

#67541 - 07/15/02 06:16 PM Re: Lake Wilderness, HELP!
Spawner

So does anyone know where to go for American? I remember a couple talking about how they trolled wedding rings at 35 feet last year and limited in an hour and a half with kokes.

Think this will work again this year? If 35 doesnt work, should I adjust by intervals of 5 feet or so?

Thanks!

Curtis

#67542 - 07/15/02 11:14 PM Re: Lake Wilderness, HELP!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Try fishing right in front of the VA hospital, huge brown building, on the opposite shore from the WDFW launch. It can be very deep (80+ feet), good spot to try out downriggers. Troll around the big island too. I have also heard good things about Little American located to the south of the launch. I have not caught any fish there but that area draws a good crowd especially when it is windy. Oh ya, really watch out for the wind!

What to use....worm and wedding ring. I have also done well with a frog colored Flatfish trolled right on the surface.

Fish really seem to hang out at 35 feet or less on this big lake according to my fish finder.

#67543 - 07/15/02 11:50 PM Re: Lake Wilderness, HELP!
Spawner

Hey thanks a bunch! I'll pass this along to my friend and bum a ride along in the boat laugh

Last two times we took this boat out... which cost them more then my car... we had caught in grand total of both time... ONE 10 inch 'bow. And that was by me... So I'm gonna try and learn this stuff before next time.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 776 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |